Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

I'd take an L.A. Noire like with a lawyer turned vigilante. Seems p. cool.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hope they give current PC owners a free upgrade. Fat chance, I'm guessing.

Currently it's PS4 and Japan only.

I loved the game - the PC version was already and enhancement over the 360 version.

Its 100% planned for PC. No way SE pulling the game from Steam without planning to re-distribute it there.

No new content. Basically porting the PC version back for consoles.
Will there be any new content added to The Last Remnant Remastered?

Sakamoto: There is no new content. It includes all of the elements that were added when it was ported to the PC version. On top of that, we’ve enabled high-speed movement in the field. Also, we’ve increased the number of save data slots. I think both of these will be helpful during gameplay.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/1...he-original-and-remaster/#0oAqJZm44RdiZr4y.99

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/1...nspirations-behind-the-original-and-remaster/

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Makes no sense to pull the PC version, if the PS4 port is the same. But SE and making sense...

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Bunch of be old men making bad decisions. SE needs the next generation to take over.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Sometimes they did allow that (Yoshi and FF14).
If the put the game back on Steam as enhances version, I think previous owners will get a discount (they did that with other games they own), but I'm not sure if it's worth replaying because of just slightly better graphics. I can't even remember if there were limited safe slots on PC.
But I liked the game and the world was interesting - even with its shortcomings.

Hyperion

Arcane
Bunch of be old men making bad decisions. SE needs the next generation to take over.
It already has, Wada's retirement is one reason you're seeing games like Octopath made, and Scarlet Grace get translated. The fall of the AAA RPG has brought Japan back from obscurity.

Sacrificing Final Fantasy for a berth of lower budget JRPGs is well worth the trade. Dragon Quest XI has proven time and zeigeist have no effect on a classic, turn-based game.

Now if we can just Sakaguchi to stop surfing in Hawaii, and remaster Lost Odyssey for PC, and maybe make a game that isn't mobile we can REALLY get the ball rolling.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Removing the PC version "makes sense". The PS4 version is based off that. The PC version cost €10. This version will cost €20. I think it will be $40 in Japan. I'm sure will see this version on PC soon enough.

Deflowerer

Arcane
It won't be on UE3 though anymore, they're updating the engine.

The original PC port was fucking terrible in every way though, so if they can get a more optimized version out on Steam and aren't terribly crooked nose about it, it'll be okay.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cthulhu Mythos RPG -The Sleeping Girl of the Miasma Sea-, Japanse doujin Cthulhu RPG thing published by DLSite.com:

ss_a3eceeab14ef3dad6e74aee4a3ca223c3e8a9a68.600x338.jpg
ss_edca4cb487edafdf04fd05be78c0f4e117c79d76.600x338.jpg
ss_8799dfcf7d001a1804a77318338bdb0c77d52bad.600x338.jpg
ss_6401d38c19d3a1a709231e9721d20fcc15557480.600x338.jpg

getter77

Augur
That looks Sweet Home as all hell at a glance---coincidence has to be all but impossible at this level. Might be good regardless though.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Chinese bootleg Kantai Collection
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/compile-heart-and-felistella-announce-azur-lane-crosswave-for-ps4
Compile Heart and Felistella announce Azur Lane: Crosswave for PS4
"Advance naval battle RPG" based on the 2017-released mobile game.
Compile Heart and Felistella have announced “advance naval battle RPG” Azur Lane: Crosswave for PlayStation 4.
Azur Lane: Crosswave is based on the Chinese side-scrolling shoot ’em up RPG Azur Lane, which was first released for smartphones in May 2017. The game sees players fight enemies with a party of warships personified as beautiful girls. Azur Lane: Crosswave sees select characters reborn as 3D models on PlayStation 4 in a story different from the original game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Town is the name of the new turn-based RPG for Switch from Game Freak (the Pokemon developer):

Apparently this is not published by Nintendo, so... is Steam release possible?

On the other hand, Square Enix throwing bunch of Final Fantasy games:

DISCOVER THE LEGACY OF FINAL FANTASY ON THE LATEST GENERATION OF CONSOLES

SQUARE ENIX® today announced that several titles from the legendary FINAL FANTASY® series are coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM®.

From exploring the expansive world of Ivalice in FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®, to enjoying iconic scenes from FINAL FANTASY® VII, IX and X / X-2 HD Remaster, fans will soon be able to play hallmark FINAL FANTASY titles anytime and anywhere.

The fun starts with today’s release of FINAL FANTASY® XV POCKET EDITION HD for the Nintendo Switch, and the upcoming release of WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA on November 6th. The Chocobo’s Dungeon series also returns for the first time in ten years with Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!™ bound for release this winter. The remaining titles, including the return of co-op action RPG FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition, will release in 2019.

The full list of the announced FINAL FANTASY titles and platforms are available below:

NINTENDO SWITCH
  • FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition
  • Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!™
  • FINAL FANTASY® VII
  • FINAL FANTASY® IX
  • FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
  • FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
  • FINAL FANTASY® XV POCKET EDITION HD
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA
XBOX ONE
  • FINAL FANTASY® VII
  • FINAL FANTASY® IX
  • FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
  • FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
PLAYSTATION®4 SYSTEM
  • FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition
  • Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!™
PC
Further information on each title is available at: http://sqex.link/FFgames.

Why no Chocobo for PC?

World of Final Fantasy Maxima is enhanced edition of the original game, and existing owners can buy upgrade DLC.

Also last but definitely not least, the best roll-playing game is coming to PC (and Switch):

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom