Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance - the ultimate version of Binding of Isaac

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

More details at PAX West.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
rsSRu8l.png

Tiospo

Learned
Hype! I have thousands of hours in Afterbirth. Hopefully this has to do with porting Antibirth or at least the game side of things. Their card game announcement was a bit of a let down

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Anyone else getting ever so slightly disappointed with each new iteration of the game? It's strange to be complaining about it, but I feel like he reached a point where there's too much content. Perhaps it was simply burnout, but the last times I played it I enjoyed more the vanilla version than the expansions.

Gonna give this a shot anyways once it's out, the guy knows how to make fun games.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's strange to be complaining about it, but I feel like he reached a point where there's too much content.
that's just because Afterbirth+ added to much crappy items and made game harder and less fair.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-30-the-binding-of-isaac-repentance-announced

UPDATE 3/9/18: Binding of Isaac creator Edmund McMillen has shared more details on the mysterious The Binding of Isaac: Repentance, which was teased last week.

Repentance will be the third paid expansion for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (it's also received five free mod-based Booster Packs), and is, according to McMillen, both "pretty beefy" and the final DLC for the game. This certainly isn't the first time an Isaac expansion has been described as its last, but McMillen did add, "for real this time".

According to McMillen's tweets on the matter, Repentance will be based on the extremely well-regarded, and sizeable, Antibirth mod for The Binding of Isaac. It's being tweaked to "make it canon", and will feature "a ton more content that will make you sh*t your butts!". This extra content will include "new cutscene(s) and story bits" as well as, inevitably, "more poop".

Additionally, regular Binding of Isaac composer Ridiculon is creating a new soundtrack for the Repentance DLC "so it all feels cohesive and part of the official game". However, Antibirth's original composer, Mudeth, posted that they're also "finishing a full replacement soundtrack separately, although it'll have to be modded in I guess."

McMillen is working alongside Antibirth's original creator Vinh (who was also heavily involved in sprucing up the game's Booster Pack content for official release) to create Repentance - which doesn't, at present, have a release date.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Additionally, regular Binding of Isaac composer Ridiculon is creating a new soundtrack for the Repentance DLC "so it all feels cohesive and part of the official game".
Shame. Mudeth's soundtrack was really good.

Wunderbar

Arcane
:necro:

two years later...

yeah thats right there is yet another FINAL FINAL FINAL mega expansion to the binding of isaac that is actually bigger than rebirth was to the OG flash game.. its basically a sequel at this point, and its fucking amazing!

The game is currently over 90% done. I've been working closely with the team to ensure that this is the "Sequel DLC" you've always wanted. The team has gone above and beyond and we're really proud of how the game is coming together and I have a feeling you're gunna shit your asses when you get your hands on it.

Expect the blog to be updated fairly regularly starting the second half of October. We'll have updates like the ones you remember from Rebirth and Afterbirth and Afterbirth+.

Tyrone or someone else will give updates regarding the console versions so don't ask me because I don't know.

For now keep add the game to your Steam wishlist and watch this blog for updates.

ok back to work on that thing we are calling life right now.. stay safe people! and remember to REPENT!

xoxo
-Edmundo

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/250900/view/2795003923911775359

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't played Afterbirth, which is also on sale right now. Will probably buy both and waste a few hundred hours throwing poop at Satan.

Seethe

Arbiter
Looks like they hired Sawyer for this patch, because they balanced bad items to be mediocre, and great items to also be mediocre. Can't break the game anymore, shops are trash and the breakage itself was patched out. Health drops was massively nerfed, with items like The Virus, Serpent Kiss, Maw of the Void, Athame becoming useless since they no longer generate Demon Hearts, and Spirit Heart items like Dark Bum and Mitre becoming mediocre since their drop rates were lowered. Overall, gross balancing patch. Shame about the content itself.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Edmund fucks up his game for the millionth time,news at 11.
Lamb and antibirth mod were the pinnacle of the game.
After that,it just went to shit in terms of items and bloat.

getter77

Augur
I figure the mods will weave in Mudeth's music eventually as the new, while decent, doesn't seem to be in the same lofty evocative tier as his and Danny B's.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Steam forums are indeed overflowing with people whining that the game is too hard now. I might just hold off until things balance out a bit.

:littlemissfun:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom