Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
O5ZxIEA.png

:despair:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly, I am not sure if I want to know anything more than I know right now about Cyberpunk 2077. I would prefer to go into the game as blind as possible (apart from gouging my eyes out), but I will probably give into the hype and watch every teaser released.

Theldaran

Liturgist
No one gives a shit about this game... There are probably more posts on this forum about BLACK GEYSER than about this game.

I feel like the Witchers are heavily overrated and, while Cyberpunk can potentially sell as good as those or even better, it shouldn't affect the people in this forum much.

Even the Cthulhu adaptation looks better than this. This is even tarnished by the SJW shit apparently. So much for CDPR.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here comes the news: https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2...been-ready-to-share-e3-demo-footage-publicly/

Cyberpunk 2077 dev has 'just not been ready' to share E3 demo footage publicly
"I'm looking forward to showing it to more people."

In June, Cyberpunk 2077 topped the PC Gamer Best of E3 2018 awards. Here's everything we know about CD Projekt's next RPG—which includes a link to the leaked audio from its E3 gameplay demo. Footage of that is yet to be released to the public. Speaking to our Samuel at Gamescom, the developer has spoken about why we've been kept in the dark.

"We've just not been ready to do it," quest designer Patrick Mills tells us. "We wanted to go ahead and show the demo off, see how [the media] respond to it, build up an appetite for that, and, you know... someday."

CD Projekt Red is showing off a similar closed doors demo to the press and influencers at Gamescom this week, which contains subtle tweaks to what aired in June.

"The biggest difference between what we had at E3 and now is that at E3 we were showing our female protagonist, and in this one we're showing our male protagonist," says Mills. "Additionally, there are some other small changes to how the situation gets resolved with the gang and all of those things. So, some small differences just to show how you can play through the game differently."

When pressed about when we might see the demo in motion, Mills adds: "I don't know, I couldn't say." He does however speak to the sense of mythology that now surrounds the elusive footage.

"I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was deliberate or not. I do think that it's been interesting to see and hearing people talk about the E3 demo: 'did you see the E3 demo?' This is actually very humbling, because while we believe this is good and we're very proud of it and we've worked very, very hard on it, we were not quite sure what the reaction was going to be to showing it like this.

"But, yeah, I've been glad to see the response and I've been glad people are excited about it. I'm looking forward to showing it to more people too."

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2...itcher-3-in-terms-of-playtime-and-complexity/

Cyberpunk 2077 quests similar to The Witcher 3 'in terms of playtime and complexity'
Logic is key.

Our Cyberpunk 2077: Everything we know about CD Projekt's next RPG roundup suggests The Witcher 3 dev's latest will be huge. The latter game's sophisticated and intricate quests were one of its most redeeming features, and it seems CDPR's next outing will follow suit.

Speaking to Samuel at Gamescom, quest designer Patrick Mills says logic was crucial while crafting The Witcher 3's DLC quests. He says he and his team would often ask themselves if certain in-game actions made sense—both in relation to quests and the game's overarching plot.

"You've got a quest giver, you've got a person over here—but you could just go straight to that second person and take the quest from them and do it that way?" says Mills. "[The process] has gotten even more complicated in Cyberpunk—there are more multiple ways to resolve individual quests. Before, there were usually a few ways, a couple of decision points. Now there are whole different ways to play the quest.

"I'll say it's a lot of work—they're very, very complicated—but we try to think: if the player says, 'an I do this?' Then, yeah, actually you can, and then you deal with the consequences. That's part of choice versus consequence—don't just have that in the dialogues, but have it in the gameplay as well."

At this stage, Mills isn't able to determine how often Cyberpunk 2077's most involving quests pop up, but does liken them to The Witcher 3.

"What I would say is I'd expect something to similar to The Witcher 3," he says. "Particularly in terms of playtime and in terms of quest complexity. Specifically, I'd even look more at the expansions than The Witcher 3 base game because that's really where the quest design philosophy that we're using now came from—it was developed later in the expansions."

Mills underscores the importance of logic in relation to said design philosophy, before offering a Witcher-related example. For the sake of reference, the following is tied to this (slight spoilers, obviously).

"There was a quest, without getting into too many details, where you had to find a guy's paint, the paint had been stolen," says Mills. "When we were developing it, I remember going into the cave where the paint is supposed to be and the paint wasn't there.

"I signalled this as a bug and said the paint needs to be there—I need to be able to find the paint before the quest begins. And then you have to rewrite the whole quest around the fact that you can in fact find the paint before the quest begins."

As we reported earlier, Mills also told Samuel CD Projekt Red has "just not been ready" to share Cyberpunk 2077's elusive E3 demo footage publicly. There's a new, similarly-structured closed door demo at Gamescom this week, too. Here's hoping the dev lifts the lid on both sometime soon.

Keppo

Arbiter
No one gives a shit about this game... There are probably more posts on this forum about BLACK GEYSER than about this game.

I feel like the Witchers are heavily overrated and, while Cyberpunk can potentially sell as good as those or even better, it shouldn't affect the people in this forum much.

Even the Cthulhu adaptation looks better than this. This is even tarnished by the SJW shit apparently. So much for CDPR.

Its second thread, and Cyberpunk was heavily discussed during E3 there. Its not like there is much to discuss yet, we have short trailer and nothing more. We have 0 information about storyline also, so im not seeing any SJW bullshit also. I love Witcher series but at least from what information we have from gameplay/world design/exploration point of view Cyberpunk seems much more interesting on paper, we'll see about narrative and characters, but even with that their C&C and dialogue systems also seems much more interesting than in Witcher series. Honestly most of the changes they are making from the Witcher series seems positive.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cyberpunk... it shouldn't affect the people in this forum much.

What the fuck does this mean? Cut this generalist elitist crap that everyone on the codex is some hardcore old-school player who only play Might and Magic 3 and Wizardry 2. LOL, Cyberpunk shouldn't affect the people on this forum, we are above mainstream games like that.

Yeah, maybe check out the What games are you playing thread and then you can see that Codexians play the same crap as everyone else in the world.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those are screenshots from the E3 demo, apparently. See, you got to see it after all. :P

Last edited:

Theldaran

Liturgist
Its second thread, and Cyberpunk was heavily discussed during E3 there. Its not like there is much to discuss yet, we have short trailer and nothing more. We have 0 information about storyline also, so im not seeing any SJW bullshit also.

The "info" was from elsewhere. Apparently CDPR regards Cyberpunk as an "actively political setting", i. e. edgy. Plus, if they really wanna reach far with sales, they might be thinking about some SJW pandering, even though SJW don't buy games like at all, they're all talk.

J_C: Cyberpunk is a good PNP RPG, and it should catch the attention of this forum. For all we know however about CDPR's game, it aims to sell even more than Witcher. Expect some popamole. The games of the masses don't tend to sit well with Codex.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Well i truly believe their conference was a massive flop the forum is way more less active dead than how it should be and the most active thread is full of people complaining about the joke that was that interview..

In the end they teased this conference on twitter "We have something cool for you" and then they just answered questions already answered since the E3 and show some concept arts about the trailer we already saw.

Now they seems to be fallen in utter silence again.

THat was a really bad move by cd projekt part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this how they do marketing?

A teaser for a teaser for a teaser for a teaser for a trailer for a teaser for a Gwent wallpaper?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

This time i am afraid they went to far people are really super upset and the forum has not so much visits if not for people posting complains.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom