Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here, there's a subtle nod to inclusivity: When the main character, V, wakes up in his apartment after a successful heist and a night of partying, the person who leaves his bed is a man.

So male character is a faggot :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems pretty obvious you'll be able to fuck whoever you want in this game, no? Both male and female characters will be bi.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a man in that scene because they just didn't create a new version of the intro for the demo.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems pretty obvious you'll be able to fuck whoever you want in this game, no? Both male and female characters will be bi.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if there's a man in that scene because they just didn't create a new version of the intro for the demo.

One thing is to be able to choose in the game who you gonna fuck and getting buttfucked immediately at start without any choice in the matter.

So I do hope its just due demo.

Sizzle

Arcane
If I had to venture a guess, they did it deliberately in order to throw a bone to the left-leaning gaming media (and score some brownie points after the entire "Did you just assume my gender?" Twitter episode).

It's a Polish company, and going by their past games - the odds of having you start our queer without any choice in the matter is really low.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Though it wouldn't surprise me if there's a man in that scene because they just didn't create a new version of the intro for the demo.

According with cd Projekt Red the game will feature one stands and even romance but characters involved will have their personal preferences when it comes to gender so it will be not a case like dragon age 2 "where everyone is bisexual".

The game will react accordingly also to your gender they provided an example about that.. They said one of the ripperdoc will act welcoming and polite if V will be a female (probably because he intends to bed her XD) and cold and uninterested if V will be a Male.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/23/cyperpunk-2077-differences-between-the-e3-and-gamescom-demos

CYBERPUNK 2077: DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE E3 AND GAMESCOM DEMOS - GAMESCOM 2018

Cyberpunk 2077 and the team at CD Projekt Red have brought their gameplay demo, initially shown at E3 2018, to Gamescom - with a few small but very important differences.

First and foremost, the new demo features a playable male character -- modeled to look like the one shown in the E3 2018 trailer -- while the E3 demo was locked to the female avatar. The demo audience was allowed to choose which gender they wanted to watch (both named "V"), and there were differences in dialogue and NPC interactions throughout each demo. We also saw, in the moment where V wakes up after a night of good ol’ fashioned debauchery, that both the male and female versions of the character have spent the night with a man, marking the first time we’ve seen one of the LGBTQA+ relationships that are possible in 2077.

Additionally, this updated demo showed a new path through the mission that was on display. During the E3 demo, V received a credit chit with 50,000ed (Euro-Dollars, the currency of the Cyberpunk world) from a Militech agent called Stout to purchase a stolen drone from the Maelstrom gang. Since Stout was tracking the boosted hardware, the chit had a virus on it that would damage the systems, and during that initial presentation, the Maelstrom gang attempted to use it, got burned, and immediately started a fight with V and her companion, Jackie.

During the Gamescom demo, however, V warns the Maelstrom leader -- an over-teched tough guy named Royce -- who thanks him for the heads up, delivers the spider bot and sends V and Jackie on their way. However, the Maelstrom gang makes the mistake of insulting V’s jacket (maybe his Cool stat wasn’t high enough) and Jackie offers to buy V a new, cooler jacket if they retrieve the now-virus-free 50,000ed cred chit. That means fighting their way through all of the cyberpsycho Maelstrom goons, but as we saw at E3, Jackie and V are more than capable of taking down a few booster gangers.

Additionally, after defeating an exo-suit, chain-gun armed Royce in a frenzied gunfight, we headed outside expecting to meet with Stout (as we had at E3), but instead found another Militech agent in her place. Apparently tapping into the Maelstrom network was her last-ditch effort to prove her value to Militech. Since we tipped off the booster gang to the malware on the chit, it seems as though Stout’s contract had been terminated (likely with extreme prejudice), serving as another example of the consequences that players could find themselves facing when we get our hands on 2077 for ourselves.

For more on Cyberpunk 2077, check out our play-by-play breakdown of the E3 demo, and why it’s important for CDPR that Cyberpunk was a tabletop RPG before becoming one of the most hotly-anticipated games of all time.

Dexter

Arcane
EuroGamer does a timely interview asking all the important questions: http://archive.is/iKroL
The one change the demo did have is you could now play as male V as well. I was interested to see that regardless of the gender you always seem to wake up in the morning with a male companion.

Weber:
In this demo at least you will always wake up to another man, so we can show different kinds of relationships will be part of the game, and players will be able to choose what kind of character they want to play.

Right, including the character creator which we got a glimpse of at the demo's start. How far along is that? Is the version we saw close to what we'll see in the final game or do you have a lot of options yet to add in?

Weber:
I think it reflects our intention for what we want to do but definitely it's still in development. I expect there will be changes, some more interesting things, but I would say it reflects our general intention for what we want to give you in the final game.

I ask because the option in it is to play as a male or female character type. If someone wanted to choose a character who was gender fluid, how would you portray that?

Weber:
You know, as an example in the character creation you can do that by not calling the type of body you choose 'man' or 'woman', but just title it 'body type'. And then from a male or female body type you can on this basis choose how to make your character.

I didn't write it down when watching the demo, but are they labelled 'male' and 'female' in there currently?

Weber:
I think the way it is right now, we're not saying either. We're basically showing it to you and you choose which of the bodies you have as the basis to then go on and make the character.

Beyond the aesthetics, could you choose to have a different pronoun? Is that an option in the game?

Weber:
I honestly don't know yet. What I can say was that it was a part of Cyberpunk 2020 but how exactly we'll do it in Cyberpunk 2077 I don't know yet. But it is definitely a thing we are aware of.

I know plenty of fans who would appreciate that, and after all, you have a main character with a name that doesn't specify any gender.

Weber:
Well exactly. That's why we chose that name, because V works for male, works for female and we thought it would be a good option...

...for gender fluid as well?

Weber:
Yeah.

Gerrard

Arcane
“Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. while it doesn’t have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process.”

https://twinfinite.net/2018/08/cybe...ment-milestone-playable-from-start-to-finish/

True or fake??
The game was in "pre-alpha" on E3 and now it's "playable from start to finish". Makes sense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
EuroGamer does a timely interview asking all the important questions: http://archive.is/iKroL

The rest:

The big Cyberpunk 2077 interview

Gamescom provided my second chance to see CD Projekt's startlingly impressive Cyberpunk 2077 demo, and even a second time through I found myself again taken aback by the depth, detail and design of its neon-lit Night City.

A second viewing brought up some questions, however. A very different dialogue choice towards the end of the quest disappointingly brought about the same end result, and the fact we were seeing this vertical slice of the game again prompted its own queries.

And, since its initial announcement at E3, excitement around the game has been tempered somewhat as fans of the genre have begun wondering how accurately CD Projekt will reflect the diverse classes and character options of both the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper game, or how it will deal with topics such as transhumanism that are at the heart of the cyberpunk genre in general. A recent, now-deleted tweet from the developer which referenced a transphobic meme did absolutely nothing to help matters.

And so it was I sat down with Philipp Weber, Cyberpunk 2077's senior quest designer, minutes after watching the game's demo again.

It was great to see that demo again, although I was a little disappointed with one of the choices at the end. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say we had the option to fight a certain gang but declined - whereas when I saw the scene at E3 we just went straight into the fight. But instead of walking away, they insulted us and we... ended up fighting them anyway. Are these really the only options, or is this just for the demo?

Weber: The demo is a mission which will appear in the game but we'll probably make changes to that, and will probably give you more choices. In the final game you'll be able to walk away. As a quest designer though, when you fight you get so much content, you get that boss fight, if you decide to walk away... what's the interesting thing I can give you? Players who fight get the boss fight. Narratively if he's still alive and he's an important guy, I guess he can come back at some point, whereas if you kill him here he's gone.

Another big part of your character in the pen and paper game is the danger of developing cyberpsychosis, which is referenced in the demo. Is it a gameplay mechanic in 2077?

Weber: So I can definitely say it will be part of the world, part of the story... but as for how it will affect the player, I can't really say. In Cyberpunk 2020 it was a gameplay system and if you used too much cyberwear you could get cyberpsychosis which would essentially be Game Over for you. It can't really work like that in our game because it would be too frustrating if it was just 'Game Over'... I can't say how we're handling it yet but cyberpsychosis is definitely part of the game.

Do you have an answer but you're keeping it under wraps, or is it that you're still deciding how to implement it?

Weber: We have an answer for it but I think we're still in the phase where we're thinking how are the interesting ways to actually use it. We have an idea but, what are the avenues where the idea is convenient?

There are lots of futuristic video games which deal with dystopian futures and big corporations being the bad guy. Fewer deal with transhumanism. Where does Cyberpunk 2077's focus lie?

Weber: I think our game deals with both equally. Our Cyberpunk game has all of Night City, which is the place where Cyberpunk 2020 already took place so we want all of those things in there. All of those aspects are part of Cyberpunk so we can't ignore them. Cyberpunk as a genre has always been political, in terms of there being a few big people at the top and many many people on the bottom. And you are one of those people on the bottom. So for us it is important to have the corporations in the game, to talk about how they shape society and the future.

But the individual part is important to us too - how human you still are when you change your body. Look at the gang in the demo - whose entire goal is to lose their humanity and become machines. We're trying in every quest to have these themes and since you can always choose in the game how to deal with them, you can choose whether you want to fight the people on top or become more like them.

Another big part of the cyberpunk fantasy is netrunning - how far will you let players take that in the game?

Weber: We have the fluid class system for you to choose which skills you want, so you don't have to pick netrunner at the beginning but you can choose those skills from the skill tree. If you want tech skills as well you can have those. If you want to say 'well, I just want to play Cyberpunk as a netrunner' and you want to spend all your skills there, we want to design quests in a way that you feel like you're playing it as a netrunner. It won't be that instead of kicking open a door you hack it open instead, no. We're trying to make it interesting so the netrunner really has a different path.

The fantasy of the netrunner is they can almost use the net like magic. Of course, first you have to get into the network of wherever you are, but once you are in there you are in control. If there's a security facility - you don't need to be afraid of turrets, you can turn them on your enemies while you are back there sitting safe. So this way you can have that fantasy - but the important part is we don't want to get to a situation where we are saying 'the netrunner is the guy who cannot fight'. We want to give you as a netrunner interesting skills, so if there is combat you can use those skills in an interesting way.

How far do you want to allow people to take their skills in general?

Weber: Well in the pen and paper RPG there were people who would change their appearance so much they look like dragons. That would be something very difficult for us to do... but we try and go as far as possible. Like with the gang in the demo - you see people with whole limbs and body parts replaced, people who don't really look like humans at all.

You mentioned all of Night City being in the game - how do you add the kind of variety seen in The Witcher's fantasy world to a single city area?

Weber: The demo isn't the first quest in the game but it is near the start of the game which all takes place in the same part of the city, Watson. We want to lead you round the city and Watson is a multicultural district and the first quests start happening there before we lead you anywhere else. The city is open, so you could go wherever you want, but we want to give you this narrative line to follow so when you do branch out you know what some of the names and concepts are. It's a balance - for new players to enjoy it as well as fans of Cyberpunk 2020.

It is a cyberpunk city so the different districts are very different to each other. There are the multicultural parts, which feel like a completely different part to the corporate district with the grey sky-high buildings, or District Pacifica which is in ruins and run by gangs in the skeletons of buildings. The city is a realistic, big place but you also have an area around Night City... I can't talk in detail about what we want to do there and what it might look like but there are definitely areas of Cyberpunk where there's not buildings everywhere, there's not crowds, where maybe we can show somewhere different.

So when you get to the city's walls, or boundary, you can go beyond that?

Weber: You can still go a little... well, not a little, you can go some way further. Of course there are natural limits to it at some point but it's not just the city.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Thanks for leaving virtue signalling out.

Cyberpunk 2077 – CD Projekt on Night City, its buildings, NPCs, and the deserts and mountains beyond

Towards the start of Cyberpunk 2077’s gamescom demo, lead character V awakes in her apartment and pulls back the blinds.

As light shafts penetrate the room, we get our first glimpse of Night City – all neon and metal, dozens of skyscrapers jostling for space among the noodling highways and cross-section back-alleys.

This is V’s first apartment and it acts as your hub until you purchase another property in one of the game’s six districts. While stuffed with detail, it isn’t exactly lavish. It is located right near the top of a megabuilding, a superstructure built to pack in Night City’s residents and solve the housing crisis of the future.

Leaving your apartment isn’t a case of clicking the door, watching a loading screen, and appearing on the city streets. Instead, you put on your jacket, walk out the door, and find the massive industrial elevator to take you all the way down, past the boxing gym, shops, and apartments housed in the block. The megabuilding seems almost like a level in itself.

During the demo, we’re taken through abandoned factories, into the dam, and through the city streets, both on foot and by car. The attention to detail is impressive, with hundreds of different NPCs milling about, cars cruising by, crime scenes being attended to, and steam hissing up from the sewer grates. On the side of one building, a neon tree juts out, its glowing leaves drifting to the ground. The person playing the demo walks past like it’s nothing.

The Witcher 3 was detailed, but Cyberpunk 2077 is on another level. This, in part, is because of the new perspective – you’re more likely to notice something looks off from first-person, so CD Projekt has crammed Night City with character. Even the NPC crowds walking the streets appear distinct despite their numbers, and the developer says each will have their own unique regime.

“Our community system is based around routines,” producer Richard Borzymowski tells me. “In certain parts of the city there are communities set up, they have their routines and they behave differently during the day and night. Districts that might be very lively during the day might be very empty during the night, which might influence you going there because there might be some other guys going around. You have to constantly think about what you’re doing at what time.”

Just like the blacksmiths of The Witcher 3 who serve you during the day and return home during the night, Night City will have its own rhythm. “Some people are [shopping] for groceries, calling people, etc,” Borzymowski explains. “We aim for a realistic city. To create a realistic city environment, you need the blood of the city which is the population, otherwise it would feel empty.”

Because Night City is a global metropolis, you will meet people from all walks of life. It’s a multicultural hub and will be a melting pot of various cultures, which allows the developer to expand on the variety promised. It’s all about creating a believable space, a “realistic city” that feels alive. This ethos even extends to the interiors, where level design intersects with the environmental team to keep areas believable. CD Projekt call Cyberpunk 2077 an RPG, but there’s more than a flash of the immersive sim to its design process.

“We want to make sure each situation is approachable in different ways for the many different builds the player might have,” Borzymowski says. “They have to be able to enter in any way, and they have to be able to complete it. This is certainly a challenge for us, but we are building level design around two things. We want to keep every location realistic – we don’t want to build big mazes that don’t feel right. An office space is an office space. On the other hand, we have to implement all the gameplay systems into them as well.”

Every interior not only has to act as a space to accommodate both stealth and combat, they also have to appear lived-in.

“The level design team is very strongly cooperating with the environment team,” the producer continues. “We are building the first blockouts based on level design, we are providing the first locations in order to implement walkthrough, but we also need to think about how those locations need to be passed onto the environment team.

“That means we need to make sure what the environment team does is consistent with the location we create. Otherwise, we give them something that works scenario-wise but they say, ‘Hey, guys, this is an old factory and they tend to look like this, so we need to extend the corridors, add additional rooms’. We’re adding toilets, we’re adding receptions, we’re adding back areas. Otherwise a nightclub isn’t a nightclub. No nightclub in the world has just a dancefloor.”

Because the city is split into different districts, the developer is attempting to give each its own distinct flavour as well. Each area will feature different architecture – some will be affluent, some will be poor – different NPCs will walk the streets, and different cars will zoom by. If you listen to the sound of the city, you will even notice different languages appear more often in the various districts and the residents of each prefer different genres of music.

“All of that adds to the ability to distinguish between each district,” Borzymowski explains. “We want the player to feel they’re in a district even without looking at their compass. It’s a big city, people tend nowadays to use GPS, but we’re building it in such a fashion that the player should always have a point of interest in sight so they can orient themselves. It’s not always a big building, sometimes it’s a hill or the mountains on one side, the sea on the other side.”

Just like in The Witcher 3 when you first get to Skellige and you realise there’s more to this game than the one massive landmass you start on, Cyberpunk 2077 will also feature areas beyond Night City and its many interior locations.

“It’s the city and there’s a certain degree of the outskirts of the city as well,” Borzymowski says. “We are not putting an invisible wall after the last building in the city because it would completely break immersion. The city is located on the West Coast in California, there is a desert, there might be something else, and we have the sea on the other side.”

If the finished product is in line with what we’ve seen behind closed doors, Night City and the spaces beyond will be as dense as they are vast. Personally, I can’t wait to pull back the blinds, bask in the morning glow, and imagine what adventures await me in the city below.
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/25/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-buildings-npcs-deserts-mountains/

"These systems work both ways, too, of course. Enemy NPCs and characters can hack into your brain, which impacts your HUD display, distorting elements ... Of course, your stats and skills with play a part too, when it comes to hacking and counter-hacking. "

WEW LAD. Watch your back for netrunner stealth-infantry or you gonna get raped!

Big Wrangle

Enemy NPCs and characters can hack into your brain, which impacts your HUD display, distorting elements ... Of course, your stats and skills with play a part too, when it comes to hacking and counter-hacking.
Holy shit dude my legs will be OK!!!!

Haha, even on Eurogamer, the comments under that interview are like 70%, why the fuck did he ask so many questions about gender fluidity?

Luka-boy

Arcane
Enemy NPCs and characters can hack into your brain, which impacts your HUD display, distorting elements ... Of course, your stats and skills with play a part too, when it comes to hacking and counter-hacking.
Oh god YES no.
142067651053l5ch5.png

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Ok a quick update the stream of the code on twitch are keys used to redeem games in gog.com and not only old games but even newer ones.. i got witcher 3 game of the year ediction 3 times in a row... Also dragon commander codes..And many other game... But sadly most of the codes are taken right now

All you have to do is lurk in the code..

And and search for 5letters and a number.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Also seems the code itself could lead to a PNG image... There is also to consider recently some gaming sites reiceved a mysterious mail with a livestream happening around the 7CET about something big to be revealed.. Many are speculating this reveal is tied with cyberpunk 2077 but so far those are speculation and the odd things is this gaming sites.. Some are German and some are italian are not talking directly on what will be in the big reveal.

Sources:
https://multiplayer.it/notizie/misterioso-annuncio-seguitelo-con-noi-diretta-dalle-1845.html
https://www.everyeye.it/notizie/str...omeriggio-commenteremo-in-diretta-341463.html
https://twitter.com/TheRocketBeans/status/1034070361330143232
https://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2...etta-misterioso-streaming-annuncio-importante
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming-live/tv01.htm
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyb...t-bisher-nur-codezeilen-zu-sehen,3333955.html

Reddit THread: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...mething_big_is_gonna_be_revealed_at_7_pm_cet/

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom