Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Bitchute Embed Request

• Thread starter a cut of domestic sheep prime
  • Start date

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Since YouTube and virtually all other platforms have started intensifying their purges of wrongthink, can we get a Bitchute embed option?
Taluntain DarkUnderlord

Dexter

Arcane
I don't think they offer the functionality yet, they're talking about iFrames and copying video links to embed directly on their forums: https://forum.bitchute.com/index.php?topic=31.0

I'd also love to have the ability to embed some of the YouTube/Twatter Alternatives like BitChute/Gab, the only reason YouTube is so widespread is the ease of use and way to embed/share/watch.

Response I was given by the plugin guy when I asked about Bitchute, Gab and Minds (thought I'd ask about all 3 at once):
I'm not going to add any of them for the moment because I don't think they have reached a big enough audience yet but I'm keeping an eye on BitChute.com and will reevaluate later.

In addition, I don't think that BitChute currently officially supports embedding and Gab.ai does not seem to support embedding at all.

With that said, if you follow XenForo's media sites tutorial you should be able to manually create a media site for Minds on your installation.
I think he meant "for Bitchute" at the end and not for Minds. I can't seem to find anything on Minds embeds that doesn't autoplay. (For example.) He's right about Gab too.

Bitchute offers iframe embeds like YouTube.
Code:
https://www.bitchute.com/embed/{video id}
I'd probably be able to do this and give it a shot with Bitchute using their iframe embed, but as you all know, I am not an admin.

edit: updated my journal

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can BitChute be embedded in Twitter tweets? If so, you might be able to embed it in the forum through that.

Can BitChute be embedded in Twitter tweets? If so, you might be able to embed it in the forum through that.
Twatter is but another arm of the mega corp beast. They tend to ban wongthink, so it's not really a great option.

Plus I'd need another phone number to sign up again and they block all the free phone number for sms verification sites.

edit: ah, didn't see the option for email on signup. trying it now

Just tested. Nope, doesn't work. Just uses a thumbnail/link.

edit: lol and Twitter put my account in restricted mode and won't let me in without a phone number

Last edited by a moderator:

what's the reason we can't just embed regular mp4 videos?
1) not all phones can view mp4. the alternative is webm, but not all phones can read that.
2) We'd still need to modify the media sites plugin in order to parse the mp4 because we can't just post html to the forum.
3) Bitchute doesn't really do straight mp4. It's uses web torrents in order to download and share videos.

Stop using a Nokia 3310. Literally any Android phone today can read them, iphones are for faggits.
I'm not the one who pisses and moans about it. It's the non-iphone users - probably europoors. I use a faggit phone - which still can't play webm btw.

again though, irrelevant. Bitchute doesn't do straight mp4 hosting, it uses webtorrents.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Who Bitchute this is

holden_hr_ute_2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom