Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Shadenuat

Arcane
You mean like a real lesbian woman.

Gerrard

Arcane
zbAgpB8.png

>stackable currency
:hearnoevil:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finished Act 10 Kitava with 2500 hp and err capped Fire resist & pretty decent Chaos resist (around 20% actually, from weird gear drops). Had to switch resist chest to Carcass Jack to increase dps which strangely increased survivability. Initially died 777 times, but during later stages I figured out I can stand on a little ledge right near its face and, surprisingly, leech4win and only dodge flame attack.

But I still died at least twice after anyway. Things I did not understand:
- Regular flame attack is easy enough, just teleport to an opposite direction of attack, since it only covers about 60 degrees. But what about flame breath that covers, well, everything? A few times I managed to somehow avoid it by standing in completely opposite direction, and then teleporting whole level to other side and catching flames already dying out. That + healthpot was alright but it did not work all the time.
- The strange purple explosion. It just seemed completely random to me. Sometimes I even either dodged it or tanked it. But sometimes it 1-shotted me. My guess it overlapped with some other attacks.
- Minions are kinda tough aren't they? I could smash any other pack in Act 10 but I had to blitz from side to side of them to leech and heal and it took a long time to deal with them. Standing just in the crowd of them killed me.

Everything else - hand grabs, eye lazor, red explosion rain - did not hit me or was tanked while I was leeching boss right in front of its head.

Oh I also got my first EX before that in some bone crypt, but since I'm ssf I guess it doesn't matter much. Will throw it away on some ~75ish level claw.

Cleared my first mapo. Resists&HP are bad but clearing speed is there which is most important. The grind begins :shittydog:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finished Act 10 Kitava with 2500 hp and err capped Fire resist & pretty decent Chaos resist (around 20% actually, from weird gear drops). Had to switch resist chest to Carcass Jack to increase dps which strangely increased survivability. Initially died 777 times, but during later stages I figured out I can stand on a little ledge right near its face and, surprisingly, leech4win and only dodge flame attack.

- Regular flame attack is easy enough, just teleport to an opposite direction of attack, since it only covers about 60 degrees. But what about flame breath that covers, well, everything? A few times I managed to somehow avoid it by standing in completely opposite direction, and then teleporting whole level to other side and catching flames already dying out. That + healthpot was alright but it did not work all the time.
- The strange purple explosion. It just seemed completely random to me. Sometimes I even either dodged it or tanked it. But sometimes it 1-shotted me. My guess it overlapped with some other attacks.
- Minions are kinda tough aren't they? I could smash any other pack in Act 10 but I had to blitz from side to side of them to leech and heal and it took a long time to deal with them. Standing just in the crowd of them killed me.

Everything else - hand grabs, eye lazor, red explosion rain - did not hit me or was tanked while I was leeching boss right in front of its head.

Oh I also got my first EX before that in some bone crypt, but since I'm ssf I guess it doesn't matter much. Will throw it away on some ~75ish level claw.

Cleared my first mapo. Resists&HP are bad but clearing speed is there which is most important. The grind begins :shittydog:
2500 HP is not enough for that fight unless you enjoy dying a lot. It is also not enough for maps unless you are some kind of OP archer that clears enemies off screen.
You need 4000 HP (in any combination of HP, ES and Mana if you are using MoM). And that needs to go up to between 6000 and 7000 to be able to clear all level of maps without dying all the time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You need 4000 HP (in any combination of HP, ES and Mana if you are using MoM). And that needs to go up to between 6000 and 7000 to be able to clear all level of maps without dying all the time.
Yeah I am not marauder I can't click on anything and get hp. Neither it is possible to get enough hp without actual decent gear. Mapos is where I've grown my other characters from low hp to good hp. I already ran a few Beaches and am at 3100 hp and capped, and topped, my resists, and rolled a claw with +146% phys damage :shittydog:
Now I need to roll another one, because gear is holding melee character back incredibly, and it feels really bad compared to various autistic arrows out there.

Btw since you're all very smart bois :shittydog: can u explain me how melees and weapon users push their DPS up? Since we mainly pick defence and hp, and there is only so much scaling can be done with weapons, is it all just gear gear gear? Like rings +phys damage, or gear that gives +% extra damage as phys/elemental? (note that I am purely physical damage well except Hatred since I see no alternative to that aura)

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah I am not marauder I can't click on anything and get hp. Neither it is possible to get enough hp without actual decent gear. Mapos is where I've grown my other characters from low hp to good hp. I already ran a few Beaches and am at 3100 hp and capped, and topped, my resists, and rolled a claw with +146% phys damage :shittydog:
Now I need to roll another one, because gear is holding melee character back incredibly, and it feels really bad compared to various autistic arrows out there.

Btw since you're all very smart bois :shittydog: can u explain me how melees and weapon users push their DPS up? Since we mainly pick defence and hp, and there is only so much scaling can be done with weapons, is it all just gear gear gear? Like rings +phys damage, or gear that gives +% extra damage as phys/elemental? (note that I am purely physical damage well except Hatred since I see no alternative to that aura)
Yea, you need Steel rings with Weapon Elemental Damage (and get WED wherever you can) and physical damage to attacks mods. You carry a stat stick in your off hand (if you are using a main hand only weapon skill), you pick ascendancy that gives more damage to attacks in one way or another. You do critical hits weapon character unless your weapon has some special trick like Ngahamu Flame axe. You also use Herald of Ash and you can get some nice bonuses on shaper/elder rares. Also Ancestral Warchief totem, make it a 4L and let it assist you with DPS vs high HP single targets.
And you use potions like Atziri's Promise and others that give bonus damage based on your physical damage.

Got my first character to 85 (in this league) and stopped for now, ran a dom blow guardian with as much summons as I could get. The usual number was around 40 bros running around (excluding vaal skellies). Got to t10 maps without any problems and investments (didn't bother getting any relevant gear or flasks, whole getup cost me about 10c), but things get trickier from that point on and i'm just kind of done with the build anyway. Besides I feel like Necro would be way better for late game, in terms of damage at least.

Got some funky ideas for minion builds though, like poison stacking build (since you get about 15 dudes with ridiculous attack speed from properly supported dom blow) or Consecrated Path / Raise Spectre chieftain nonsense, JUMPING AROUND WITH THE BOIS. Anyhow, will probably end up getting an arc totem feller for the time being and finish up challenges before taking a break and coming back to experiment around the time Flashback hits, more time to come up with something fun as well.

T. Reich

Arcane
The former makes your (non-instant) life/mana (the mod should actually specify) flasks heal you faster.
Only useful if you rely on non-instant life/mana flasks for sustain.
Which would make you a noob.

The latter makes all of your flask regain charges faster (from all sources of flask charge gain).
Which is very valuable if you know how to manage utility flasks for great justice.
Which would make you a pro.

Sykar

Arcane

Yeah Kitava fight is the suckiest most retarded piece of shit encounter during the main story line by far. Not only does he hit hard as do his heralds and cover a lot of screen he also summons crap ton of monsters which can kill you in seconds as well and the special herald has as much HP as a mini boss. I breezed through the story on my Vaal Lightning Call Inquisitor but this fight was grating a lot on my nerves with all the bullshit going on. Kitava is probably more in line with a T10+ boss than a sensible fight. I feel sorry for beginners in HC having to face him since without killing him they cannot do maps. This utterly ridiculous piece of shit is probably best handled by letting someone just rush you through it especially on HC.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah Kitava fight is the suckiest most retarded piece of shit encounter during the main story line by far. Not only does he hit hard as do his heralds and cover a lot of screen he also summons crap ton of monsters which can kill you in seconds as well and the special herald has as much HP as a mini boss. I breezed through the story on my Vaal Lightning Call Inquisitor but this fight was grating a lot on my nerves with all the bullshit going on. Kitava is probably more in line with a T10+ boss than a sensible fight. I feel sorry for beginners in HC having to face him since without killing him they cannot do maps. This utterly ridiculous piece of shit is probably best handled by letting someone just rush you through it especially on HC.
Heresy.

Kitava ain't that bad, just pop a bunch of town portals. The minions are flask charges(and regular charges if you use em) for you, and most of kitavas attacks are very well telegraphed so you can dodge. I guess he's way worse as melee though, since the degen is nasty, and covers like half the area where a melee character could stand.

Perkel

Arcane
Problem with kitava is that he is only boss in the game that actually require you to move. All other bosses were downgraded as fuck so their attacks mostly don't matter anymore and you can face tank most of them.
Remember when they introduced beast boss battle ? It was basically like Kitava now. If you ended up taking hits from his attacks you would die.

Imho unless they will decouple movement from mouse they shouldn't implement movement based battles.
They could do it if character movement would be instead tied to analog/wasd. This would make game more technical and would reduce pot spam.

Sykar

Arcane
Problem with kitava is that he is only boss in the game that actually require you to move. All other bosses were downgraded as fuck so their attacks mostly don't matter anymore and you can face tank most of them.
Remember when they introduced beast boss battle ? It was basically like Kitava now. If you ended up taking hits from his attacks you would die.

Imho unless they will decouple movement from mouse they shouldn't implement movement based battles.
They could do it if character movement would be instead tied to analog/wasd. This would make game more technical and would reduce pot spam.

The problem is that there is no respite. When his heart drops out of his chest you get swarmed and during the main phases not only do you have to deal with his attacks but also several hard hitting summons which are ENDLESS and if there is one thing I utterly loathe as lazy and cheap encounter design it is endless respawns.

abija

Prophet
Unless you know for a fact your build will pick up in damage or it has some particularity that makes it terrible at kitava, what you describe there is just letting you know your build is bad.

AMG

Arbiter
Bring defensive flasks for kitava, they make heart phase a lot easier. Use crab pantheon to not get stunlocked. Rest of attacks can be dodged.

AMG

Arbiter
New players shouldn't be playing HC in the first place.
There is nothing cheap or lazy about it, all attacks are properly telegraphed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom