Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Played beta for a while, i dont like it for now. Im going back to BF4 and BF3.
If I get in the mood to play BF I'll go and play Bad Company 2.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Is this true that when the E3 trailer backlash happened, there were only customization menu ready? Nothing strongly indicating to it but the rotterdam map resues building meshes from Battlefield 1. And the other snowy map just looks poorly designed. Also, is it just me or the shooting part completely lost its punch and recoil barely exists now?

CreamyBlood

Arcane

'42 was the best. I forgot about that map but it was great, I spent hours and hours in it. It also often took you longer than 15 minutes walk across it, if you could because of others walking towards you and killing you. You really needed a vehicle to to get anything of use done and there were lots of them. Great times. I think he's right, people just don't know how fun games actually were. I'd love to play a 'graphically updated' 1942. Not the shit they've released like the wake island crap with destructable buildings or the other 'interim' console garbage, not the slow and buggy BF2, not the 2042, or 3 or skipped the rest. Just the fun and hilarity and often strategic and epic 1942.

They won't do it. They can't because the idiots making games these days don't know what games are or what fun is. If they made a game like 1942, without the upgrades and customization and 'progression' and microtransactions and just left it to classes and let people drive aircraft carriers into islands and dive bomb buildings and tanks and have fun without all of the stupid, funneled crap, they might make some money.

But maybe not, probably too complicated letting men have fun being children for a few hours a night these days. I'd pay a hundred bucks for that, just to capture those moments again. But not anymore, we've been proven wrong over and over for the last decade or so. No fun allowed.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
oNh8YKp.jpg

Y8iHl7Z.jpg

mGK8Drz.jpg

IoZZew8.jpg

jb0LP0H.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
"DLC" is censored, "free DLC" is not. Apparently "titanfall", "eat salad", "nazi", "hitler", "lag", "nuts", and "laggy" are censored too. This is ridiculous.
Angry Jose is retarded but

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

funkadelik

Arcane
As much as I hate the SJW and CoD pandering, the main reason I am not getting BFV is because BF1 was fucking trash. Currently playing Insurgency Sandstorm and Rising Storm 2:Vietnam.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Why they can't just let history be history, as it was. If you want to portray history, then make it as it was and not totally imagined. I dont want to play british game about conquest of Africa, where Shaka Zulu is a white man, or i dont want to play a game as a black nordic viking, pilllaging the shores of Mercia. This guy gets this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxC9gs3eeXE

Ive played beta, and its really really bad. I dont think any amount of patching will help this game whatsoever. Its rotten at its core.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After this bombs horribly EA will take DICE behind the barn and shoot it. Of course this won't happen, but a man can dream.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom