Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We can upload a highres version of the flyer later, after GC is over.

Also, to all you blind guys who claim my beard has gotten shorter - it's actually longer than last year, I think. It goes all the way down to my navel! But I braid it so it's not as visible I guess.

Also this thread is my #1 source for news on Realms Beyond during Gamescom - it barely takes 20 minutes for something to be posted by someone, anyone, about us on Twitter - and boom, someone links it in here already :D
And it's not even Infinitron who does it. Wew.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Also, I should have kept a tally of which games people mention most often when they look at our game and say "It reminds me of X". Too late for that now after the 4th day is over and only 2 are left though.

But the one game that was mentioned most often (and will be mentioned many more times still, I'm sure of it) is Baldur's Gate.
Then comes Ultima.
Pillars of Eternity is also mentioned often, but less often than Baldur's Gate. I'd say it's about on par with Ultima.
After that comes Heroes of Might and Magic when people look at our world map.
Fallout got mentioned once or twice.

Two games I only heard mentioned once as ones that RB reminds people of were:
Divine Divinity, mentioned by a girl who said it was the first PC game she ever played and that's why she was very interested in our game (enthusiastically so).
Darklands, by a black guy who didn't look like the kind of guy who played RPGs and point and click adventures in the early 90s. But then we just started chatting and sharing gaming experiences of the good old days. Cool dude.

Games that I haven't heard anyone mention this way are the Gold Box games, but then first impressions of "it reminds me of X" are usually based on visual style too, and thanks to 30 years of progress in the field of graphics you really can't see a resemblance to the Gold Box games at first glance, so it's not too surprising.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pretty obvious who's writing these blog posts! https://www.realms-beyond.com/realms-beyond-wins-best-booth-award-at-gamescoms-indie-arena-2018/

Realms Beyond Wins Best Booth Award at Gamescom’s Indie Arena 2018
August 23, 2018

Yesterday we posted an update on our experience at Gamescom and how we constructed our booth to create a fantasy atmosphere fitting to our game. Today, we have been awarded with the 1st prize for best booth at the Indie Arena!

DlTh8ELWsAAJVdU-300x169.jpeg

We feel honored that our booth is so well-received, and we have to give credit to our suppliers who provided us with the swords and armor pieces on display at our booth: the online store for authentic replica weapons and armors BattleMerchant.com, and the media production group Kaptorga – Visual History. Without their generous contributions, our booth would only be half as beautiful!

Many thanks also to our colleauges and the volunteers at the Indie Arena who voted for our booth. And of course to the many visitors who show interest in our classic oldschool RPG. Your positive reception has exceeded all our expectations!

Gamescom is still going until Saturday, so you still have a chance to meet the devs, get a Kickstarter gift voucher, and get any questions you may have about the game answered.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Maybe it doesn't look like Gold Box, but I can definitely see a visual resemblance to another, less reputable Pool of Radiance. :troll:
I'm not even kidding.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
A video, a video!The interview is in german, but english dialogues and gameplay:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All Nazi discussion aside, this looks freaking good. I'll back this, no doubt about it.

Maybe have a speed slider for combat.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think they said something about that - the slow pace was criticized already when they showed the first combat video.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, they already mentioned the speed will be adjustable.

Looks really cool, like what ToEE could have been.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Game looks awesome. That's JarlFrank on the right btw.

If he shaves his beard off, gets a normal haircut, and starts wearing people clothes he could probably reinvent himself as Beppe Gould, Guido Henkel's assistant, and still work on the game.

jungl

Augur
Thats the first time I seen a cute girl with a beard before. Dungeon crawling DND turn based combat is a pro. Outside of that looks like whatever. I want to play a DnD campaign where you can corrupt and decieve good npcs instead of doing their quests and eventually fight the town guards and take it over a lawful evil route or pure chaotic side slaughter everyone and tell the local monsters to go live there.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
The overworld map looks great, both art and design. Maybe there would be a bit of strategy into the gameplay?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Thats the first time I seen a cute girl with a beard before. Dungeon crawling DND turn based combat is a pro. Outside of that looks like whatever. I want to play a DnD campaign where you can corrupt and decieve good npcs instead of doing their quests and eventually fight the town guards and take it over a lawful evil route or pure chaotic side slaughter everyone and tell the local monsters to go live there.
Then you will prefer Archmage Rises instead.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The Gamescom report is out: https://www.realms-beyond.com/realms-beyond-at-the-gamescom-indie-arena-booth-a-slice-of-fantasy/

Gamescom 2018 – What a ride!
August 27, 2018

Wow!

As you know, me and my guys from Ceres Games went to this year’s GamesCom in Cologne, Germany,
which is the biggest computer game exhibition in the world!

Given this huge opportunity to show the world what we have achieved in the past two years we
decided that we couldn’t just come, set up a computer, stick a poster to the wall and sit there still
for six days – oh no! We came and brought a cabinet!

in-front-of-the-cabinet.jpg

A cabinet, you may ask, what’s that all about? Well! Let me enlighten you: As some of you may
be aware of, I just cannot do anything without it being epic at least. So Peter, our big master chief
(srsly he’s tall :D) brought this old cabinet for me to decorate the booth with. And so I did! As
you can see it’s filled to the brim with all sorts of magic and let me tell you something: It’s the
same kind of magic you can find in our game!

cabinet.jpg

shelf-1.jpg

top-shelf.jpg

(Click here for a sneaky pic I shot when the master chief wasn’t looking, shhhht! *teehee*
I gotta admit that I was a bit too small to reach the top of the cabinet xD)

Here’s the thing. Without the help of the amazing people of BattleMerchant.com, Alex Streb
from Motu-fanfiction.de and my very dear friends over at Kaptorga, who provided us with
beautiful items like crystals, armor pieces, swords, moral support and way too much love to
handle, this booth would not have been possible. All of us invested heart and soul to create
something that had the potential to inspire people and carry them away into a little fantasy
world. You guys rock and will be forever in our hearts! Hope to see y’all soon!

Realms-Beyond-1.jpg

Tim Drude, Peter Ohlmann (Managing Directors), and your’s truly (Social Media Manager)

After we made ourselves comfortable a bit and arranged some ivy and really rustic chairs, our
booth attracted some people who actually became new friends! How awesome is that?!

Like the guys from Keoken who are the devs of “Deliver us the Moon“:
keoken.jpg

Please excuse my tired face

Or the mighty warriors from Ymier Skjold, promoting the game “Ancestors: Legacy” and walking
around the area banging their drum and blowing their horn:

ymierskjold.jpg

There was a lot of fun and craziness going on, like always when friends visit you at the booth

handsomeness.jpg

And all sorts of interesting people:

random1.jpg

And cosplayers!

aloy.jpg

And the my dear Kaptorga colleague Johannes who was performing on stage with his Saber group:

crazy.jpg

And even this crazy guy Can’t believe I met Mr. Royal Phunk in person who did a double
take at our booth

phunk.jpg

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any more awesome than this, another thing happened.
I gotta admit I cried twice this day out of pure joy and being overwhelmed. I got recognized by
people passing by, new opportunities arose. And then we just won the prize for the
best Indie Arena Booth:

preis.jpg

We were mostly busy handing out gift vouchers to people who were interested in the game.
Gift vouchers? you may ask. Gift vouchers! Right before the GamesCom Peter had the idea to
put people’s faces into the game in case they decided to back us on Kickstarter.

Realms Beyond is going to be supportable on Kickstarter, starting in October this year!

That’s right! And I will be making something decorative for you guys to wear aswell. We’re soon
going to announce a bit more of what we have in store for you.

Thank you guys so much for stopping by our booth and for all the compliments you guys showered
us with! It was a real pleasure meeting you all and listening to your little stories about when you were
playing Dungeons and Dragons, Ultima and Baldur’s Gate! Hope we’ll soon meet again!

Sincerely,

Alexis

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom