Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal Video

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Surprised, aesthetically solid, seems decently well written for the boring quest they showed. Now to see if they can pull a good game and that quality for 20 hours +.

20+ hours :) You are easy to please.

Drax

Arcane
Like someone said before, the most impressive part of the trailer prob was the density of npcs, which is something that idk how well it'll work on the real game.
Still, looks like a fun game.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
The voice acting is terrible. The corpo woman is the same voice actor that played half the female voices in Skyrim.

Mustawd

going from Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer and crew to super-edgy protagonist & cliche angry latino is a HUGE downgrade.

Negro, have you ever been to LA? It’s not cliche when every Latino in East LA sounds like a more cholo version of that guy. I loved Jackie’s dialogue. Tons of character.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Like someone said before, the most impressive part of the trailer prob was the density of npcs, which is something that idk how well it'll work on the real game.
pretty sure they'll downgrade that shit

ortucis

Prophet
pretty sure they'll downgrade that shit

Why? Those are just braindead NPC's. Hitman games have shitload of them for a reason. They are programmed to do basic walk cycle or just stand around, with few assigned a bit more "jobs" to make them all look lively.

It isn't like those NPC's all have a apartment they live in, including a whole day and night cycle which involves jobs, eating or shitting. If you think about it, Oblivion probably has more advanced NPC's than this until they prove otherwise.

Also, look closely, in most scenes NPC's are just awkwardly staring at random directions doing nothing. Hell, one even walks into the player in a scene only moving aside when it collides with the player (like Hitman games). They are all brain-dead.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Surprised, aesthetically solid, seems decently well written for the boring quest they showed. Now to see if they can pull a good game and that quality for 20 hours +.

20+ hours :) You are easy to please.

With my ageing old system, should I be able start it, that being said,
it will run at a pace I'll be getting way more than 20hours out of it.

Cyberpunk 2077 - A stop motion adventure :cool:

Darkzone

Arcane
going from Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer and crew to super-edgy protagonist & cliche angry latino is a HUGE downgrade.
Negro, have you ever been to LA? It’s not cliche when every Latino in East LA sounds like a more cholo version of that guy. I loved Jackie’s dialogue. Tons of character.
I have waited for "Tu eres loco." and "Es mi barrio". I also like this José, but perhaps this Jesus would be better:
28b13840653d0c1b3d6c38c83d7f7b99--the-big-lebowski-big-lebowski-quotes.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
CD Projekt always does this "too edgy 4 u!" bullshit and it is really cringey this time around. HEY LOOK AT THIS GIRL'S TITS, THIS LATINO USING SLANG, THIS CHICK IN HER UNDERPANTS, THIS IS DEFINITELY MATURE GUYS. This has to fucking stop. Poland bros help me out, is this a cultural thing? Is this how you signal maturity?

Anyway, looks okay, I will play it. I think people are underestimating how this game is going to do. It is going to be the next Skyrim, and by that I mean people who don't "play games" are going to get into this, and you're going to be hearing about it for six fucking months. Think back to 2011 and remember how over-the-top the conversation about Skyrim was, it is going to be that, plus all of the usual bullshit from the usual suspects on "violence" and "objectification" and "bodies" and "problematic" and "discourse" etc.

I also kinda wish this was in third person, what's the purpose of playing dress-up if I can't see my shit?

ETA: but I like CD Projekt and they make good games, I hope this does well and it is a good game to play.

Syme

Arbiter
25:30: Hmmm let's see, as the driver you're in a really good position to drive the vehicle, I would even go as far as to say it's the natural position. As the passenger, your buddy has both hands free to shoot out the window at any time he desires. So... why on earth would you tell him to grab the wheel and then lean out the window yourself instead of just handing him the gun and focus on driving, like a sane person would? This is just downright idiotic writing, and for what, an on-rails shooting segment? Does anybody even like those?

Also, that was the least convincinng "THAT WAS INTENSE" ever spoken by a human being.

Damianus_NT

Novice
Decado. For me, the gameplay demo did not feel neither "edgy" nor particularly "mature". However, things like the motive with the girl show (to those who were concerned about this) that CDP will not shy away from a bit darker themes (like harvesting people for organs). I don't think that the stuff you mentioned (like the forced, obligatory "sex scene") is something exclusive to Polish games (still better than BioWare's "romances"). What would you like to see instead? What would you consider "18+" enough? BTW. Isn't this whole punk vibe and slang something characteristic for cyberpunk universe? It's in the damn name, isn't it? This is not an attack, cheers mate.

I hope for some decent tools and good mod support for this game.

Darkzone

Arcane
CD Projekt always does this "too edgy 4 u!" bullshit and it is really cringey this time around. HEY LOOK AT THIS GIRL'S TITS, THIS LATINO USING SLANG, THIS CHICK IN HER UNDERPANTS, THIS IS DEFINITELY MATURE GUYS. This has to fucking stop. Poland bros help me out, is this a cultural thing? Is this how you signal maturity?
Let me subdivide this and put it into perspective:
'"HEY LOOK AT THIS GIRL'S TITS" --Ohhh woman have "TITS" who could have known? SJW have a problem with this, because for them a man who say he is a woman is a woman, and therefore not all woman have breasts. For normal mentally healthy people this isn't a problem and not even worth the mentioning.
"THIS LATINO USING SLANG" --No fucking way! There are people from other nationalities and languages who have a dialect and use words from their own language? 50% of extranjeros / ausländer / foreigners who are immigrants or 20% who have grown up in a different linguistic communities / ghettos have a fucking dialect. And yes most people living in ghettos mix their languages together to so called Pidgin languages and if this goes further and the language is used throught the community as the first language then the languages become a creole language. Latinos make up the largest group beside the native caucasian whites in the USA, therefore some ghetto latino solo with cojónes has a high probability of using ghetto spanglish slang.
"THIS CHICK IN HER UNDERPANTS" --Yes because this is how most of the people in european nations sleep in their beds, in underpants or pyjamas. Consider yourself lucky that you don't see the used rubber on the guy's dick.

I hope this answer helps you and it was written from my polish side. Maturity is given by the day-to-day life realism (like the scenes in the appatment (tooth brushing, messed up room and etc)) and touched topics (human exploitation, drugs and etc) and that is quite good in this showcase of gamplay.
San Diego isn't it a in south california?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Damianus_NT I do appreciate the response but I wasn't complaining about the lack of "mature elements." If anything, there were too many. Less is more.

Also Darkzone, I don't need an amateur linguistics lesson from an internet shitposter. In my life, I have worked in a variety of fields around all types of people, and I know many people of Latin descent. Nobody fucking talks that way.

Darkzone

Arcane
Also Darkzone, I don't need an amateur linguistics lesson from an internet shitposter. In my life, I have worked in a variety of fields around all types of people, and I know many people of Latin descent. Nobody fucking talks that way.
So much for your honest question about maturity.
I grew up between between Yugos, Turks and other Polacks and everyone spoke like that in some form. If you go to the market to buy some fruits and you greed people in their lingua. And you speak to them ín their terms, like in the case of Turks with "Selam! Arkadaş". And if you drink with Turks you cheers with Şerefe! And they do the same with you, because it is also a from to get closer with eachother and the cultures and it is a form of mutal respect. Also if they speak they use also in their own language words taken form the host nations language, especially if they lack the words in their own. How do you think "Kurwa" has become so known in the world? Or how do you think that pidgin and creole languages develop? And why do you think has the word spanglish came about and what does it mean?
Perhaps you have worked with Latinos but you certainly weren't a friend to them, as it strongly seems. Perhaps you have not even tried to learn spanish, despite its close proximity?

i think it just needs (at least a few ffs) puzzles to be solved with skills or logic.

otherwise it's the usual ethical pizzaboy. i still have to see the full video but if i had to, i'd bet there's none, just a lot of so ethical blablqblagbdjf

most games focus only on people, they think they're end-all. they don't understand the wonders of item and environment manipulation.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Anyway, looks okay, I will play it. I think people are underestimating how this game is going to do. It is going to be the next Skyrim, and by that I mean people who don't "play games" are going to get into this, and you're going to be hearing about it for six fucking months. Think back to 2011 and remember how over-the-top the conversation about Skyrim was, it is going to be that, plus all of the usual bullshit from the usual suspects on "violence" and "objectification" and "bodies" and "problematic" and "discourse" etc.

The biggest problem of these super blockbuster games like Skyrim, GTA V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and now Cyberpunk is not the fact that in the next year or so people won't shut up about. It's the fact these games become the gold standard for game developers and so we will only see clones for the next couple of years, and get told this is high quality game design.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yeah but I would prefer these polish faggots to make that standard alongside From Soft, some capcom game here and there etc, instead of the dreaded games as service fucking black hole of shit that is anything Canadian and EA.
It just fucking looks like Deus Ex with money and GTA throw at it, and I am really fine with this type of shit. As long as Euro jank and indies still exists I am fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom