Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got my GMG key, just a head's up.

Deleted member 7219

Preloading is only worth it for games with low disk space requirements. Most of the games I've preloaded recently took longer to unpackage than it would have taken to download from the beginning. This game uses about 30GB to preload - definitely not worth it.

I succumbed to temptation and bought the game too - the turn-based combat and the aesthetics really appealed to me, and it seems every reviewer is praising the story. I won't download until release.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I know that preload is now available for the PS4, but my dragon quest xi preload hasn't downloaded yet. Anyone know if this is an option you have to tick on some settings?

Okagron

Prophet
System requirements are out:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2105 / AMD A10-5800K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 32 GB available space
Additional Notes: 720p 30fps

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 / AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 32 GB available space
Additional Notes: 1080p 60fps

AW YEAH BITCHES!!!

Edit: However, there's a considerable difference between a 750 Ti and RX 470. Weird...
Aw nice, my crappy laptop can run this. Let me add this game to my list of games i'm buying on release.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
So is it worth preloading or not? I thought preloading just installs most of it?

So is it worth preloading or not? I thought preloading just installs most of it?

If you have a fast connection then it isn't worth it. The preload file is encrypted and may take longer to decrypt than downloading especially if you don't have an SSD. My internet is incredibly slow but my computer is quite fast so it is better for me to preload it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Someone tell me they've figured out a way to crack through the preload thing.

ETA: I bought it, I just want to play it today during a holiday instead of tomorrow after work.

Last edited:

mewt

Novice
Yeah, I didn't understand your reply the first time. Thanks for making a second post to clarify what you meant to type.

Fred

Learned
Looks like every other modern Dragon Quest game. Even Call of Duty looks more unique with each release.
Considering the last "modern" DQ was released in 2004 on PS2. (unless you include DQ Builder and DQ Heroes, which aren't RPG but yes, they were done in Unreal Engine 4 too and look like DQ 11)

mewt

Novice
Looks like every other modern Dragon Quest game. Even Call of Duty looks more unique with each release.
Considering the last "modern" DQ was released in 2004 on PS2. (unless you include DQ Builder and DQ Heroes, which aren't RPG but yes, they were done in Unreal Engine 4 too and look like DQ 11)
Well excuse me for being old and considering 2004 modern.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Steam forums for the game say it will unlock at 10am PST / 6pm GMT, which to me translates to 1 pm (here in Florida).

Supposedly there won't be a midnight unlock.

BTW, reading through recent posts on the steam board I learned that apparently the hard mode increases enemy HP, attack and defenses and lowers XP (supposedly). Take that with a grain of salt but it sounds about right to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom