Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Astral Rag

Arcane
I saw Grim Beard couple of years back with his Nocturne review and while he may not be everyone's cup of tea, he probably deserves about ten times more subscribers than he has.

jMFMER7.jpg

:salute:

I see that he recently reviewed Fallout.

edit: Those "review reactions"

:lol:

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I bought Nocturne back then. Hadn't played anything like it. I remember having a lot of panic moments but he's right about the bizarre controls and messed up camera. Controlling that thing was pretty frustrating.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Same. Personally I never had problems with the controls. The pits of death are an annoyance though, the camera placement isn't always the best. I never played the Blair Witch games because I couldn't care less about those movies but now that I know their link with Nocturne I will definitely give them a try.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
He only ever made the one vid, but it's a great take on the 'then vs now' design paradigms in gaming as seen through the Thief series:

At around 9 minutes he talks about how you had to "think" that there probably isn't much gold in a music room or kitchen, but I think this is total nonsense. I KNOW the developers hid something there anyway, there is no reason for me not to look through every room, so me looking through the kitchen isn't something I ever considered not doing because I knew the developers would probably put a water arrow in the water filled sink, a purse on the cook's hip and some miscellaneous loot hidden somewhere around it.

A horse of course

Whitelight's FEAR series retrospective finally comes to an end. The previous videos are definitely worth a watch.

Master

Arbiter
Was that "music" in the background necessary? These FEAR experts seem to be cropping up lately...

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Voultar does great videos on modding and fixing shit, both are great videos, but I like his videos more where he shits on shitty modders who sells their crap to the people who doesn't know better.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Voultar does great videos on modding and fixing shit, both are great videos, but I like his videos more where he shits on shitty modders who sells their crap to the people who doesn't know better.

This was boring and stupid. Watching king sperglord here is a massive snoozer.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

This was boring and stupid. Watching king sperglord here is a massive snoozer.

Well don't watch it then if you're not interested about hardware modding and shit. Go watch pewdiepie, his style might keep your nogging occupied for five seconds.

deltamind

Literate
I have been JackFrags for a while now, he plays well and doesn't go mad when he dies lol.

Xfactorgaming used to be good, I don't know why he stopped posting videos, welp.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Anyone know if somebody has the old Lord Mandalore videos? The asshole put them of hidden because he was afraid of strikes, sjws, w/e, but those are the most hilarious video i ve seen (swtor reviews, bioware trolling, mount and blade muskets training)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I sifted through my subs and wanted to share a few channels with low sub numbers because I think they deserve more attention:

Ultraviolent4: Basically only does Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup runs, a chill guy and his videos helped me a lot with the game. Got my first 3 rune win because of him.

Melinda The Good: One of the few female Youtubers with a voice I can stand (Weird, I know, but that's how it is). Mainly does indie/nipshit. Likes to burn bananas.

Lorehammer Library: Warhams lore, slightly higher production value than most. Also Codex As Fuck.

GeneralConfusionPlays: Mainly does Dominions and other strategy games, has some very good strategy/analysis videos available for Dom5.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Anyone know if somebody has the old Lord Mandalore videos? The asshole put them of hidden because he was afraid of strikes, sjws, w/e, but those are the most hilarious video i ve seen (swtor reviews, bioware trolling, mount and blade muskets training)
Tried to find them but no luck either.

Shame.

I wish his newer vids were more in the style of the old ones tbh. He's gotten less funny and less thorough or something, idk. Still one of my faves though.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Came across this channel, seems to be pretty good:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom