Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

flyingjohn

Arcane

Warning people who like having fun will be triggered.

Misco Jones

Savant

Done!

yakuza-ishin-21-02-14gyfbz.gif

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Bros, the Yakuza devs will reveal a new IP next month:

Sega is set to announce a new IP from Yakuza devs next month
2018-08-28 20:30:00by Peter Glagowski

The possibilities are endless

In a live stream event today, Sega's CCO Toshihiro Nagoshi revealed that Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios (famous for the Yakuza series) will be revealing a brand new IP next month. With the studio's latest game, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, being heavily based on the Yakuza series' gameplay, Nagoshi stressed that this will be an entirely different project with no ties to older games (which rules out a Binary Domain 2, dammit).

Nagoshi stated that the idea for this new series has been in various stages of development for the last three years. Everyone is excited to show off more in September, which will likely be happening at the Tokyo Game Show. That event will run from September 19 to September 23, so you better believe I will be tuned into everything to get a glimpse of Ryu Ga Gotoku's future.

:bounce:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Okay, the local ally substories being short is an exception. Other substories are as normal, albeit with a little less production value than in 6 since they aren't voice-acted. Also Yuki-chan is now the moe-est owner in addition to moe-est hostess.

The modeling substory was quite amusing.

ColCol

Arcane
So, I loved Yakuza 1. Great game. This is worth checking out? What about the other ones?

Deflowerer

Arcane
So, I loved Yakuza 1. Great game. This is worth checking out? What about the other ones?

If you're talking about the first PS2 one, then pretty much every game after it is superior to it. So you're in for a treat.

Deflowerer

Arcane

If you're talking about the first PS2 one, then pretty much every game after it is superior to it. So you're in for a treat.

Don't hate on ps2 yakuza.

Nah, on the contrary. Yakuza 1 on PS2 ignited my love for the series back in the day. Just saying that it's at this point clearly the worst product in the series, although still great on its own (and as far as the story is concerned, superior to Yak4 and Yak5).

Vaarna_Aarne

More time has been clocked into Kiwami 2, and tigers have been dropped. There's certainly a lot to do, I have yet to even start at the cabaret minigame and redux of Clan Creator (which by the introductory stage feels like a big improvement over the bare bones simple way it worked in Yakuza 6).

Hardest thing so far has been the mahjong substory (until I figured out how I even use the "win" cheat tile item) and Haruka being extremely demanding in regards to golf aptitude.

Somebody come play Mahjong for me.

Watch Akagi for tips on how to play like a pro. :lol:

I recommend this guide in case you actually care about getting into the minigame proper.
Too bad I only read Legend of Koizumi. That's not very helpful at all for understanding mahjong, since they only cheat in Legend of Koizumi.

Vaarna_Aarne

Now that I'm around towards the end of the story (ended up backtracking a little in saves due to Granny's Request 3; I very much recommend not proceeding the story after you get to walk around with Haruka until after you get that; you need to take a taxi to Kamurocho in order to get it tho, and the last two Kamurocho substories require Haruka to be along anyway), I figured I'd first clear the three major minigames.

For one, the Bouncer missions list is pretty huge actually, I shelved my original idea of 100%ing it just because of how many of them are still left to go after you clear the main path.

The new iteration of Clan Creator is a lot of fun. The change of focus to commanding units instead of spawning a horde really helps it. It also throws some nice little curveballs to the basic tower defense esque setup the further you go.

Jinn

Arcane
Looks awesome! Some of the detective and investigation gameplay looks like a lot of fun.

sullynathan

Arcane
these guys just keep making the same game but I can't deny the hyper realistic art style, it looks really good and the combat here looks even more wacky than Yakuza.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom