Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The New World is now on Steam, gets its first trailer, releasing in Fall 2020

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Cool trailer but waaay too much text...
Explaining the setting properly is more important than dazzling the eye.

Hopefully the demo will also be present on GOG this time (just like it is with Shadow Tactics and a couple of other games).
It's up to GOG. Obviously, we have no objections.

Also, I forgot to mention that Mark Yohalem wrote the text for the trailer.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller the trailer serves its purpose very well, would be wonderful if you could share some more images and music in the coming months!
Some recent stuff:

tSf3utg.png

CVJ4CnN.png

Nate did over 20 concepts so far. The "throne rooms" for the main factions look majestic and very distinctive.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Will wishlist, tiny bit of feedback, I read at a normal-fast speed and I struggled to keep up with the pace of the reading while glancing at the pictures in the trailer. Can't wait!

Agreed. The video is too fast.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
2020 eh? So that means it will be delayed to 2025 and that means the final release will be 2030, if wonder if we will be alive by then ?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Honestly I was expecting a higher minimal required config. So it seems my old PC could run it (that plus Realms beyond are enough to make me happy). And only 5GO HD free space. Well done ITS !

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
re: trailer - it's fairly mediocre, but spending more time on the trailer means not working on the game. I don't see indie trailers as a good marketing tool (unless they feature cutting edge visuals), so we rely on hands-on experience instead (combat beta, full demo, early access). Our first marketing push will start when the combat beta is released. Then we'll do a new trailer.
How hard would it be to slow down the speed?

2020 eh? So that means it will be delayed to 2025 and that means the final release will be 2030, if wonder if we will be alive by then ?
Not if I can help it.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Cool trailer but waaay too much text...
Explaining the setting properly is more important than dazzling the eye.
If you insist on having all that text in the trailer, at least make it more bite-sized by cutting it into more screens, there really is too much text per screen on some of the longer ones (that goes away too quickly). Also I would argue that some of the info isn't really needed in a trailer, like who the hell cares what the names of the factions are (or how many are there) when watching a quick trailer, I even forgot them already.

Other than that the art, screens and the logo, just perfect.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
I think I will overcome my distaste for Sci Fi to play this. Looks set to be a sublime game

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think the ship should be named Trump Space Force 01.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom