Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ACE COMBAT 7 trailer (it looks fkn cool) + they're releasing new flight sticks

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

Take A Look At The Two Flight Sticks Announced For Ace Combat 7
By Alistair Wong . August 21, 2018 . 3:00pm

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/acecombat7stick2_thumb.jpg

Bandai Namco announced during Gamescom 2018 that Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is getting two special branded flight sticks, one by Thrustmaster and one by Hori. More details on both joysticks have now been revealed by the respective makers.

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/acecombat7stick_thumb.jpg

Here’s a description of the sticks by Thrustmaster:

Something new for the players.

That’s the goal of the new Thrustmaster joysticks.

The efficiency and ease of play offered by the T.Flight Hotas range of joysticks are news to nobody, but Thrustmaster is setting the bar even higher and aims to enhance the gameplay and the gaming experience even more.

The close collaboration with the game developers behind Ace Combat allows for a full integration of the Thrustmaster joysticks that is more obvious, more precise, and more fun than ever in this latest release from the Japanese publisher.

Although it is optimized for third-person view (seen from outside the plane), it is also a pleasure to use the T.Flight Hotas 4 Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown Edition in first-person mode (view from the cockpit) for more experienced pilots.

This release is a bonanza for fans of the franchise and other flight game players, and Thrustmaster has kept its whole community in mind when releasing the two versions of the joystick:

– T.Flight Hotas 4 (for PlayStation®4)

– T.Flight Hotas One (for Xbox One®)

This may go without saying, but it’s worth making perfectly clear: the T.Flight Hotas Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown Edition joysticks will be compatible with all of the other games for which earlier versions of the joystick are also compatible.

Hori Ace Combat 7 compatible flight stick for PlayStation 4

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/acecombat7stick2_thumb-1.jpg

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/acecombat7stick3_thumb.jpg

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/acecombat7stick4_thumb.jpg

A separate-type flight simulation joystick, with the right hand working the main stick, and the left hand controlling the throttle. The stick comes with a 3.5mm headset jack so players can experience better sound while playing the game. The main stick has a rumble feature, and you can change the sensitivity depending on your needs. Apart from the PlayStation 4, it can also be used for PS3 and PC.

The Ace Combat 7 compatible flight stick is currently priced at ¥19,980, and comes out on the same day as Ace Combat 7, January 18, 2019.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 18, 2019. It’ll release on PC on February 1, 2019.

Read more stories about Ace Combat 7 & PC & PlayStation 4 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/2...nounced-for-ace-combat-7/#AvlmeE3jikRGMlga.99

Tiospo

Learned
I liked Ace Combat a lot when it was at its best. It reminded me a lot of how I used to feel playing the old Wing Commander games. Actiony rather than simulation-y, and with a feeling that the missions were properly connected to the story.

The last couple haven’t really hit for me, but y’know I might be ready to give it another chance.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LOL, arcade flight "sims" don't require a HOTAS setup like that one, it's a waste of money. Good job Namco at baiting these people into buying a cheap plastic HOTAS which will probably crap out in a few months (weeks).

As for the game, I would play it if I had a console, because I'm a fighter jet nut. The only one I played was the Assault Horizon one, which I heard was the worst in the series. But I still enjoyed it so I suppose I would love the better ones. This new one looks cool.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm not sure what is so weird about what I said, the game systems across the entirety of the series have been stuck in the past, you still have the same fucking loadout of magic all-purpose missiles that are equally effective against air, ground, and naval targets, that make the game a mindless exercise of pressing fire when squares on your HUD align + one other weapon that in most missions have no other purpose than making you feel like you're not doing the above at best, at worst do the exact same thing but in a slightly more efficient manner for specific situations, like the multi AA.

J_C did you check out Project Wingman demo?

flyingjohn

Arcane
I'm not sure what is so weird about what I said, the game systems across the entirety of the series have been stuck in the past, you still have the same fucking loadout of magic all-purpose missiles that are equally effective against air, ground, and naval targets, that make the game a mindless exercise of pressing fire when squares on your HUD align + one other weapon that in most missions have no other purpose than making you feel like you're not doing the above at best, at worst do the exact same thing but in a slightly more efficient manner for specific situations, like the multi AA.

J_C did you check out Project Wingman demo?
Yeah no.
The difference between missiles is a lot more then damage.And the damage alone is a big difference in some cases.
Most differences in missiles is their targeting method which is big thing.
You have:
-Missiles that hit multiple targets at once
-Multiple range missiles
-Guided missiles that follow the target as long as you have lock on.
-Different sets of bombs

All of these things do add to some variety,oh and speed is a separate stat that helps a lot..Yes you have general purpose missiles,but they don't do a lot damage and just using them against most targets will get you low on the missile count.

As for pressing square when you get a lock on,hahahahah,no.
You see ace combat planes are generally more mobile then missiles,so unless your lock on is specifically on a target that is stationary and not turning.you ain't gonna hit anything.
The enemy will just turn away and dodge the missile.Unless you are using the long range missiles or the quick ones.
So you have to get in a good position instead of just pressing square when you get a lock on.

So is ace combat on the same level as older micrpose games,hell no.But it ain't on the low level of hawx,and other ubisoft arcade flight games.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
You see ace combat planes are generally more mobile then missiles,so unless your lock on is specifically on a target that is stationary and not turning.you ain't gonna hit anything.
Why do you lie? You realize I can just go and find hundreds of videos that prove this to be false, right?

wow
such mobility
much evasive maneuvers

And this is on ace difficulty.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Why do you lie? You realize I can just go and find hundreds of videos that prove this to be false, right?

wow
such mobility
much evasive maneuvers

And this is on ace difficulty.

1:16:45.
He misses the moment he got the lock on.
2:11:20
Misses again because the enemy moves away.

2:35

He doesn't just shoot the moment the enemy lights up,he starts moving so he can get behind him for a good shot.

All those examples you have shown one thing in common:
Just speeding through and catching the ones that are badly positioned,it is easy to do.In most other missions you have a lot of enemies who aren't just gonna try to play cat and mouse with you.
Also the second example contradicts you.He was waiting for the enemy to position itself before firing.You can see it int he beginning that the enemy is light up and he is not firing, i wonder why?

Gerrard

Arcane
If you fire missiles at a terrible angle they will miss? No shit?
I never said you just shoot the moment it lights up, stop putting words in my mouth.
2:11:20
Misses again because the enemy moves away.
And destroys it literally seconds later with second shot. Guess the AI ran out of moves.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How many laid off Phantom Pain writers from Konami were involved in making that trailer. Penal units, turning against your country, the full Kojima

Regardless game looks like it'll be incredibly good, and Thrustmaster sticks are the bomb as an aside, superb bang for buck

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Isn't the VR thing only for some special missions? Explains why the FOV is so terrible in the actual game.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The only Ace Combat game I played was Innocent Aces. Perhaps the most weeb game I've ever played, but damn if it wasn't a satisfying arcade dog fighter. Flight Sims certainly are an area where VR should be pushed, not that I play a lot of them.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thrustmaster is a silly name.

I bought their joystick to play Wing Commander 4, and it didn't work properly. Don't know why. I tried to fix it. Don't trust them no more.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'd be interested in the controller but the design is very :prosper:-ish. Does it really need that futuristic design and all those sticks and buttons coming out of it? Pure decline.

E1Kvcl8.jpg

keep it simples

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd be interested in the controller but the design is very :prosper:-ish. Does it really need that futuristic design and all those sticks and buttons coming out of it? Pure decline.

E1Kvcl8.jpg

keep it simples
You know, all these sticks and buttons are what make a good joystick. If you don't like it, might as well use this:
20180104_112011.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Sounds like it was written by a Chinese AI bot. Or is that how all people sound like on Twatter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom