Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I will keep you updated bros :salute:

Essegi

Cipher
Update #29
It’s a long way to beta

CZ version here

Dear friends, players, backers and all fans of fantasy and roleplaying. After a really long time we finally forced ourselves to write down update article. But no need to worry, we had pause only in writing updates, not in writing code.

But now about game itself. As stated in previous updates, going from alpha to beta is a long run. One of most important and time-consuming parts is tweaking a reworking lots of game mechanics and features. In alpha lots of things was “hard coded”, so it was easier to show up something playable, but now we have to take another approach - the right one. That means to have everything easily editable and tweakable, so we can test already during development. For that we use internal editor, we made in Unity. You could see some examples in the past, and today, it won’t be different

Right now, our editor is composed of two parts. First part is known to people that are watching us on regular basis - it’s the one where designer is working on in game data. That means dialogs, quests, items, containers and other things.

Second module is visual and it’s working with graphic and environment. It’s using data from first module and connects then with in game environment, so player can interact with them.

You can see that in showcase video, where you can learn how we work with events - little scripts that are needed if we want to have game working. If anything is changed during your playing, most probably it will be caused by triggering an event.

As always, we have fresh portion of new visuals form in game locations. We are still working on creating and adding new locations so in the end, beta will have the scope we planned initially, and you will have something nice to play. “Green Hills” is side location of Condra, the pirate town, and below you can see how it looks.

Green Hills 01

Green Hills 02

Green Hills 03

Some locations, that we introduced in past articles, we reworked as well, and we will gladly share those changes. Last time, you could see our Abandoned temple, but we worked on it afterwards and changed it. Biggest improvement can be seen when you look at lights, which is very important for this type of locations.

Abandoned Temple 01

Abandoned Temple 02

Abandoned Temple 03

Abandoned Temple 04

Of course we are also working on good old dungeons (our game has word “dungeons” in its title so you would probably expect that). One of those can be seen below - classic cave, that every treasure hungry adventurer loves.

Cave in hidden swamp 01

Cave in hidden swamp 02

Cave in hidden swamp 03

Cave in hidden swamp 04

Next reworked location is Manto forest where we again tweaked lights and water. But we think that those changes are really important and everything looks more realistic.

Manto's Forest 01

Manto's Forest 02

Manto's Forest 03

Manto's Forest 04

For better picture, we created map-like diagram, where you can see locations that are more or less ready for beta and we are working only on details. If you remember alpha version, you can recall that we had only two locations in there - Manto and Manto forest. As you can see from this map, beta will provide much more. Just keep in mind that map is not complete and shows only locations, that are already done.

Beta - map locations

We are nearly at the end of this update, so we can take a look and brand new-location, that extends town of Condra. You will visit swamps, where you will wade through muddy waters, where you will be led by main story line, but there is couple of side quests and secrets as well. As you would expect from swamps, it’s not the safest surroundings and you will encounter lots of deadly challenges, from environment itself to fights with hungry crocodiles.

Grey Marshes 01

Grey Marshes 02

Grey Marshes 03

Grey Marshes 04

Grey Marshes 05

Grey Marshes 06

Grey Marshes 07

So that’s it for today, we would like to thank you for your favor and your understanding for delays in development.

On behalf of Team 21

Nefarit

translation: Lukáš

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
This game is a rollercoaster ride in itself. Every time I think the game is vapourware, they surprise me with an update. I cannot take the excitement, bros
:shredder:

Character faces are still :prosper:
The narrator has OpenTTD on his desktop :incline:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So no news or updates at all since August. I'm back to thinking it's probably
m1sY21j.jpg
. Will this join 'The Mandate' on the list of promising KS I backed that never get made?

Anyone heard anything from them?

grimace

Arcane

" Dear friends, players, backers and all fans of fantasy and roleplaying. After a really long time we finally forced ourselves to write down update article. But no need to worry, we had pause only in writing updates, not in writing code. "

Aug 24 2018

Having to translate from Czech to English takes 6 months. Minimum.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

" Dear friends, players, backers and all fans of fantasy and roleplaying. After a really long time we finally forced ourselves to write down update article. But no need to worry, we had pause only in writing updates, not in writing code. "

Aug 24 2018

Having to translate from Czech to English takes 6 months. Minimum.

Here's hoping that's what's taking the time. /Iwanttobelieve.

Cadmus

Arcane
naaah I believe in them! It will be the second Kingdom Come! lol joking but I smell goodness!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

Development News for Q1 2019
CZ version HERE

Hello friends, backers and all fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. After long delay, we have some news from development. As usual, there are multiple topics we will cover so get into it.

While playing, you will have to visit number of interiors. You will enter taverns, shops or houses of different NPCs. As we wrote in previous blog posts, interiors will be presented as 3D environments where you will not be able to move freely, but there will be interactive objects. You can click on innkeeper to start a conversation or sit down to a table with local gamblers. And (of course) you cut hole in pockets of incautious citizens. In this update we are bringing couple of screenshots of library, which you will visit during your play.

Picture 01 - Lim's library 01

Picture 02 - Lim's library 02

Picture 03 - Lim's library 03

Our programmers we also able to improve way in which game hexes are created. It’s not very notable for players, but for us, it’s great step forward, because hex generation speed was significantly improved.

Picture 04 - Hexes in Manto village

Picture 05 - Hexes in cave

Our animator is working hard and we would like to showcase some bear animations. You can take a peek on couple of different attack types and also how it will look, when you slay this beast. There will be several kinds of bears in DoA. From not so dangerous black bears and slightly more dangerous grizzlys to monstrous and horrifying cave bear.

Picture 06 - Bear animations

Last of our visual updates, we would like to show you brand new location, which is almost completely finished. It’s a side location of Manto and it’s called “Goblin fortress surroundings”. This location will contain few smaller dungeons and one larger for all brave adventurers...but we don’t want to spoil anything, so that’s all we want to say about it. And as we know - a picture is worth a thousand words.

Picture 07 - Goblin Fortress Surroundings

Picture 08 - Goblin Fortress Surroundings

Picture 09 - Goblin Fortress Surroundings

Picture 10 - Goblin Fortress Surroundings

Picture 11 - Goblin Fortress Surroundings

And one more thing, our main programmer Martin Miks is finalizing v2 of our internal editor tool, which should help us a lot and it will allow us to work lot faster, which means, game should be done in quicker pace and you will be able to play it sooner. Not much to show, but it’s good news anyway :)

On behalf of Team 21

Nefarit

Translated by Lukáš

grimace

Arcane
"you cut hole in pockets of incautious citizens"

I hope the English translation has this level of fun.

Let thievery and thuggery abound unbound!

Cadmus

Arcane
well, you can play "rogee" :))))
Im a fan already!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom