Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire will also get cheaper if enough people wishlist it

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Golden Era Games; Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Over a year ago, Cleveland Mark Blakemore shocked the universe by actually releasing Grimoire. That was all well and good, but releasing a game is one thing, selling it is another. Unsurprisingly, the unwashed masses on Steam didn't react too enthusiastically to a mid-90s Wizardry clone being sold for $40. Despite vowing he would never do such a thing, in April Cleve permanently reduced Grimoire's price to $35. Now, in anticipation of the game's major V2 update (which will totally be out any day now!), Cleve has taken a page out of Brian Fargo's book and is offering to permanently discount Grimoire if a sufficient number of people add it to their wishlists. The game's latest news update on Steam has the details:

The second release of Grimoire at the one year anniversary of the game's release is progressing well! Brand new inventory workshop (see and sort all items, now apply all special crafts for classes) is done and extremely helpful during gameplay, almost changes the whole experience! In addition to new regions, new NPCs, new story lines, new enhancements to gameplay and two new title screens!

Many players have complained about the high initial price of Grimoire compared to other roleplaying games on Steam. We are considering a major price discount at the release of V2 and you can help decide what it will be!

Before we release V2, we will set the sale price according to the wishlist volume on Steam according to the figures below!

Permanent & Sale price reductions at launch of V2 :

10K Wishlist = $29.95, Sale Price $24.95
25K Wishlist = $24.95, Sale Price $19.95
50K Wishlist = $19.95, Sale Price $9.95
100K Wishlist = $9.95, Permanent & Sale Price

If you want lower the price permanently on the Steam store both for V2 and any future updates, you can help by getting your friends to wishlist the game and encouraging other Steam users to wishlist it. This is a chance to make the game affordable permanently for diehard fans of turn-based old skool roleplaying games!

Keep watching this page for further updates on our progress on V2, it is going to be even more awesome than the first release of Grimoire - if that can be imagined !!!
I must admit that I'd assumed that after finally releasing Grimoire, Cleve would be happy to move on with his life. In retrospect, it should have been obvious that he'd never let go. I guess that's not a bad thing for us, though. If you don't already own the game, head on over to Steam now and hit that wishlist button.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The Golden Baby descendeth from the heavens to bestow blessings of incline upon the unwashed sap masses. But will they embrace this divine gift or reject it and sink back to their grimy nests to drink tap water, watch televitz and pop moles in battle royale?

Au Ellai

Educated
I'm assuming it'll be released right after the manual which is just right around the corner serious guys it's almost done you'll have it next weekend for reals.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Cleve is wrong for even *considering* lowering the price of this masterpiece.
The general masses are just not ready!
Average Steam user starts Grimoire:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
I suspect Cleve's wishlist targets are as fabulously optimistic as his initial crowdfunding goals.

Am a bit butthurt that there are only two new title screens though. Know your audience Cleve!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom