Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would name the ship Perditum which comes from latin word for lost.

For a title you can use just Perditum, or some variations like "Call of Perditum" or "Scream of Perditum".

BGMD

Learned
Forgotten In Space
Destination: Proxima Centauri
World Beyond Reach

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Someone here suggested Generation, that was pretty good.

For search engine optimisation, 10th Generation could be an option, while also evoking biblical lore and how after a few generations people inevitably fuck shit up for everyone. That's the plot of the game right there.

10th Generation (or whatever the player's generation is) would be a great name, my favorite so far.

Longshanks

Augur
Similar vein to TNW
Second Paradise
A New Earth

Slight modification of another suggestion
Adrift Between Two Stars

The Forever Ship
1.3 Parsecs to Proxima
A Ship to Build a Dream on
For Ever and Ever
Forever Drifting
Ship of Eternity

Got bored and left

If you'll indulge my pretentiousness for a minute:

The Pilgrims are Dead

I was thinking about The Valley of the Shadow of Death for that xtreme Bible flavour, but that's probably way too long.

Yes, I know they suck :dealwithit:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
1.3 Parsecs to Proxima
I was thinking along those lines too, but instead of a parsec I would use miles, so "25 trillion miles of space travel" (I'm rounding up not down because who is to say they would go in a perfect straight line, it's very unlikely in fact). Or you could go with kilometers so "40 trillion miles of space travel". It's an obvious reference to
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many rounds of voting are you planning to do, Vincent?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you really like The New World, why not just call it Mundus Novus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom