Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Perkel

Arcane
Is anti aliasing banned in Germany? Looks cool otherwise

Usually stuff like antialiasing is added later into game dev.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm so hyped for this game. I don't want to get too excited but I sincerely hope they will release it this year. Do you think that 2018 release date is realistic?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm so hyped for this game. I don't want to get too excited but I sincerely hope they will release it this year. Do you think that 2018 release date is realistic?

No.
"Good shit takes time"

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Where the fuck is the Gamescom coverage for this game?

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
?? Egosoft never introduced anything more than just copy protection... They even give you no_steam.exe for their older games
The first game had copy protection that reduced (halved?) your credits from time to time if you didn't have the original CD in.
Telling me that sarcasm doesn't really translate well when the actual reason it flew over your head is that you misread/skimmed what I wrote will prompt a response from me, yes.

Naturally, this is all my fault for having the temerity to point out your oversight, and not yours for being in error.
Just saw this. Good to know what gets sand in your vagina for future reference.

:Flash:

Arcane
?? Egosoft never introduced anything more than just copy protection... They even give you no_steam.exe for their older games
The first game had copy protection that reduced (halved?) your credits from time to time if you didn't have the original CD in.
But they released no-CD patches for all their games not too long after initial release.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But they released no-CD patches for all their games not too long after initial release.
Sure. And they're all on Steam now. But the post I quoted said "never introduced" which is wrong.

:Flash:

Arcane
Sure. And they're all on Steam now. But the post I quoted said "never introduced" which is wrong.
Huh? The post you quoted said "never introduced *anything more than* copy protection", referring to another post talking about DRM. So you agreed with the post you quoted. I only wanted to add that they even removed the copy protection.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Egosoft is a german developer.
Gamescom takes place in Germany and is the biggest gaming event in this hemisphere.
And they aim to release in 2018.

"We will be presenting the game to journalists on an appointment basis, but we do not have a booth in the customer area. If you are a journalist please contact us at press@egosoft.com."

2018? Really?

Last edited:

adrix89

Cipher
Why are there so many of my country here?
Egosoft is a german developer.
Gamescom takes place in Germany and is the biggest gaming event in this hemisphere.
And they aim to release in 2018.

"We will be presenting the game to journalists on an appointment basis, but we do not have a booth in the customer area. If you are a journalist please contact us at press@egosoft.com."

2018? Really?
Beta Early Access Alpha Pre-Alpha We will add the game later "Release".

tripedal

Augur
X4: Foundations - Preview of the German Star Citizen

In German, but google translate works fine.

The entire universe of X4 is simulated. NPCs themselves build civilizations, carry out conflicts or conduct trade. The economy is modeled realistically, for the first time in an X-game the computer-controlled galaxy dwellers even produce all goods and resources themselves - from ships to weapons. Thanks to smarter AI, the three peoples included in the game are now able to set up stations. In addition, aliens react dynamically to changes and developments in their environment. If their habitat is destroyed, they will recover by themselves and rebuild their culture.

Thane Solus

Arcane
i bet not even half of the universe is simulated like they say... i really hope they hired a proper collision, pathfinding programmer this time, otherwise is gona be another trainwreck.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
If they release this year, it's clear that they want to use the suckers who will buy it as beta testers.
There is no way this game can be finished and bug free this year.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So, after the disaster of what shall be not named ITT, Bernd and Egosoft got their shit back together and started to wörk again on a proper X game.
There was an alpha Trailer about a year ago, but on Gamescom, they had a presentation with a lot of new material in it.

Naturally, it was all Kraut and i was to lazy to make a translation of all the things said during the video.
Thankfully, finally some youtuber did all the work instead of me and there is now a nice and short Video by him, giving an overview about (almost) all things known so far about X4 Foundations and so i can finally put another thread on this semi-dead board.

Small tidbits: On top of Borons, Split will probably also be missing in the beginning (big FUCK YOU to whoever keeps my away from Mamba, Dragon and Acinonyx), but might be added in later (knowing Ego, prolly at around V2.0 or with an DLC.

Looks pretty neat so far, graphics is so-so but i can live with that. Avatars look like ass, but thats basically part of Egosoft since X2. It might get a release in late 2018, but expect it around 2019.

Turjan

Arcane
If they release this year, it's clear that they want to use the suckers who will buy it as beta testers.
There is no way this game can be finished and bug free this year.
That's Egosoft in a nutshell. I don't think they ever did it any other way.

Seems to always be the cycle with Egosoft.

>This game is okay but buggy to shit. Really needs improvement
>Uh okay, they fixed some stuff but now the game is shit
>Holy shit this new version fixed nearly everything and it's still buggy as shit. At least the mods are awesome!
>WTF IS THIS CASUALISED SHIT! DECLINE!
>Maybe this one will fix everything?
>Nope still fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom