Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You can skip like half the mobs but it doesn't do you much good when there's just so much trash that you have to clear anyway. I didn't mind too much while leveling my Orc Shaman (just hit level 120 on him), but it's a real chore at level 120 when you get nothing from killing trash. The entire instance is a real drag. Feels completely linear (I mean, they all are, but this one even feels like it). One of the worst and laziest dungeons I've seen in WoW for sure.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I understand, Motherlode looks like a complete slog. I do, however, enjoy Shrine of the Storm and Tol'Dagor so far. Although those dungeons are linear, the trash encounters appear far more compact than what I just read about Motherlode.

Keshik

Arcane
Alliance zones are all pretty cool, music is great as well but that has been the case since MoP. Shame professions seem so...underwhelming. Engineering is the bastard step child again, I get to make crappy grenades that have a cast time (heaven forbid they be useful in PvP :P ) and take up far too many mats to level up. I hear blacksmithing is similar, where you'll end up making gear inferior to what you get from entry dungeons.

Generic-Giant-Spider

In Tol'Dagor if you play/have a Rogue you can skip a lot of areas by lockpicking the various gates. On the second boss if you lockpick all the prisoner cells beforehands and kill the trash in there you completely bypass a phase of that fight.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
In Tol'Dagor if you play/have a Rogue you can skip a lot of areas by lockpicking the various gates. On the second boss if you lockpick all the prisoner cells beforehands and kill the trash in there you completely bypass a phase of that fight.

Bigger CnC in class choice than PoE! WoW is the true RPG all along!

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
If I recall correctly, there also is a Scroll of Unlocking consumable from inscription that opens locks up to 600 level. I am not sure if that is high enough for Tol'Dagor. Inscription also has group buff scrolls for stamina, intellect, and attack power in case your group is missing that buff.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Engineering is the bastard step child again, I get to make crappy grenades that have a cast time (heaven forbid they be useful in PvP :P ) and take up far too many mats to level up. I hear blacksmithing is similar, where you'll end up making gear inferior to what you get from entry dungeons.

Yeah, right? Can't have engineering be useful in unrated battlegrounds, b/c that would be unfair, but they'll let mythic raiders use stats from their gear that makes them 5x stronger than non-raider.
Can't make crafting professions useful, because raiders will cry that they spend hundreds of hours grinding bosses for only slightly better gear :'( :'(

You play the game exactly the one way blizz wants you to and if you don't they'll nerf and ban you

Generic-Giant-Spider

I miss when professions used to have all sorts of cool stuff that had a use. There was a leather chestpiece only leatherworkers could make that was like level 30 but had this effect whenever you were attacked you had a chance to put an enemy to sleep. It was godlike for Druid flag carrying.

But such out of the box tactics have no place in the narrow corridor progression that WoW has devolved into.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did the Siege of Boralus Mythic dungeon. I was p lazy and didn't touch any Mythic dungeons in Legion so this is all new to me. I'm pleasantly surprised at how challenging Mythic difficulty is. It's like doing old school vanilla dungeons again. I think I need to find myself a static group for this stuff. Shit is a hundred times more fun than raiding.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah that's what I most dislike about current WoW - you have to reach level cap, do normals and heroics and only then you can do content that isn't completely brainless. Was doing mythics yesterday and was taken aback when someone suggested doing CC :M

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah that's what I most dislike about current WoW - you have to reach level cap, do normals and heroics and only then you can do content that isn't completely brainless. Was doing mythics yesterday and was taken aback when someone suggest doing CC :M

I actually had to summon my Succubus to charm some trash mobs and for the final boss I had to summon my imp so I could remove a debuff from myself because otherwise there was too much pressure on our healer. Felt really good tbh. Having to use my tools for once in a long time.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Ok so I'm bad at logic so maybe I'm wrong but the BFA catch-up system seems to be way better/fair than what we had in Legion?

By decreasing the level costs every week (instead of increasing AP rewards) it's now worthwhile to keep grinding AP even when the requirements get too high, right? Let's say lvl 18 is current soft-cap so you grind to that level. In a few weeks your AP actually puts you at the new soft-cap of 20, while non-grinders have it easier to get to lvl 18 (and they can't overtake your AP by doing 3 quests that give thousands of AP now or something).

Yeah that's what I most dislike about current WoW - you have to reach level cap, do normals and heroics and only then you can do content that isn't completely brainless. Was doing mythics yesterday and was taken aback when someone suggested doing CC :M
I haven't played WoW since WotLK but it was exactly like that 10 years ago. I don't know why people actually still play this.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Not true, we did Mythic Dungeons right away without going normal/heroic first.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I started to level my affliction lock and it already is a much better experience than Legion. I actually have buttons to press and I am not merely waiting for soul shards to generate only to dump them into Unstable Affliction and repeat.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I started to level my affliction lock and it already is a much better experience than Legion. I actually have buttons to press and I am not merely waiting for soul shards to generate only to dump them into Unstable Affliction and repeat.

But that's.. exactly what an Affliction Warlock does :M
t. I main Affliction Warlock

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

But that's.. exactly what an Affliction Warlock does :M
t. I main Affliction Warlock
That is a part of it, but now we have Deathbolt and baseline Darkglare. Plus, there is a reason to take Haunt and Phantom Singularity. There are cooldowns and spell combinations to actually watch for now other than Unstable Affliction dumps and Reap Soul. I thought Legion was a low point, especially relative to WotLK affliction.

Sentinel

Arcane
wMDeY8v.png

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I am starting to think this game and the expansions will outlive me at this rate.

3.4 million copies is not what I expected.

gruntar

Augur
Competition is practically dead, no more WoW killers in sight, so this abomination still is going strong, and most likely will.

Cromwell

Arcane
Competition is practically dead, no more WoW killers in sight, so this abomination still is going strong, and most likely will.

also dont forget about the "players" that buy it and then deinstall it a week later but will be back for the next expansion like all the ones before.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

also dont forget about the "players" that buy it and then deinstall it a week later but will be back for the next expansion like all the ones before.
:negative:

.... it's not easy. The itch is strong every time. And sometimes you just need to scratch.

You know what is even more stupid?
The only thing I like about MMOs is leveling and exploring, the "end game" I couldn't care less about. So what I used to do is create a new character once some expansion comes out, play it for a few weeks, probably not even reach the expansion content and get bored :lol:

Realizing that is what kept me from buying the last one or two expansions.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You know what is even more stupid?
The only thing I like about MMOs is leveling and exploring, the "end game" I couldn't care less about. So what I used to do is create a new character once some expansion comes out, play it for a few weeks, probably not even reach the expansion content and get bored :lol:

Realizing that is what kept me from buying the last one or two expansions.

You missed out on WoD since that expac dropped the ball on end game but had the best leveling and exploration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom