Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, someone should remove most CC abilities and modify others to give immunity. That seems possible with modding.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So, someone should remove most CC abilities and modify others to give immunity. That seems possible with modding.
Yeah, and now you're going into a rabbit hole that's just going to be fucking around with all the interconnected systems and abilities. Like Strange Fellow said, there's no easy way out of this mess. And if you're going to do a complete overhaul of the skills/abilities in the game to get rid of the armor system, you might as well just create an actual, functioning and good system instead of reinventing the band-aid.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep, not to mention that CC abilities are the core of the series. Take away most of those, and you take away most of the point of playing the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://gamasutra.com/view/pressrel...to_its_August_31st_Launch_in_the_Americas.php

Take a Final Glimpse of Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Prior to its August 31st Launch in the Americas

One of the most expansive and immersive RPG experiences is just around the corner from launching and today, we’re excited to share a final glimpse of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition ahead of the game’s release on August 31, 2018 for the PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One in the Americas.

Today’s trailer features a look at the detailed character creation mechanics, where players can choose from six unique origin plots, as well as additional footage of crafting, conversation choices, and a taste of the game’s newly expanded dialogue – also featured in the game’s completely re-written third chapter.

Players also get a look at battle gameplay, including all new moves, spells, and environments to exploit against enemies’ weaknesses. In addition, the trailer also delivers a look at Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition’s split screen co-op and revamped Arena Mode which features solo gameplay, online multiplayer PVP, and pass-the-controller Hot Seat mode. Arena Mode also introduces 16 characters to the game, including some first-time playable characters such as Malady, Zandalor, and Radeka, each with their own unique set of skills and abilities.

Developed by Larian Studios, Divinity: Original Sin 2 for PC won PC Gamer’s 2017 Game of the Year award and a 2018 British Academy of Film and Television Arts award (BAFTA). Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition is a completely upgraded game, with thousands of tweaks and lifestyle improvements to create the ultimate console experience; including split-screen co-op and a completely rewritten third chapter, as well as beautiful 4K and HDR ready graphics.

Lastly, those who pre-order Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition will also receive the Sir Lora DLC at launch. The DLC features brand new squirrel companion, Sir Lora, who requests your help from the Knights of Drey, an order of furry knights who believe in the coming of the Great Acorn. By recruiting this runaway squirrel, players will unlock skill-crafting recipes and most importantly, they will get the opportunity to dive deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Great Acorn!

Head over to the following YouTube link (ready for embedding) to see the adventure that awaits everyone in Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition: https://youtu.be/xQKEp8bv_rw

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I made the same observation a while ago, a lot of the things they do seem literally aimed at small children.

Codex Year of the Donut

Larian's target audience is about twelve years old judging from the video.

I made the same observation a while ago, a lot of the things they do seem literally aimed at small children.
tAgBSSo.jpg

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
My biggest issue was the huge jump in gear power level per level. Is this addressed in the console version?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Women who look like men are great and pander to the Roguey audience. If you want someone more feminine, there's the long necked edgelord. :smug:

Reinhardt

Arcane
So is it gud? Should i play basic or upgraded version?
Backed game years ago but never launched.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom