Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Latelistener

Arcane
a3fcxyx130j11.png

fifthelement147.jpg

Big Wrangle

The multiplayer will become a standalone project, an arena shooter called Friday Night Firefight. :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That gun design is terrible, these games need some actual weapon designers to come in and tell them what to and what not to do.
Yeah, it's suffering from fantasy weapon syndrome. The thing looks like it weighs a ton. It's the machine gun equivalent of a Cloud sword.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That gun design is terrible, these games need some actual weapon designers to come in and tell them what to and what not to do.
Yeah, it's suffering from fantasy weapon syndrome. The thing looks like it weighs a ton. It's the machine gun equivalent of a Cloud sword.
It's scifi. It's plasteel or some shit. You're overthinking it.

REEEra seems to be offended again after the Gameplay reveal, can you guess why?
cyberpunk-pussygate1byceb.png
cyberpunk-pussygate2hwck0.png

Jesus Christ they're got to be one of the biggest bunch of whiny pussy bitches on the Internet. Hopefully after the doxxing thing CD Projekt Red has simply just stopped giving a shit about any bitching coming out of there.

passerby

Arcane
Ok, I'm gonna outdo your autism guys.

It's a "smartgun" from the demo, aka guided mini rockets launcher, that's why it doesn't have barrel and is supposed to be aimed only in a general direction of the target.
As for the size and weight, it can be made mostly from a composite material and be light, or can be designed to be handled by augumented users. I think this weapon design is great.

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Feature Objectification as a Major Theme; NPCs Will React to Your Looks and Clothes

The theme of objectification has always been part of the dystopia in Cyberpunk literature, and Cyberpunk 2077 isn't going to shy away from it.

CD Projekt RED has a history of not paying excessive attention to political correctness with The Witcher franchise, and the Cyberpunk literature certainly fits that as well. DualShockers talked to Cyberpunk 2077 Quest Designer Patrick Mills at Gamescom 2018, and we asked him how this is going to be portrayed in the new game.

In particular, we mentioned the theme of objectification, that has always been a staple of the franchise. Mills explained that it’s definitely going to be included:

“This is a world where the system and the powers that be have objectified people and literally turned them into objects. Many times people turn themselves into objects in order sometimes to rebel or sometimes to fit in. Certainly, objectification would be a major theme.”

Mills also confirmed that prostitution and prostitutes certainly exist in the game’s Night City, even if he doesn’t know whether the player will actually be able to “interface” with the prostitutes.

He then provided some interesting information on how we can influence the way people in Night City will react to our character:

“The way you dress, the way you customize your character, we want the world to respond to these things.”

Mills confirmed that NPCs will behave in a different way depending on how you’re dressed and on the looks of your V. He explained that this kind of interaction was done in a limited way before in a few other games in the past, including Alpha Protocol or Daggerfall.

If you want to check out the first assets of the game, you can enjoy some spectacular gameplay from yesterday, recently-released concept art and a batch of screenshots that were showcased at Gamescom. You can also watch the first cinematic trailer from E3 2018, and read Mills’ comments on the first-person perspective.

Cyberpunk 2077 does not have a release date or even a launch window, but it has been announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can already pre-order the game on Amazon.

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-objectification/

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Also, it would be DANGEROUS for CDPROJEKT to release this in 2020, as it probably will lose GOTY to The New World ;)

Bettar to release it 2019! Maybe it will surpass WL3.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You can finally watch the full Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo. I mean, you probably already have. And if you watched it live via CD Projekt Red's Twitch stream the other day, you did so alongside nearly half a million others.

That's according to videogame statistics site Githyp, who reckons Monday's showing makes Cyberpunk 2077 the "most watched stream on Twitch for an upcoming game" in 2018 so far.

"CDPR’s official stream on Twitch saw a peak of 288k viewers—while there were a total of 459k concurrent viewers watching when factoring in restreams—making Cyberpunk 2077 the most watched game on Twitch [on Monday]," explains Githyp.

The stats site adds that hundreds of thousands of viewers have since tuned into CD Projekt Red's official Twitch VOD. At the time of writing, Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay reveal has also been viewed 4.7 million times on its official YouTube channel.

:(

Gerrard

Arcane

It's a "smartgun" from the demo, aka guided mini rockets launcher, that's why it doesn't have barrel and is supposed to be aimed only in a general direction of the target.
As for the size and weight, it can be made mostly from a composite material and be light, or can be designed to be handled by augumented users. I think this weapon design is great.
Doesn't explain why it doesn't even have a proper fucking grip at the front, there isn't even enough space to place your whole hand on. The magazine itself is the size of a brick, it would not be light even if the whole gun was made from polymers.

Beowulf

Arcane

Doesn't explain why it doesn't even have a proper fucking grip at the front, there isn't even enough space to place your whole hand on. The magazine itself is the size of a brick, it would not be light even if the whole gun was made from polymers.

You can handwave everything by using prefix -cyber.

Too heavy to lift - no problem, because she has cyberhands!

Darkzone

Arcane

I know this, but still the design is terrible. It is too front heavy, has no good grip for the left hand and etc. It needs to be shorter for the weight distribution and have a secure grip for the left hand and the barrel should be a sticking out a bit more and this way it would be more secure for the operator.

I think that his points should be considered:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom