Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

razvedchiki

Erudite
I started a new playthrough with clan quest mod and went to good old gimple for some easy xp,but now he is armed with a bloodied mace which has a 30 dmg and 7 melee requirement and was a bitch to kill(in vanilla i remember he was a pushover).also found that you can buy for 90 bucks a colt revolver from trips pawnshop that does 14 dmg.
Now im not into the "balance" thing but does it not brake the pace of the game if you can get such items straight out from your apartment?

vota DC

Augur
Starting firearm was really worthless in vanilla, so using them wasn't an option at all. The colt is too strong for Santa Monica, the second pistol would be enough. Imagine facing the new Gimble with the old revolver 38!

razvedchiki

Erudite
Well even if you went for firearms in vanilla you used unarmed for early fights until you got the anaconda.
Gimble was a bitch to kill until a random frenzy finished him off.i wonder what the mace will do on the blood guardian.

zool

Arcane
I started a new playthrough with clan quest mod and went to good old gimple for some easy xp,but now he is armed with a bloodied mace which has a 30 dmg and 7 melee requirement and was a bitch to kill(in vanilla i remember he was a pushover).also found that you can buy for 90 bucks a colt revolver from trips pawnshop that does 14 dmg.
Now im not into the "balance" thing but does it not brake the pace of the game if you can get such items straight out from your apartment?

Did you find which mod makes those changes? Last time I played with CQM (but once again that was several years ago), I seem to remember Gimble was still using the severed arm as a weapon.

razvedchiki

Erudite
the cathyan vamp also drops a dragons breath,trip doesnt sell ammo for it but still its a bit game breaking that early(with zero guns skill it does 44 dmg).
maybe it will get tougher later.

Prime Junta

If you're speccing in melee, it will get tougher later. Some of the late game enemies are pretty challenging if you can't into ranged combat. (Really easy if you do though, and have a flamethrower...)

razvedchiki

Erudite
i failed to mention that im a pure blood ventrue,with 5 in fortitude all will get on their knees and admire my superior bloodline.

my guns bruhaj commie will have to wait when the clan quest mod gets to version 4.0.

"If you're speccing in melee, it will get tougher later. Some of the late game enemies are pretty challenging if you can't into ranged combat. (Really easy if you do though, and have a flamethrower...)"

you are probably refering to vanilla,in quest clan with arsenal mod things are somewhat different.

hey Wesp5 ,what are the major differences of version 9.2 and 10.0 of your patch?

Wesp5

Arcane
hey Wesp5 ,what are the major differences of version 9.2 and 10.0 of your patch?

Too many fixes to mention, and many restored new maps: Malkavian Maze, Warrens Shortcut, Smoke Shop, Coffee Shop and Chateau Hotel. Also I added the museum entrance and the pier ending and shortcuts for all endgame maps and fear not, the first thing burgermeister will do after CQM 4.0 is out will be integrating the latest UP. If he hasn't updated yet...

i failed to mention that im a pure blood ventrue,with 5 in fortitude all will get on their knees and admire my superior bloodline.

Seriously. I played with fix mods + Camarilla Edition has a Ventrue and had no problems as melee. Untouchable. I chose Celerity as the bonus power. My play-through would have made Caine blush.

Prime Junta

Too many fixes to mention, and many restored new maps: Malkavian Maze, Warrens Shortcut, Smoke Shop, Coffee Shop and Chateau Hotel. Also I added the museum entrance and the pier ending and shortcuts for all endgame maps and fear not, the first thing burgermeister will do after CQM 4.0 is out will be integrating the latest UP. If he hasn't updated yet...

Damnit, looks like I'll have to play this ... again

How are you supposed to access the new restored maps? I take you're supposed to use the plus patch?

And by the way, did you remove the jeanette crying (I hope so) when you leave your house and you see mercurio getting inside his own apartment?

Wesp5

Arcane
How are you supposed to access the new restored maps? I take you're supposed to use the plus patch?

Yes, all these are plus patch features only as they were not in the original game and of course they are probably not exactly like Troika would have done them.

And by the way, did you remove the jeanette crying (I hope so) when you leave your house and you see mercurio getting inside his own apartment?

Jeanette crying when you leave your house? What is that supposed to be? A misplaced sound effect? I don't think I ever heard that before...

Unless I changed universe I live in, you were a tenous defender of the scene of jeanette crying while mercurio is going inside his own apartment.

Mercurio going inside his own apartment happens as soon as you begin a new game and your character leaves his home for the first time, right after the beggar scene

I rephrase, in the case I wasn't clear: Mercurio going inside his own apartment happens as soon as you begin a new game and you leave your house for the first time, so right after the beggar scene

vota DC

Augur
This is clearly a bug. Mercurio is white so he can't sing "No woman no cry" so Jeanette sound effect doesn't make any sense.

You wouldn't only hear her crying: you would see her crying in the fucking street right in front of the mercurio's house ladders while mercurio is going inside his own apartment wounded.

The cherry on top of this is that jeanette would disappear as soon as you took control of your own character after the cutscene. Am I enough clear?

If you didn’t understand, that’s a good thing actually because it means that wesp changed idea about this stuff.

Wesp5

Arcane
You wouldn't only hear her crying: you would see her crying in the fucking street right in front of the mercurio's house ladders while mercurio is going inside his own apartment wounded.

Man, that must have been so long ago, I can hardly remember it! It is long gone and as this was the restoration attempt of an unused animation and sequence found in the map I have now restored it to a female witness of the pier murder near the closed up pier entrance where it makes much more sense and doesn't affect a main character.

Last edited:
Good. Today I will start a new playthrough of bloodlines with your plus patch. YEEEEE

But to be honest I also want to use Tessera's patch for the first time... I will think about it.

Edit: by the way, what made you change idea about Jeanette? I tried to talk to you out of it but I couldn't convince you. That's why I remember this so vividly. :p

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
Edit: by the way, what made you change idea about Jeanette? I tried to talk to you out of it but I couldn't convince you.

Maybe you convinced me after all, or at least sowed enough doubt in me to keep thinking about the issue :). The problem was the map mentions a cut sequence called "jenny_cries" and my first instinct was that this Jenny could be Jeanette and the only situation where it would fit would be Mercurio. But then it occurred to me that Jeanette is never called Jenny anywhere and this could be someone else, so I placed a crying girl at the pier entrance in the vicinity of the cops there. Maybe she was the first person who found the dead guy on the pier...

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Started this shit again. Want to play celerity fueled torrie with a shotgun, because i never tried the ranged combat focus.
Anyway, returning from satisfying shotgun riding in the warehouse to enjoy a pleasurable talk with Tung about vampire shit soaked in his dry sense of humor (have forgotten most of it tbh so it's like hearing all of this for the first time), but there's this niggling sound in the background constantly interfering with what he says. Then i get it. It's the end is nigh guy. Well, he was always kinda annoying, but this time for some reason i really got kinda angry with his rambling in otherwise soothing ambiance of night city.
Solution: human(ity) scarification. Now the end is not nigh anymore. It's here. Rip old bro.

bGsXNIS.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom