Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I expected much more from it, doesn't really fit "warbringers" at all. This entire thing happened fucking 10 thousand years ago. I wanted to know what's she up to now, no just genesis story (and this genesis story doesn't feel complete at all).
7/10, still better than Sylvanas tho. Also, I liked visuals and direction, especially those few seconds when she's just standing still (swimming...?) with smug on her face, N'zoth probably just wanted to show her not to fuck with him and made her nervous on purpose. That's just my interpretation tho.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Oh, so all you have to do to rattle a Lovecraftian inspired ancient one is talk back to them and show them you're a strong independent woman that don't need no eldritch abomination.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, I was more concerned Blizzard would transform Azshara into a sympathetic villain. Blizzard showed her attempt to save her people, and then proceeded to have her sell them to Nzoth to strengthen her position/leverage. It did not go full retard in either direction in my opinion.

I found the Jaina warbringer to be disappointing, and the Sylvanas one to be okay. This one was the better of the three in my opinion.

Generic-Giant-Spider

They could have done N'zoth's depiction much better but I think the only time they did an Old God justice was with C'thun.

When C'thun would whisper to your character, his voice was great. It was aged, soulless and delivered with a chilling certainty. N'zoth is way too emotional by comparison, an Old God getting angry is just goofy as fuck.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Nzoth was the little bitch of the old gods. Cthun was good, but I thought Yogg Saron hit the right notes with the constant laughter.

J1M

Arcane
30 seconds of weak content delivered in 7 minutes. Thanks for not making it 10, I guess.

Also seems to cause some plot holes if N'Zoth can instantly race-change thousands of creatures. I guess they could include that in the raid to save the cinematic, but my impression was that the elves lived under the water via magic for hundreds/thousands of years and eventually mutated into a form that better suited their environment. Similar to trolls, satyrs, and other elves. This retcon is less interesting and less 'logical'.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
giphy.gif

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Competition is practically dead, no more WoW killers in sight, so this abomination still is going strong, and most likely will.

also dont forget about the "players" that buy it and then deinstall it a week later but will be back for the next expansion like all the ones before.

Can't really blame that either. The launch month is always the best period of the game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Lame that the Azerite equipment are now souldbound. I got another Mythic hat that I wanted to kickback to our Priest for being a champ but I couldn't. I threw it in the scrap-o-matic and got 2 pieces of regular BfA cloth. What a waste.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Lame that the Azerite equipment are now souldbound. I got another Mythic hat that I wanted to kickback to our Priest for being a champ but I couldn't. I threw it in the scrap-o-matic and got 2 pieces of regular BfA cloth. What a waste.

They are fixing that in next weekly reset and makes them shareable.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I reached 120 on my lock (guildie pressure). Destro feels very smooth and flexible. Grimorie of Supremacy and Dark Soul talents form an amazing combo.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Derp, so AP catch-up system is live and it's making a lot of people butthurt. I, like most people, thought that the earned amounts would stay the same and level ranges would be reduced thus resulting in level-ups if you had earned enough AP previous week. But no, your current AP gets scaled with the new cap so, while your progression % remains the same, at first glance it looks like you lost a bunch of AP. The math works out though and in the end it still is like in Legion - your earned % to level doesn't change and it takes less AP to reach next level.

So the system isn't retroactive and needs bunch of threads explaining the math just so people don't think they've lost AP (except they still think so). The only gain is smaller numbers to manage. Now I don't see a good reason to bother grinding it, unless they introduce some OP traits or when you're close to unlocking a new slot anyway.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I long for an expansion which doesn't have some idiotic piece of gear you have to "level up" as a gimmick and will become a glorified gray item in two years when the next one launches.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those items are Blizzard's response to the "we have nothing to do!" crowd. I doubt they'll remove them any time soon, seeing as they say Legion was the most popular expansion lately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom