Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apparently if you wanna play the Definitive Edition only, then you can save up some HDD space by deleting classic version (/Classic in main folder) which takes 32gb.
The definitive version is 10 gb fewer? :hmmm:

Edit: God damnit, Swen, you did this deliberately.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Scoundrel gets 100% crit on backstabbing...
This is misleading actually. Scoundrel gets damage bonus from backstabbing not 100% crit, there is a "backstab crit" which is a critical hit from behind and it's direcly tied to your critical hit chance. By putting points in scoundrel you increase damage from critical hits, but it does not boost your backstab damage.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Untitled.png

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Summoning skill still summons half-dead totems & incarnates. THE Definitive Edition.

In other news, Lone Vulvas are still broken (how are they broken when they're lone? we'll never know), new Torturer is imba with Geomancer's worms, Five Star Diner seems to become powerhouse again as there's now some decent +20% regeneration food (which will become +40% regen, obv).

Incendax

Augur
Been enjoying it so far. The difficulty in the beginning has been toned down, which is a little disappointing, but supposedly things are harder than they used to be later in the game. Looking forward to that.

Beast dialog is definitely improved in Act 1.
Sir Lora won’t stop dying, the bastard.
Will report more later.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm extremely skeptical given that reverse difficulty curves in RPGs are common. Probably some D:OS EE situation where on paper it looks like they made it harder but in practice it's even easier.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't think there's much of a change here.
I did see some new content at Fort Joy but I'm not willing to burn a Pet Pal just to converse with that weird...squirrel-thing that's tagging along.
If I recruit a companion with Pet Pal the dialogue just cuts short. I guess I'll try taking Pet Pal when I re-spec later on.

Dual Lone Wolves are still the best way to play. In terms of convenience and actual power.
If I have to pick from Larian's Pre-made Rosters I'd go for Lohse and Fane since their source ability is useful. Ifan's summon wolf is just terrible if you're not a summoner. And if Ifan's an actual summoner, the Incarnate is a way better option to have.

For custom-party, a Generic Undead Dwarf and Fane would be best. Fane would take front line (STR/WITS/CON) as Warfare10/Poly2/Aero2 while Undead Dwarf will go full CON wand/shield Summoner10/Necro2/Poly2

The toughest part of the game is always the start - when you lack gold to purchase the skill books. Without awesome button to move around / lose aggro your party will die quickly. That is why the first skill should always be Chameleon Cloak from Polymorph. Why? Well, 2 rounds of invisibility let you bank AP or just simply walk away without being fired upon. So the best use would be at round one - use your starting AP to reposition, but save the last one to cast Chameleon Cloak. Then bank your AP till max, on the last turn of the cloak, delay your turn so the enemy has to skip their turn. Larian doesn't let enemies delay turns. Commence alpha strike on the highest priority target and proceed with combat as usual. If the odds are terrible, consider a retreat after the first kill and repeat the chameleon strike again and again.

Murk

Arcane
The AI on those flesh golems is absolutely annoying as hell, when they're not going through 500 attempts to open the door, they also just stand there doing nothing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The AI on those flesh golems is absolutely annoying as hell, when they're not going through 500 attempts to open the door, they also just stand there doing nothing.
Yeah, the solution is just to retreat and return - and the gates will open.

Also, the gear progression is still pretty bad - a Level 3 shield has 29/18 PA/MA rating while Lv 7 has double of that. This is why CON Summoners are hard to kill and my favorite tactic with Fane is to use his pets to drop enemies physical armor and then use Necromancer's Shackle of Pain.

necromancer_shackles_of_pain-icon.png

With this debuff attached, making Fane drink any healing potions will damage himself and the enemy.
Consider these healing values translated into damage.
Minor : 30
Medium : 140
Large : 330
Huge : 870
Giant : 1670

But wait, that's not all. Activate Living on the Edge (Necro2) and you won't risk dying at all while chugging heal bombs for two turns at 1 AP each!

necromancer-17-9.png

That's how I'd play a Summoner/Necro anyway.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not like they didn't say most changes are so minor nobody is going to notice them. So, mission accomplished, I guess.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Changes are infinitesmal, so yea, the game is basically just the same.

I find myself replaying it, but why? I get suckered into it, on to Act 2. Maybe it's the lack of games that compels me

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, so Tactician mode is now just +20% HP?
When I played, it was +50% and it was utter bullshit.

I was actually planning to do my next playthrough in Classic mode just to be spared those HP sponges.
But with "only" +20% HP, it seems to be more bearable.

Edit:
Ah, nevermind. I just looked at the wrong wiki.
I guess it still is +50% so I'll just install a mod to reduce that nonsense, but still get more capable enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom