Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The New World is now on Steam, gets its first trailer, releasing in Fall 2020

Mustawd

Maybe he’s planning on an Eatly Access release?

Oh boy

giphy.gif

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
And on a serious note, what is the intended price of the game? 30$?
$29.99

Hey Mr Vault Dweller, i hope a GoG release is planned as well
Of course.

re: 2020 - the end of 2020 was the estimated release date from day one as we need 5 years to make a full-scale RPG. It was stated in one of the early updates back in 2016 so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

re: trailer - it's fairly mediocre, but spending more time on the trailer means not working on the game. I don't see indie trailers as a good marketing tool (unless they feature cutting edge visuals), so we rely on hands-on experience instead (combat beta, full demo, early access). Our first marketing push will start when the combat beta is released. Then we'll do a new trailer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
re: trailer - it's fairly mediocre, but spending more time on the trailer means not working on the game. I don't see indie trailers as a good marketing tool (unless they feature cutting edge visuals), so we rely on hands-on experience instead (combat beta, full demo, early access). Our first marketing push will start when the combat beta is released. Then we'll do a new trailer.

The animated concept art pieces in the trailer were pretty cool and more than I expected actually (see what the BattleTech intro cinematic did with that sort of thing - gorgeous)

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The guy did a great job animating the concept art, I agree. I meant mediocre from a marketing perspective.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuck marketing, if the game is good, it's good. Work on the game. Quality will sell itself. Obviously marketing has a part to play, but you're never gonna get to Beth or Bioware levels of marketing budget anyway, so best just to focus on the game, to make it the best it can be and the game will grow from there.

I am extremely hyped about this game, and cannot await the combat demo.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Cool trailer but waaay too much text, it needs to be cut like to a third, also more centered on the screen instead of the edges, and bigger font. Also I didn't have enough time to read all of that anyway.

MrMarbles

Cipher
Watched the trailer a few times and I like it more and more. The text - just like combat in ITS games - doesn't move too fast, you just need to git gud. Also appreciated this from the steam page:

"No one is certain the Ship will actually reach its destination, and nobody much cares, since no one alive now will live to see it. Might as well get on with your life and try to make the best of it."

It really makes for a good metaphor for the world. The older generations see that things are going to shit, but they won't live to see the consequences, so they say fuck it. Clearly, concern for your descendants is not enough to keep you from buying that new coffee grinder. This idea of the generation ship as a compact version of our own planet (and warring generations) was probably part of the plan, I haven't followed the board discussions closely, but well done:salute::salute:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The music could work for a Adeptus Mechanicus setting too.

I think the trailer is great at conveying the vibe of the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
In a world where everyone is up in arms because games at launch don't look as advertised in trailers, we now have "concept trailers" where by default a game looks marginally the same as concept art.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks great, and sets the mood perfectly. Definitely gonna buy it on GOG.

I don't know if others told you this already, but the text is too fast. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom