Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
It will be bad just like their previous games. Bioware but with better production values, whoa, AMAZING.

Bioware most recent big releases: Mass Effect: Andromeda, Dragon Age: Inquisition

CDPR most recent big release: Witcher 3

Really, you'd say that Witcher 3 is the same as those two games but with 'better production values'?

I don't even like Witcher 3 all that much but I think that's a little unfair. Witcher 3 is a solid game, quite flawed in my opinion, but worth playing. I wouldn't wipe my arse with ME:A or DA:I.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
It will be bad just like their previous games. Bioware but with better production values, whoa, AMAZING.

Bioware most recent big releases: Mass Effect: Andromeda, Dragon Age: Inquisition

CDPR most recent big release: Witcher 3

Really, you'd say that Witcher 3 is the same as those two games but with 'better production values'?

I don't even like Witcher 3 all that much but I think that's a little unfair. Witcher 3 is a solid game, quite flawed in my opinion, but worth playing. I wouldn't wipe my arse with ME:A or DA:I.
But it is the same.

The Witcher follows the same formula, with the world slightly changing from chapter to chapter and storytelling through semi-cinematic cuntscenes. They even evolved similarly, transitioning from more chapter based games to more open world ones. Nobody has played any of these games for gameplay because it's garbage. Nu-bioware does exactly the same except they make shit graphics, extremely poor and sated animations and for a disgusting idea that is a game made for story, they can't write for shit. The core of those games however, unfunny combat and running around between watching cutscenes is the same.

Big Wrangle

Don't worry, just wait for the W3EE mod creator to get his hand on mod tools when the game comes out and he'll crank CP2077EE mod that will change the game.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm looking forward to this game. I played both Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper rpg as a teenager. Man, it was brutal playing it and we had to create 10 characters at a time due to the lethality of the world.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

best compilation so far

I love how in 2018 I'm supposed to believe that America is some rough and tumble place after 60 years of soybois and feminists.

If America's half as fun as that ruskie shit, my 90s will be my 20s all over again. Fuck yes.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
dulhwojif1k11.png

xj4u9ojif1k11.png

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Does CDPR have a Bethesda-like trend of pushing marketing hard X months from the game’s release? How long after the first public witcher 3 gameplay was revealed and the actual release?

Witcher 3 was revealed and promoted long before release, thanks in no small part due to the game being delayed several times. But IIRC they were impressed with Bethesda marketing Fallout 4 short moths before release, which suggests that they would like to emulate that.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Witcher 3 was revealed and promoted long before release, thanks in no small part due to the game being delayed several times. But IIRC they were impressed with Bethesda marketing Fallout 4 short moths before release, which suggests that they would like to emulate that.
They gave it a second thought and decided to promote not just a game but the whole Cyberpunk schtick, as in, the CP universe created by Mike aswell since there's so many people not very familiar (RPG Codex shows that p. accurately) with this setting. They'll try to hold off CP2077 for a year at least, for sure.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
The side-shaved haircut is the ugliest haircut a woman can have.

At least she doesn't have a missing limb.

Or does she, haven't followed this shit at all lmao

What is it exactly, shooter with companion AI? That shit has never worked, and never will.

The only thing im aware is Arma which was weird in that AI was actually usefull aside from few fuckups but those fuckups were annoying if avoidable.
AI driving in operation flashpoint was even fucking Impacted By Speeding time, it could handle driving at 2x let alone 4x speed. AI drives like Drunk Wehrmacht officer trying to run over Jew but instead of Jew its SS member.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-concept-art-secrets

Cyberpunk 2077’s concept art reveals hidden details about its world
There's plenty of info hidden within Cyberpunk 2077's concept art, but what does it tell us about the upcoming game?

cyberpunk-2077.jpg

At Gamescom this year, Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red showed off four pieces of concept art for the sci-fi RPG. Apparently innocuous, these artworks had hidden inside of them the URL that would end up teasing the public gameplay reveal. But while CD Projekt Red gave us a look at the images that inspired the game’s E3 trailer, it turns out there’s plenty more info about the game’s world inside them, all you need is a careful eye.

The concepts on show are a brilliant realisation of the futuristic dystopia that Cyberpunk 2077 is built within. There have, however, been some major changes that have taken place between the few years it took to translate those artworks to in-game screens. What we saw at E3 was, in some cases, quite different to the ideas that the concept art originally presented – as you can see below, as we pair each piece of concept art with its accompanying shot in the trailer.

In many cases, it’s what’s not there any longer that proves more interesting than what’s still on show. With that in mind, it’s very possible you missed these small nuggets of information hidden away inside the finer details. Let’s delve into see what they can tell us about Night City.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS
The first concept grew into the scene in the trailer that features a cyborg woman who is missing the lower part of her face. That’s clearly the focus of the shot: showing off how banal augmentations have become in the world of Cyberpunk 2077. When you take a look around the rest of her room, however, there’s plenty more to see, particularly if you head into the concept art.

In the top left corner of the image, there are a host of newspaper cuttings and photos of a blue-haired woman – much like the woman in the mirror, except this time with face fully intact. The headline of the cutting reads “Arasaka [a Cyberpunk megacorporation] CEO dating famous actress.”

cyberpunk-concept-1.jpg

CONCEPT ART

cyberpunk-trailer-1.jpg

TRAILER SCREENSHOT

There are a few things that seem a little off about this. The first is that this does not look like the room of a glamorous actress who would be dating a powerful CEO. The second is that I imagine most starlets don’t have articles and paparazzi shots of themselves strewn clumsily across the walls of their dingy bedrooms. Furthermore, if you cast your eye across the rest of the image, you’ll see a gun on the dresser, and the dress that the actress is wearing on the right of the image. It’s a well-known aspect of the game’s lore that megacorporations are almost constantly at war with one another, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this art is intended to indicate how often body transformation and augmentation can be used aggressively, rather than simply cosmetically. Is the woman in the dressing room changing her appearance to pretend to be her as part of a covert operation?

If you look at the shot from the trailer (which I’ve taken the liberty of brightening), the photos of the actress are gone, replaced with newspaper clipping reading “Lizzy Wizzy in Awards Show Scandal.” Lizzy Wizzy is the chrome-clad frontwoman of an in-game band, Lizzy Wizzy and the Metadwarves, and she turns up in another shot in the trailer. The woman in this shot, however, is not chrome-clad, but on the right of the image you can see another dress, which just so happens to be the one that Lizzy is wearing in her moment in the limelight. I can’t see any evidence of a gun in this shot either, so I’d imagine that this shot is trying to tell us more about the nature of celebrity and aug-based replication in Night City.

ALL READY TO GO
The second image shows a ‘Combat Cab’, a Night City taxi that seems custom-built to help violent criminals move around the city. Not a lot changed here between concept and realisation, but there are a few things to pick up on.

Cyberpunk-2077-concept-art2.jpg

CONCEPT ART

Cyberpunk-2077-taxi-in-game.jpg

TRAILER SCREENSHOT

The first is that the augmented people in the concept art have become even more robotic by the trailer. They also seem to have many more guns in the second outing.

The second is that the paraphernalia on the side of the driver’s booth has developed, revealing the name of another character – Narayan Isamu. There’s even an Uber-style “please rate your ride with Combat Cab” system embedded in it.

In the concept art, there’s not all that much to add to these observations, other than a sticker reading ‘No engine idling’, suggesting that Night City’s residents are concerned with their carbon footprints, and that Combat Cabs might take you where you need to go, but they won’t wait around for the fighting to start.

I MAKE MY OWN RULES
The third image shows the male version of the game’s protagonist, V, sitting in a busy street. In the trailer, there’s not much to see, other than the fact that he’s holding a gun and has a questionable man bun. There’s little to take away from this particular shot.

cyberpunk-concept-3.jpg

CONCEPT ART

cyberpunk-trailer-3.jpg

TRAILER SCREENSHOT

But when we go to the concept art there’s a lot more to see. Panning from the left, the female figure second in seems to have what looks like modern-day night-vision goggles, which may or may not be a physical augmentation. Moving across, right next to V is what seems to be a Boxer dog, suggesting that early concepts offered the game’s hero a pet. Moving further across, in the top-right corner is a pink sign with a bit.ly link. That link ended up being the first clue in a lengthy ARG, which teased the first public showing of the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo.

There’s also a man with an augmented right arm, which seems to be fitted with a power drill. That, coupled with the woman in the image, would suggest that augs aren’t just for violence – they can be built in as useful tools for people to use in the course of their day-to-day lives. Finally, you can see two people wearing similar hats – one on the left of V, and one directly on the right of the man with the drill for an arm. Those hats are pretty noticeable, and likely speak to CDPR’s suggestion that you’ll be able to recognise what affiliation different characters have based on their dress and movements.

JACKED IN
The final image shows what we think is a depiction of a technology developed by another Cyberpunk 2077 megacorporation. The tech allows people to access and steal another person’s thoughts via the internet, and was developed by a character called Alt Cunningham, before it was stolen by a megacorps called Militech.

With the tech in its control, Militech weaponised it and killed Cunningham. There are two moments in the trailer where we think you can see that happening – at around 1:07 at 1:11. The latter of those can be seen in the last piece of concept art, but there have been some significant changes.

cyberpunk-concept-4.jpg

CONCEPT ART

cyberpunk-trailer-4.jpg

TRAILER SCREENSHOT

The concept art shows a man plugged into a machine in a dingy room packed with TV screens. On those screens, you can see what looks like a board room meeting. One issue, though, is that you can see the central figure in that meeting’s head has exploded. In the background, you can see the Arasaka logo, suggesting this is an act of corporate violence.

Head to the trailer and much of the setting is very similar, other than the fact that the male character has been replaced with a bald woman – whose identity is a mystery, and the screens now show what seems to be live news coverage of the event.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The third image shows the male version of the game’s protagonist, V, sitting in a busy street. In the trailer, there’s not much to see, other than the fact that he’s holding a gun and has a questionable man bun. There’s little to take away from this particular shot.

Apart from the fact that is Jackie, not V, in the trailer.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
[ They'll try to hold off CP2077 for a year at least, for sure.

Most likely christmas 2019, the newest rumours are also that new consoles will be out by then, it would only be a logical move to release on current and next-gen consoles.

But if it will be multi-platform, the polygon count will be the same shit, only it will run on 4k on next-gen consoles.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
New consoles won't be out until 2020 or 2021. New consoles probably won't have a hard time running 4k or 1440p though, due to new GPUs and 7nm processes coming out soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom