Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal Video

Quantomas

Savant

You can say what you want, but Angry Joe knows how to engage his audience.

Actually, you see more things in the game listening to his reactions. Best viewed on full screen.

Plus, his analysis at the end is remarkably astute and hits the right marks.

From the Youtube comments:

Calder Lane
1 day ago
To those saying "generic no feature fps" or "it's been done before" let's think about what made Witcher 3 so great. Storytelling, the "living" world, emotional characters, compelling side quests, players actions making concrete differences in the game, etc. W3 combat is not the best. W3 magic is not the best. W3 alchemy is not the best. W3 crafting is pretty Good, but other games have done it better... yet W3 is one of the best games of the decade. The reason we are so hyped for CP2077 is the assumption that those things that made W3 amazing will be present in this other world. CDPR games dont need flashy features or best in class systems to be the best. I can only hope, and from what's been shown assume that will be the case here

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet
Fallout 3 was worse than Fallout 4. Fallout 3 has only the appearance of C&C, while Fallout 4 is at least honest concerning this. But to be honest i play Fallout 4 not like an RPG, but more like a Base Building Sims, where i shit on the story and RPG elements despite my affinity with the institute.
Nevertheless in my opinion his criticism about the criticism towards CP77 is correct and i have also already defended CP77 against 3 of this "invalid" points of criticism.

I've said it before, I hate Fallout 3 and if someone is going to entirely ignore New Vegas for some reason (and there are idiots who do), then play Fallout 4 over F3. At least F4 has better combat, proper crafting (which I liked) and that base building thing going on, not even pretending to be an RPG (it's like FarCry now, shooter with RPG elements). F3 was just a miserable pile of turd.

That said, not sure how you can play Fallout 4 like a base building sim. I would create small knee length cheap fences and place chaingun turrets all around the place. Those fences would completely stop every enemy, including Deathclaw's from attacking everyone. I had a lot of moments where whole settlement armed with shotguns would take down a Deathclaw who couldn't jump over a fence that didn't even reach his knees.

Anyway, I doubt it CD Project is as incompetent as Bethesda and their games have never crashed or bugged out for me. So I expect Cyberpunk to be a competent RPG, but a terrible bullet sponge shooter. I am OK with it. I enjoyed all Pirahna Byte games and never really complained about combat in those games. Even DeusEx when it was released, had reviewers down-rating it cause of terrible combat (seriously, that game was only a hit in Europe while Americans didn't really care for it much back then).

Darkzone

Arcane
Fallout 3 was worse than Fallout 4. Fallout 3 has only the appearance of C&C, while Fallout 4 is at least honest concerning this. But to be honest i play Fallout 4 not like an RPG, but more like a Base Building Sims, where i shit on the story and RPG elements despite my affinity with the institute.
Nevertheless in my opinion his criticism about the criticism towards CP77 is correct and i have also already defended CP77 against 3 of this "invalid" points of criticism.
I've said it before, I hate Fallout 3 and if someone is going to entirely ignore New Vegas for some reason (and there are idiots who do), then play Fallout 4 over F3. At least F4 has better combat, proper crafting (which I liked) and that base building thing going on, not even pretending to be an RPG (it's like FarCry now, shooter with RPG elements). F3 was just a miserable pile of turd.
Agree.

That said, not sure how you can play Fallout 4 like a base building sim. I would create small knee length cheap fences and place chaingun turrets all around the place. Those fences would completely stop every enemy, including Deathclaw's from attacking everyone. I had a lot of moments where whole settlement armed with shotguns would take down a Deathclaw who couldn't jump over a fence that didn't even reach his knees.
Enemies spawn in certain places and if you fast travel or you come late to the defence then the enemies spawn inside your base, towards the center of the settlement. And therefore i build entire defence complexes with outer and inner concrete walls with laser and gun turrets pointing out of the settlement and also controlling the "streets" of the settlement. I have just my fun in building such things, like in Minecraft. But now you can buy a spawn / radio beacon to attract enemies for $10 in their creation works to test you defences. Yes the gardening fences thing is shit, but i think about this in this way, that in real situation this would not work and therefore i use wood, steel and concrete walls and fences. Therefore my settlements look like Israel on its border, modern Ghettos and communist living blocks.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I watch the gameplay video every time before I go to bed ... and then I dream electric sheep.

Darkzone

Arcane
Jaina is clearly latino slang.
I thought Jaina was her last name.
Miss V Jaina.
I assume that you made a sarcastic remark and do not truly believed it. Nevertheless the amount of laughs that you got on that very flat joke despite its sarcastic undertone, got me a bit worried and and in some cases it made me 'sigh'.
Naturally to differentiate each dialect and its use you have to study the language and or live with the people speaking it. And what i stated, is that i'm not capable of doing it, besides recognising this one very obvious thing and that was the core of this statement, that you used for this i-puddle of a joke. But what is more important stands behind my statement that you have not deduced for a joke:

Languages comparable in this attibute to DNA, if they spread across a great space tend to develop regional dialects over time and and with the passing of time they separate into different languages, while belonging to the same language group, due to agglomeration of regional changes. Some changes may develop in the native region of this language and spead into the whole language group while in some cases this may happen also for changes that accured not in the core region of the spoken language. Depending on the change and or its surrounding environment we can guess with a high probability the origin of the change and its spread with its path. Knowing that it derives from the word 'Honey' and also knowing the use of this word over time we can narrow down the population that uses the word and its spread in the spanish speaking world. Overall Latino is a bit vague in this case, but since the populations are extremely code exchanging, it is rather better applied than chicanos or the also possbible exil cubans or puerto ricans or other spanish speaking group in USA.
Why it is so interesting? Because it is Information theory at its most visible point in linguistics and the same applies also to lifeforms in biology, diseases or the mental / cognitive information process, like ideologies.
Learning and understandig such things can enable you to recognise processes around you and it enables you know the orign and the destination of this processes, before they exhibit their significant effects.

Therefore jokes as much as you like, but keep always in mind what you are joking about and why and how you do it.

Last edited:

Drax

Arcane
I like how there's this supposed nebulous "latino" dialect. Chileans, bolivians, mexicans and argentinians, all of them have WILDLY different pronunciations and slangs.
Fuck, I can barely understand paraguayans. They're like the scottish of south america.

Multihog

Barely Literate
The world looks great. I didn't see much open world here, though, which is whatever honestly.

Sadly, there are floating quest markers everywhere even when there's only one way to go and the blatantly obvious interactable object is in front of your face. Also, optional steps in quests are marked as (OPTIONAL), reducing them to mere choices instead of something to be discovered by trying stuff.

Mustawd

I like how there's this supposed nebulous "latino" dialect. Chileans, bolivians, mexicans and argentinians, all of them have WILDLY different pronunciations and slangs.

The video is clearly based on the US Latino population. Who gaf about bolivians, argentinans and chileans?

Mexico and Central America. Das it.

Frozen

Arcane
But whites are not annoying as f.
When I think Latino first thing that comes to mind is Pitbull
And everyone would like to kill him.

Mustawd

You can say what you want, but Angry Joe knows how to engage his audience.

True, he is a drooling moron who probably does a fantastic job pandering to the unwashed masses of drooling morons.

I like his overall shtick when he sticks to video games and reviewing video games.

But I find his tastes super mainstream and even inconsistently so. Watching reviews of some AAA games is actually pretty cringeworthy. And he focuses on really retarded crap like graphics and voice acting (he gave Warhammer 49K Gladius a 7/10 due to no voice acting and a lower graphics level).

Anyways, I still like watching his video game reviews because they’re well done and funny most of the time.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yea maybe I am overly harsh, but I think there is a small amount of actual quality content on youtube that is drowned out by people like him.

And for some reason he in particular triggers me as the epitome of that lowest common denominator retardation.

Absinthe

Arcane
Angry Joe is just a bad combination of cringy and shit taste imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom