Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

deama

Prophet
So what do people here think of Fury's design? I don't really like it, can't quiet put my finger on why though, too boring? When she goes into some sort of fury(?) mode her hair turns firery, I think maybe they should have done more of that, maybe have her outfit be entirely out of lava or something like that.

AbstractKazzy

Novice
I think she looks ok. I don't love it or hate it. It's just really kinda bland in the regular form. The fire one needs more going on like you said.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
So what do people here think of Fury's design? I don't really like it, can't quiet put my finger on why though, too boring? When she goes into some sort of fury(?) mode her hair turns firery, I think maybe they should have done more of that, maybe have her outfit be entirely out of lava or something like that.
Maybe have her outfit be entirely transparent or something like that.
Although with how she looks now it's likely that she would look like Tomb Raider 1 Lara Croft under her clothes.

J1M

Arcane
Her eyes make her look like a bug, and there were obviously multiple passes done to desexualize her appearance. For example, bouncy cleavage replaced with an eye of sauron on her chest.

What little I've seen of her in the marketing makes her appear unlikable. She sounds selfish and disinterested instead of sultry and intense. Death's body count and 'metal' aesthetic was mitigated by his unwavering trust in, and loyalty to, his brother War. I was expecting all of the horsemen to have this intense camaraderie. It appears that even in the supernatural plains there are diversity hires. :smug:

A horse of course

Bit concerned about the combat. Looking at the fight with the giant beetles near the start, it seems like they just transition within a split second from looking in the opposite direction to striking the player. Darksiders 2 had very enjoyable melee combat where you could usually reliably avoid damage based on your skill, but I'm not sure what's happening here.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/darksiders-3-is-dropping-the-mini-map-heres-why

Darksiders 3 is Dropping the Mini-Map, Here's Why
Hell hath no fury.

Revealed last year, Darksiders 3 is taking things in a slightly new direction in more ways than one. For a start, Fury is now the protagonist of the upcoming Gunfire Games title, but there's also no mini-map this time round.

During a presentation at Gamescom 2018, Darksiders 3 senior designer Richard Vorodi briefly pointed out that there was no mini-map in the gameplay we were seeing.

Expanding upon the lack of a mini-map, Vorodi says that, "We don't think players like them." He then points out a massive tree on-screen, explaining that the tree is in the center of the Darksiders 3 map and will act as a point of reference for players when they're guiding themselves around in lieu of the mini-map.

"We want players to get lost," Vorodi continues, noting the many optional quests scattered throughout it. The developers would rather you explore Darksiders 3's world and discover new details for yourself, rather than simply going from point A to B to complete a quest.

As for the future of the Darksiders franchise? "The plan was always four," Vorodi told the Gamescom attendees. Could there be another entry left in the tank for the Darksiders series? Darksiders 3 will release on November 27, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Deflowerer

Arcane
It always amuses me when people criticize the Darksiders franchise for looking like WoW, when the creator of Darksiders is pretty much the person who created the whole Western animu look that WoW apes.

Deflowerer

Arcane
It always amuses me when people criticize the Darksiders franchise for looking like WoW, when the creator of Darksiders is pretty much the person who created the whole Western animu look that WoW apes.
What if I just criticize Darksiders for looking like shit, is that better?

Go ahead, I just dislike retarded criticisms which lambast it for presumably ripping off Warcraft, not disliking the style in general.

I actually liked the first game well enough, but that was due to the strength of the gameplay, and in spite of story and aesthetics. But yeah that artstyle is pretty hideous. Never played 2. How does it compare to 1?

A horse of course

I actually liked the first game well enough, but that was due to the strength of the gameplay, and in spite of story and aesthetics. But yeah that artstyle is pretty hideous. Never played 2. How does it compare to 1?
Played 2 without playing 1, it reminded me of Soul Reaver.

Pretty weird comparison. DS2 has a very heavy action bent with skill-based combat and power level progression. Soul Reaver is effectively a platforming/puzzle game and the combat is more logic-based, often relying on environmental solutions, and boss fights themselves are just big timed puzzles.

Divinity: Original Sin

Pretty weird comparison. DS2 has a very heavy action bent with skill-based combat and power level progression. Soul Reaver is effectively a platforming/puzzle game and the combat is more logic-based, often relying on environmental solutions, and boss fights themselves are just big timed puzzles.

Actually, darksiders 1 is pretty much like the soul reaver series, specially Defiance.

A horse of course

Actually, darksiders 1 is pretty much like the soul reaver series, specially Defiance.

In the sense of being Zelda clones, maybe. Which is why DS 2 is far superior.

deama

Prophet

I think he was on about the graphics, as in the favourite colour being teal.

Beastro

Arcane

Legacy of Kain games are from the Zelda tradition of adventure games, Soul Reaver especially right down to being unable to fire projectiles unless at full health.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Watch the FORCE HOLLOW Trailer and see Fury in action in one of the forms she will acquire during the game!

The Force Hollow allows Fury the collection and precise focusing of energy into concentrated attacks. With Scorn taking on the appearance of a giant hammer, Fury can shatter her enemy’s defenses and inflict severe damage. Scorn can also act as a focal point for magnetic attraction--allowing Fury to draw in energy, rubble, and even enemies, before releasing it all in a single explosive burst. With great effort, Fury can even maintain this magnetic sphere to traverse walls and ceilings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom