Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond is coming to Kickstarter in October

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
If this is funded I hope Seven Dragon Saga tries again. Maybe people's taste has improved?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Hope the story is well written and well presented; otherwise looks good.

The lead writer wrote this masterpiece, so you don't need to worry about that.

As probably sole buyer of that novel I have to say that the reading of Christmas Presents around an open fire is certain to become as much of a tradition as chestnuts and cranberry sauce in our household. I have no worries about JarlFrank's ability to conjure titillating magic from mundane scenarios.

remember Demons Age

This how I always hear that tragic failure:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guido worked with us until 17th of April of this year.

He called himself "Dragon" on our forums and we left it open to him when to reveal his involvement.

So yes, he did but no longer is working on Realms Beyond. People who know how tenses work could've gathered just as much from his tweet :p

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Guido worked with us until 17th of April of this year.

He called himself "Dragon" on our forums and we left it open to him when to reveal his involvement.

So yes, he did but no longer is working on Realms Beyond. People who know how tenses work could've gathered just as much from his tweet :p

I hope he left you some good worldbuilding stuff and you don't have to rewrite a lot?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
"Guido worked with us until 17th of April of this year."

Thank you for giving the exact date, Guido tweeted something when he left.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Is Guido's departure from the project foreshadowing the future quality of the game, or at the very least, the games writing? Hope not, but I'm taking all the credit for being the first to suggest it.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm just curious as to why everyone was so positive about Guido's involvement, whatever it actually amounted to?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I'm just curious as to why everyone was so positive about Guido's involvement, whatever it actually amounted to?
He produced Planescape: Torment and worked on Fallout 1, too games widely lauded and praised for both their writing and creative direction. Though we don't know the full extent of his involvement, I'd assume most people credit some level of skill to him based off of the sheer quality of those two products.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Guido made three of the best games I ever played, and I want to see if he can make another one.

It's not a shock that he didn't want to work unpaid until they get the Kickstarter funding, but my opinion is he shouldn't have tweeted about it and trash talked the project.

He's even less likely to get a paying job now.

:negative:

Tigranes

Arcane
He produced Planescape: Torment and worked on Fallout 1, too games widely lauded and praised for both their writing and creative direction. Though we don't know the full extent of his involvement, I'd assume most people credit some level of skill to him based off of the sheer quality of those two products.

Yes, everybody knows that. Except his job back then wasn't exactly to create the setting for those games, he hasn't done anything relevant in over a decade, his own crowdfunding efforts seemed neither amazing nor horribad. It's not exactly like knowing Tim Cain has been working on their character systems.

Anyway, I guess we might never know for certain now. I really hope RB is fucking amazing, but I've been hoping for that since the CC days anyway.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Guido also worked on Realms of Arkania, which is much more impressive than anything PST related.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Guido's Ceres account was made August 03, 2017, and he left in April. He was with the project for over 8 months, did the story, setting, writer's journal, and then left trying to find a paying job. That doesn't sound bad, and when the developers are home and rested I want to hear more about the story and setting he invented.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The question is: Who did come up with that name? Chaos Chronicles at least has some crunch to it, but Realms Beyond must be the most generic name ever. Straight out of Shovelware Name Generator v 1.0.
http://sofoxcentral.com/projects/actionfantasygamenamegenerator.html
Their Kickstarter should include a stretch goal to purchase from Guido Henkel the right to call their game "Deathfire". :M

... you think guys think "Realms Beyond" sounds more generic than Chaos Chronicles, an alliteration of a pair of the most common words in fantasy literature?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Guido worked with us until 17th of April of this year."

Thank you for giving the exact date, Guido tweeted something when he left.

Chaos Chronicles part 2. It even ends the same.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Chaotic Evils

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom