Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Onimusha Warlords Remaster

Shinji

Savant

NEW FEATURES

High-Definition Graphics - Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition upgrade to enhance the visibility on your quest to save the princess.

dc9a9c4ce8da1f98fd60938905d4b433.jpg

Widescreen Support, New Display Options - Both the original game's display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.

f60aa0c0a58a96add2f5ea01f6cc17b1.jpg

Screen Scroll Feature - A screen scroll feature has also been added for widescreen display. The background scrolls up and down according to players' movements, showing areas that can't be fully displayed from certain positions.

fe39f85a6f62822274bb95dec2d0d99f.jpg

Analog Stick Support - In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.

6fbcd57b382a6857c136d4a6ba4616e4.jpg

Easy Mode Available From Start - Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven't played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.

37a8496172d137ea0920bfb07fd91ec1.jpg

New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.

f9c9d08cf5ded6e3f8b1f7df5d0492cc.jpg

Onimusha: Warlords will be released on January 15, 2019 for MSRP $19.99. In North America, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will have a physical and digital copy, while it will be a digital-only title for Nintendo Switch and Steam. In Europe, Onimusha: Warlords will be a digital-only title for all platforms.

Martius

Liturgist

Looks like nice surprise. I played just Dawn of Dreams so why not also try first one. Hopefully rest of series will get same treatment.

sullynathan

Arcane
Funny I've beat all of them except Dawn of Dreams. Capcom gonna capcom. Should've just made "Onimusha HD Collection" with all the Onimusha games, now they're gonna take your money.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Can't identify the trailer track, but the instrumentation sounds like the original alright. Wonder if they're going to remove the original composer from the credits now :D

Machocruz

Arcane
Onimusha proved that it wasn't the camera in old RE that was the problem. A very good melee action game despite the limitations, and a prelude to what Capcom would unleash with the game changer that was Devil May Cry.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
the controls were only keyboard IIRC so I stuck with emulator
Worked fine for me with a controller.

The first one's the most survival horror of the series both in tone and resource management. Both aspects were de-emphasized with the sequels, though they were still all right (never played Dawn of Dreams though since it appeared to get out of control with feature/content creep).

sullynathan

Arcane
the controls were only keyboard IIRC so I stuck with emulator
Worked fine for me with a controller.

The first one's the most survival horror of the series both in tone and resource management. Both aspects were de-emphasized with the sequels, though they were still all right (never played Dawn of Dreams though since it appeared to get out of control with feature/content creep).
I don't really remember what the problem was with the PC port that made me just end up playing it emulated. It was probably laziness on my part but I remember the bindings on controller we're odd and I didn't feel like downloading other programs to change it

Tiospo

Learned
Cool. Now we just need remasters of RE3 and Dino Crisis, and maybe DC2. The other Onimusha games too, of course. A lot of people get tired of the remasters, but if I'm going to revisit old favorites, it might as well be a better version.

deuxhero

Arcane
They're definitely working on the rest of the games. Onimusha 3 was on Steam a decade ago (I can find a news release about it and the forums still exist) but delisted it in 2015 (allegedly because of face licenses or some shit). Checking the Steam DB entry for that game shows they last made a change to it 21 days ago
https://steamdb.info/app/6570/

Actually they've been working on this for some time, multiple changes were made to the game after it was delisted.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So what about the likeness fees? Wasn't that the sticking point for why no remasters could happen? I guess Capcom decided to fork some cash or just re-design characters' faces because I can't rightly tell from the trailer. It will be interesting when we get to Onimusha 3, though.

189963-onimusha-3-demon-siege-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

If nothing else mere inclusion of analog support is a big deal.

kalganoat

Savant
Looks like upscaled PCSX2 footage to me. At least the CG cutscenes are remastered.

Machocruz

Arcane
Japan has a crush on French people. All their big name manga artists were influenced by Jean "Moebius" Giraud. And the Jean Reno love, of course.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Thread about about Devil May Cry was already there so I thought it Onimusha fits there too? Unless one Capcom game is more Japanese then other?
DMCV shouldn't have been there too, I was searching for that thread in General Gaming. It's not a jrpg, it's a damn action game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The problem with the jrpg forum is that the "For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here." description confuses things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom