Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best game ever

SymbolicFrank

Magister
The best game ever is still Deus Ex. I have a top-10 that will probably satisfy most rpgcodexians, although Fallout Tactics is higher on my list than F1 and 2. And yes, Planescape: Torment sits on the second place: it's just not as fun to replay as Deus Ex.

Ok. :D

1. How do I get a real successor to Deus Ex while I haven't got the money to make it myself? Email Warren?

2. As the third place has to be divided between Morrowind, Fallout: Tactics, Baldur's Gate 2, Stalker, System Shock 2, X-COM, games like Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm, probably the NOLF's and a lot of others depending on what I have been playing recently, it is a crowded place that changes often. A top-10 makes it neater, but not more stable.

3. I like many games, but the successors to Deus Ex, like DX:HR and Alpha Protocol are at most "ok" games. They suck.

4. Am I getting old? I really don't see the point of online FPSes, or the top-down games where everything is obscured by the excessive damage numbers floating around.

5. DIY: Yes, please! But... where do I get the money? And I did try multiple times.

6. Fuck me, I'm getting old, nobody feels that way or cares!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
although Fallout Tactics is higher on my list than F1 and 2
198386d1def5ab372ee413f51e884a1e.png

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Best games ever are the ones that are so much fun, you can visit them again and again and they still entice you. Naturally, this makes the term a bit subjective, because there are crazies out there who want to play trash-ridden cRPGs *cough* IE games *cough* over and over. But, I agree that Deus Ex somehow is fantastic for me as well. Other games I absolutely love are Thief, MoTB and Arcanum.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Master of Orion 1, maybe.
It's that rare strategy game where, unlike Civ and that family of games, you have no idea how the next game will progress, making it very replayable (if you have the time).

Last edited:

Mustawd

Best games ever are the ones that are so much fun, you can visit them again and again and they still entice you. Naturally, this makes the term a bit subjective, because there are crazies out there who want to play trash-ridden cRPGs *cough* IE games *cough* over and over. But, I agree that Deus Ex somehow is fantastic for me as well. Other games I absolutely love are Thief, MoTB and Arcanum.

This guy gets it.

Master

Arbiter
Probably Jagged Alliance 2 or Space Rangers 2. DX is great but only if modded while JA2 and SR2 dont require any mods. Dont know why but i dont accept mods as part of the game, even if they make it way better. I guess im a purist.

Tiospo

Learned
Don't have 'one' favorite game. Too many that I enjoy in equal fondness. I like gaming too much to limit my options to a single game

Ninjerk

Arcane
Decide what Deus Ex did right for you and sacrifice your free time to make a smaller game that reflects those principles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom