Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It wasn’t dulled down, they’re just showing different scenes with different lighting?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Threaten is more potent, allowing you to choose a weapon, but makes them hostile if you fail, so higher risk. Weapons have a lethal number, so choosing the meanest thing you got is the way to go for this, but is also based on how well your skill is with whatever the weapon is designed for, so you don't fumble.

hqdefault.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Threaten is more potent, allowing you to choose a weapon, but makes them hostile if you fail, so higher risk. Weapons have a lethal number, so choosing the meanest thing you got is the way to go for this, but is also based on how well your skill is with whatever the weapon is designed for, so you don't fumble.
I really don't get why weapon skill is involved in this.
It's not like you need to be a master marksman in order to point your gun at someone to threaten them.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not like you need to be a master marksman in order to point your gun at someone to threaten them.
BG9.gif

He failed his Threaten check in the end, but still.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BG9.gif

That's a sword, not a gun. In that case, I get it somewhat.
But what are you going to do with a gun? Or does this actually involve showing off some prowess by shooting a nice hole into an enemy's hat?

hello friend

Arcane
BG9.gif

That's a sword, not a gun. In that case, I get it somewhat.
But what are you going to do with a gun? Or does this actually involve showing off some prowess by shooting a nice hole into an enemy's hat?
If you're a shitty marksman, you might hold the gun sideways.
Is that from Kopps?

agris

Arcane
Patron
I preferred the previous palette, I liked it more colorful. We have enough dull-looking drab brown-grey games.
Agreed, although I'm not sure we're seeing a different palette here - just a different time of day, structures and illumination. Hopefully the bright colors we saw earlier will still be used when appropriate.

geno

Savant
thesheeep said:
Maybe the NPC noticed you forgot to take the safety catch off. Or he's confindent he can disarm you, just like in the movies.

grimace

Arcane
Friendly tip: to embed tweets, use the media button, not the link button.

I tried.

My browser blocks scripts and as a courtesy to others I try to include the shared media on the forum so users do not need to visit another website.

Tweets can be deleted. This is a more permanent record. If it can be believed to be authentic.

buffalo bill

Arcane
  • Grasshopper
[Roll] under skill#

Anytime you are on a grass tile, you can roll this action to blend in and be invisible if standing still, identical to the system if you are in shadow and standing still (which is like the Thief system). This can be be done in any lighting, making you a Predator and/or Commando that can stalk your enemies like a badass.
Sounds a little silly, depending on how it works. I hope the grass animation gets further iterations.

agris

Arcane
Patron
  • Grasshopper
[Roll] under skill#

Anytime you are on a grass tile, you can roll this action to blend in and be invisible if standing still, identical to the system if you are in shadow and standing still (which is like the Thief system). This can be be done in any lighting, making you a Predator and/or Commando that can stalk your enemies like a badass.
Sounds a little silly, depending on how it works. I hope the grass animation gets further iterations.
Perhaps the challenge mod on the 3d8 skill roll will take into account enemy LOS and how illuminated the location is. Whalenought_Joe ?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Grotesque ArchAngel The game is using 'micro squares' and that UI is out of date. This is the most current version of the UI:

5e8b3a6aca894e89e54e94c44cec47c1_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom