Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Been away awhile so has any of this transpired....

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Please state the exact specific quote from me, that states what you are saying about me?
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/rpg-codex-review.132355/page-4#post-1081490
With the lack of any professional journalism as well as any journalistic integrity most all reviews are completely garbage.
They on occasion bring up some valid points though from time to time.
Not sure if you meant the lack of professionalism and integrity among Codex reviewers, but you posted it in the Codex review thread, so...

That was in reference to general gaming reviews. As in, most all reviews are basically bullshit.

The Codex review was fine, and I get his Opinion. His article contained a lot of inaccurate information however.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Welcome Back Jaesun.

You might want to check out on Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 4 ; two games that finally returned to their roots and that I am sure you will enjoy.

I don't play any games from Bethesda or BioWare, because they make shit games. I'll pass.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
But FRUA is too clunky for modern users to use, and Dungeon Craft has pretty much failed.

You should pop over to the FRUA forums and tell all the users who are currently designing and playing in FRUA that it's too clunky. They'll be happy that you educated them in this regard; because they've been under the impression that it's pretty easy to use. I guess their 25 years of devotion have been completely wasted.

Also, I wouldn't call Dungeon Craft a failure. Given the amount of effort that goes into the project and how frequently it's being updated, I think you're selling it short.

Oh for fuck sakes... you should know by my own FRUA LP on the Codex and by my posts that I'm a die hard FRUA fanboy. However, I'm talking about modern users. Even most Codexers don't want to be bothered to load DOSBox, then run FRUA shell, then search around and download modules and load them into FRUA shell, and bother to transfer characters from one module to another. Even on this site you have people claim that NWN is a better for mods than FRUA, despite NWN having worse gameplay than both the Gold Box games and Infinity engine. FRUA would need an updated front end interface for modern users, and even then it would be hard for a lot of players to get used to the keyboard interface. We can jab about how they aren't hard core enough all day for the rest of us DOSBox lovers, but that's the truth of it.

Also, go here to the Dungeon Craft community for a thread on the numerous reasons DC is not taking off. A lot of their own websites have dead links to defunct communities.
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3579.0

Last edited:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Also, go here to the Dungeon Craft community for a thread on the numerous reasons DC is not taking off. A lot of their own websites have dead links to defunct communities.
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3579.0

I am actually one of the participants in that thread, so I'm well aware of it. That thread isn't about why DC isn't taking off, it's about why designers and players of FRUA don't use it more, which is a separate issue having to do with personal preference.

I often wonder why users of FRUA don't embrace the IceBlink Engine, but that doesn't mean that the IceBlink Engine isn't taking off.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Not much happened since you stepped out, but it's been what, a few months tops?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I often wonder why users of FRUA don't embrace the IceBlink Engine, but that doesn't mean that the IceBlink Engine isn't taking off.

The (in)activity in the IceBlink section over at ua.reonis.com certainly makes it look like IceBlink is dead...

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer

The (in)activity in the IceBlink section over at ua.reonis.com certainly makes it look like IceBlink is dead...

Unlike Dungeon Craft, the FRUA forums aren’t their main forums. I offered them an option to run a secondary forum there due to what I assumed would be a subject of interest to FRUA and DC users. Didn’t work out that way, though. You would have to ask the developers of IceBlink about how well they are actually doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom