Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Ultima and Gold Box inspired RPG Code of the Savage is now on Kickstarter

Contagium

Savant
Patron
This game had me until...the combat. Hopefully it becomes way more fluid closer to release time. However, the graphics style, inventory, and open world is definitely my cup of joe.

mondblut

Arcane
in particular the Ultima and Gold Box series. The Ultima VI and VII influences are particularly obvious, though I'd also add that the game appears to be single character, with fast-paced combat similar to traditional roguelikes.

Remind me again what's gold box about this?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
in particular the Ultima and Gold Box series. The Ultima VI and VII influences are particularly obvious, though I'd also add that the game appears to be single character, with fast-paced combat similar to traditional roguelikes.

Remind me again what's gold box about this?
I wonder what part of this was influenced by the Gold Box games. I didn't really see anything reminiscent of them in the video.

The gold box games were not so much the inspiration game play, rather the fact that they were what got me into the fantasy genre. The old Eye of The Beholder games were largely the influence for the character portraits (although they don't look too similar). Also there is gold in the game, and boxes.

Is the dialogue content completed or are you planning on reworking/mastering or getting assistance from a writer?

Ranarama

Learned
What use does a savage have for dialogue interactions? Or are we not the titular savage?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom