Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline V2 Full Throttle + Manual

cocorulverde

Educated
And we'll get all this extra incline for free? 2035 will be a glorious year.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just a dedicated inventory screen alone (hopefully sort-able) will motivate me to either start again from the beginning or pick up where I left off, at the valley's floor.

LootSeeker

Educated
Ah I remember when GRIMOIRE was coming out a year ago...

The legendary walk to McDonald's on the night of August 1, just before he was about to push the publish button on steam will go down as one of the defining moments in game development history.

Let's hope he doesn't go to McDonald's these days, because this time, he may not make it back
It's understandable http://mcriblocator.com I think this time though it might be a road trip instead of a walk.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hype:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1682545056881398189

WISHLIST DRIVE FOR V2 GRIMOIRE SALE PRICE!!

The second release of Grimoire at the one year anniversary of the game's release is progressing well! Brand new inventory workshop (see and sort all items, now apply all special crafts for classes) is done and extremely helpful during gameplay, almost changes the whole experience! In addition to new regions, new NPCs, new story lines, new enhancements to gameplay and two new title screens!

Many players have complained about the high initial price of Grimoire compared to other roleplaying games on Steam. We are considering a major price discount at the release of V2 and you can help decide what it will be!

Before we release V2, we will set the sale price according to the wishlist volume on Steam according to the figures below!

Permanent & Sale price reductions at launch of V2 :

(Spoiler below)
10K Wishlist = $29.95, Sale Price $24.95
25K Wishlist = $24.95, Sale Price $19.95
50K Wishlist = $19.95, Sale Price $9.95
100K Wishlist = $9.95, Permanent & Sale Price

If you want lower the price permanently on the Steam store both for V2 and any future updates, you can help by getting your friends to wishlist the game and encouraging other Steam users to wishlist it. This is a chance to make the game affordable permanently for diehard fans of turn-based old skool roleplaying games!

Keep watching this page for further updates on our progress on V2, it is going to be even more awesome than the first release of Grimoire - if that can be imagined !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm surprised that he is going to reduce the price permanently. He was vehemently against that before.

Anybody hyped for the game already bought it in the first place. Steam review is mixed (contrary to lot of these old-school nostalgia game). Zero doubt that sales probably have slowed down a lot.

Lower barrier of entry and new platform in GOG are probably what Cleve needs to rejuvenate interest in the game.

Parsifarka

Arcane
But Cleve said the price shall never go down to appease the sap masses, that Grimoire would remain a sublime peak above the mediocrity of the market. Of course he also said the game would be released in May 2013.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Yes yes yes, that feeling when you remember how you were keeping time in Fridays passed since Cleve announced GRIMOIRE release date, back when it was coming out in 2017... This week it's going to be the year 2018, 3 Fridays passed since GRIMOIRE V2 release date was announced.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What do devs get from the masses wish listing their games? More exposure on the store front? Lately a few devs have been asking for it, even promising to lower the base price if enough people do it...

bataille

Arcane
Just a dedicated inventory screen alone (hopefully sort-able) will motivate me to either start again from the beginning or pick up where I left off, at the valley's floor.

I'd continue my post-samhian abyss game on one condition only: no more 10% stamina drain every other tile while walking. This particular 'feature' almost drove me insane. Everything else is optional.

GandGolf

Augur
What do devs get from the masses wish listing their games? More exposure on the store front? Lately a few devs have been asking for it, even promising to lower the base price if enough people do it...

If everybody who wish listed the game actually buys it then the devs get a fair amount of money. On the other hand all those wishers could turn out to be cheap skinflints who just want somebody to give them the game for free. Still, Cleve does make a very tempting offer. Of course this all dependent on him actually coming out with version 2 and the manual so we could be waiting well into 2019...

Codex Year of the Donut
Users are far more likely to purchase items on their wishlist or have it gifted to them.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Users are far more likely to purchase items on their wishlist or have it gifted to them.

I know but does that really warrant a permanent decrease of the base price?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Why doesn't he just do a % off every year to keep Grimoire noticeable? I have a feeling the game's price, coupled with the nature of the game is making it invisible in the Steam marketplace.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Why doesn't he just do a % off every year to keep Grimoire noticeable? I have a feeling the game's price, coupled with the nature of the game is making it invisible in the Steam marketplace.

because ITZ coming.

LootSeeker

Educated
If I bought the game, how can I wishlist it again?
Well, you could always create a second Steam account and wishlist it for the cause. Personally, I keep two accounts: one for myself, and one for my nephew, whose Pokemon-laden mind would likely blow up if he were to play but 1 minute of Grimoire; nevertheless, the game will be wishlisted in his account.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom