Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SureAI's new project: Enderal - The Shards of Order (Mostly about Enderal SE now)

Arnust

Savant
This is seconding that recently they were looking for someone to work with to make trailers for the upcoming content.

Arnust

Savant
How many references are in this game to Nehrim?
I haven't played it so I could probably not realize the more subtle ones, but you are a Nehrimese yourself and start the game fleeing from there, and they play a major role in the main story. It's hardly ignored, I'd say.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So they want money for it? Would be deserved, since it's pretty good, but is Bethesda the publisher?

It is free and "published" by the mod team.

There have been many mods released as separated apps (but most still require the base games) on Steam, not to mention those based on Valve games. But I think this is the first for a Bethesda game AFAIK.

Curratum

This is great news. I played Enderal some 20 hours before I lost my HDD and my saves with it and never restarted. Game was obviously hugely superior to Skyrim, though that's not saying much and not much of a feat, but it was a very enjoyable fantasy romp at any rate.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Make sure to download http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78118/? and the recommended mods it lists. Then add +X carry weight through console to fit your taste, this is the fun way IMO. Vanilla shit is way broken (Alchemy, Enchanting etc useless), the overhaul fixes all that and adds a ton of cool content.

With above, can confirm this game is exploration heaven with some fun gameplay to boot.

That seems like it changes Enderal back to Skyrim. Why would anyone want to do that?

Arnust

Savant
So they want money for it? Would be deserved, since it's pretty good, but is Bethesda the publisher?

It is free and "published" by the mod team.

There have been many mods released as separated apps (but most still require the base games) on Steam, not to mention those based on Valve games. But I think this is the first for a Bethesda game AFAIK.
Technically for Skyrim itself there's the Skyrim Script Extender as a separate app already, I guess.

SureAI is kinda weird. They very well might be a proper studio and have a lot of TC's under their belt (a respective for each TES since Morrowind) and can certainly manage themselves, and have about as much production value a non oficially endorsed mod can, but seemingly the active workforce fizzles out at the end of projects leaving like three dudes behind. Then again, this is basically it for most games, AAA or not.

Honestly I think the idea was to get it to the Workshop, but because of how it works this was the only way.

LizardWizard

Cipher
So the expansion that was promised is finally dropping as well.

We will update every installation package on NexusMods, ModDB, etc, so the current installation method will still be available. At some point in the future we will only support the Steam version of Enderal, so we recommend to use it from the beginning.

:decline:

FUCK please don't make me buy Skyrim

Arnust

Savant
So the expansion that was promised is finally dropping as well.

We will update every installation package on NexusMods, ModDB, etc, so the current installation method will still be available. At some point in the future we will only support the Steam version of Enderal, so we recommend to use it from the beginning.

:decline:

FUCK please don't make me buy Skyrim
How did you manage to not get 2011 skyrim sometime until it was delisted

Show me your ways

Dodo1610

Arcane
Already played through it at release and it's really good for a mod. But the story is truly something else, it's really dark and full of twist and turns. In my opinion it's one of the best stories in any RPG to date. Sadly the open worlds feels a bit empty at times and there is only 1 big city which is so much bigger then anything Beth has made. The soundtrack is also really impressive for a mod track like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TxhzdgrA0 or two souls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TxhzdgrA0 have burned ito my brain. Anyway I am really excited about the addon with the new content especially since the writer said that it will answer some of the unanswered questions I still have about the plot.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
The mod is great, and I had a lot of fun playing what I did of it when it was initially released. The SureAI team were clearly very inspired by the likes of Gothic, and it comes through in their open world approach which instantly endears them to me. Skyrim combat is the major drawback, but it is evened out by more challenging and well thought out encounter design that consistently offers challenge, and meaningful progression (IE no level scaling, as far as I'm aware). I'm both embarrassed and glad to say that I stopped playing it upon reaching the main city because I couldn't play it without my logged Skyrim hours on steam going up, which my vanity just couldn't handle :oops:. Really glad about this independent release and looking forward to playing the whole thing through this time + the amazing looking expansion.

Loostreaks

Learned
The mod was ok...nothing outstanding outside of music, does it's share of hits and misses. Story was mix of "Mass Effect meets Cthulhu", better than Bethesda's-but that's not a high mark. World was more diverse, in ambiance and landscapes, but also more empty, with worse dungeons ( outside of those part in main story). Levelling system was retarded: run back'n'forth and buy books to increase each skill, for every level...they should've kept original system and only used this for crafting.
Outside of this, you're hacking the same reskinned enemies as in Skyrim, characters and quests similar to Interesting Npcs mod: more effort put into characterization and background, even if characters/dialogue/presentation/quest complexity falls flat.
Tbh, Beyond Reach is by far the best of this type of content for TES.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Out now, download is ~12GB.

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) by Ian Patterson, Stephen Abel and Paul Connelly
SkyUI by Sebastian Jeckel (Schlangster), Mardoxx and Psychosteve
OneTweak by virusek
Crash fixes by Meh321
ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU and the xEdit Team
NifSkope by NifTools
NifMerge by Turulo
ChunkMerge by skyfox69
FNIS by Fore
Unfuzer by greentea101
Papyrus Util by exiledviper, meh321, milzschnitte
UIExtensions by expired6978
Mfg Console by kapaer
JContainers by silvericed

Several animation mods by bergzore
Font Replacement by GeeGee
Naked Bodies by Caliente
Clocks by Insanity
Hairstyles by Apachi
Mirrored Statues by McManus82
Spring Flowers by Elinen
Hay Bales by Insanity Sorrow
Rockinghorses by Tamira
Paralaxx mods by Osmodius
Ultimate HD Fire by BuzzDee84
Orphan Clothes by Timmy19992
Journeyman Armor by EcthelionOtW
Fur Bag - Backpack by TreasureChest
Mage Backpack by Tumbajamba
Travel BackPack by FrankDema
Knightly armory by xxxNeoxxx
No Poison Dialogues by Mardoxx
Hammerfell Armoury by farinelli
HD Furniture and Barrels by Quazaque
Several creatures by Vicn
Attire Pack by Grace Darkling
Female Witcher 2 GUA armor by zzjay
Several armors by TH3WICK3D1
Tavern Games by Gilles "Sagittarius" Muller
Blades and leather armor by atomec
Caves Deluxe High Res by Hectrol
Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs by Mystikhybrid
HD Misc by calfy
Dwemer goggles by volvag0
New creatues by IronMan5000
Water texture replacer by isoku
New weapon and magic sounds (Skyrim Audio overhaul) by lazyskeever
Dog retexture by LoganFarlane
Invisible Eyes glitch fix by bellwood2206
Modders Ressource Pack by Oaristys & Tony 67
Wanderers Cuirass by FrankDema & Cabal120
Several armors by maty743
Book Piles by Chesko
Shields of Jorrvaskr by hothtrooper44
Pride of Skyrim (Lions and tropical animals) - FrankTheFish, Bellyache, Targaryen, Tumbajamba, TreasureChest, DVAted, Muppetpuppet
Toys by Jacknifelee
Several trees by Ga-Knomboe Boy
Diverse armors by Hothtrooper44
Fire arrows by SilverfeetStudio
Spellsword Cuirass by Billyro
Armor compilation by OmegaRed99
Water Plants by Ztree & Elinen
TESA Clutter Kit by various artists
Diverse Flora objects by Vurt
True Elk of Skyrim (TEOS) by Impulseman45
Tree Textures by TeamXoio
Blood Textures by DDefinder1
Apocalypse Spells by EnaiSiaion
Pipe Smoking Animation by MadNuttah
Market stand, New Castle, Craftsman tools, cannons by stroti
Palms and plants by Yughues/Tamira
Food Containers by Blary
Forest Throne by Ashenfire
Goat and cow textures by YoureNotSupposedToBeInHere
Contractor Armor by Zerofrost
Grasses and Canyon Textures by Soolie
Diverse flora models by Soolie
Witcher Models by AlphaWolF
Dog textures by Loganfarlane
Goats and Cows by Yourenotsupposedtobeinhere
Monster Sounds by Nornalbian
Cartography Brushes by Schwarzkreuz
Enhanced Blood Textures by dDefinder1
Bloodthorn Replacer by Kettle Witch
Ducks and Swans by Tamira/Kaizit/Stesha
SG Hair Pack by Hello Santa
Credo Medieval Armors (Witcher5688, Luddeman, TheMedievalKnights)
Individualized Shout Cooldowns by ShadauxCat (Base script)
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch by the Unofficial Patch Project Team (some script fixes)
Alternate 1h Power Attack Animation by mofomofu372
Level-Up With Attributes Display by ravenscans, ANaJ
1st Person Candlelight Fix by Savaas
Enderal - Simple Fixes by ravenscans
Face Masks of Skyrim by volvaga0
Bandanas of Skyrim by volvaga0
Morrowind Armor - Netch Leather by THusky
Blacksmith Workbench Old Wood by renthal311
Belt-fastened Quivers by Chesko and Ninivekha
FURtastic - Werebear Texture Overhaul by KnErBSE73
HD Werewolves by KrittaKitty
Volkihar Knight - Vampire Armor by Yamanotaka
Liam's Necromancy Staff Resource by LWatson95
The Warded Man - RaceMenu Tattoo Plugin by Jedininjafuq
Extensible Follower Framework by expired6978
Expressive Facial Animation by Niroku
Werewolf Sound Overhaul by NSJones
Savior's Pants by Sam04956

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Integrated mods? As in, those are already in the mod?

Yeah just in case anyone was wondering if they'd need to install necessities such as SkyUI - it's all there already so you can just start playing right away. Steam Workshop does already have some separate mods too though such as the aforementioned Gameplay Overhaul.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I installed it and was kinda surprised that in the first area in the garden my framerate tanks to 40s. I guess it is just the piece of shit engine not handling the stuff they put into it. The atmosphere and the intro scene gave me chills though. I definitely look forward to playing this sometime this year.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I installed it and was kinda surprised that in the first area in the garden my framerate tanks to 40s. I guess it is just the piece of shit engine not handling the stuff they put into it. The atmosphere and the intro scene gave me chills though. I definitely look forward to playing this sometime this year.

For whatever reason they decided to leave FixLag=true in enblocal.ini (in the main install folder), change it to false. Ultra values for external shadows are also very performance-hungry in Enderal, you can easily halve it without any meaningful difference in eye candy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom