Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The bond with your whores is crucial, and changes based on your treatment.

Some breeds are better suited for certain tasks.

Over time, the bond between you and your whores will grow, making them easier to control in tense situations.

Some interesting tidbits about the pimp side-missions.

Melcar 's next GOTY?

Stella Brando

Arcane
The official forums have been discussing whether RDR1 will reappear in RDR2.

I brought up having a 'punishment' (like a self-made avatar change) for the 'losers.'

It's like what has happened on this forum numerous times.

People are horrified by the suggestion, lol.

EDIT: If you write 'cuck' on that forum, the website replaces it with 'nice person.' I guess we know how they feel about that issue.

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
8.LITTLE-BIG-MAN.thumb.jpg.b9c7f1694aafcb7bf77f386383e5f13d.jpg

We should make a bet about the RDR 1 returning issue, with some kind of "punishment" for the losers.

For example, we could have a "I was wrong" image and the losers could use it as there avatar for a short time.

It's not a serious punishment, just for fun.

It really depends on the maturity of the people involved though, it won't work if some teenager is crying about being called wrong.

For the record I'm a Never-Go-Backer, I don't believe New Austin and Nuevo Paraiso will return (at least not the parts we already know).

What do you guys think?

photo-thumb-1067776.jpg

What do I think...?
I think we should all act like grownups around here. That's what we are, right? Most of us?
We're getting a desert. It's a great time for a cowboy to be alive.
Who cares where it's located?

TDWPMark, Derkovius, TheWhiteHat and 5 others like this

Alright.

We did things like this on a forum under Australian management. This kind of humour might be a little 'robust' for some of you guys.

I lost several times, and took the 'punishment.'

Avatar.thumb.PNG.bb3ed291dfa4afbc65080a14847f5208.PNG

Ah yes, the humor is just too robust for us, that's it. It has nothing to do with not finding it funny, constructive, or mature.

Just trying to be polite, mate.

pT4qgU88_bigger.jpg

You are currently restricted from posting content. This restriction will end on August 21, 2018.

Is this why I keep coming back to the Codex?

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
Some days ago I created this map and uploaded it to the official forums:

The heavy lifting was done by other people, I just filled in the bottom-right corner and labeled the countries.

And today, I watch this video and my map is in it! Pretty cool, huh?

(It's at about 20 seconds)

This is my magnum opus, boys. You can go ahead and put "Wild West Cartographer" on my tombstone.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Did anyone ever fall for this "the bigger the map the better" crap? (Don't answer, I know the answer. :negative:) Gothic 2 had a fraction of a map of Oblivion or Skyrim, yet the content is highly superior. For me, the bigger map just means that the content will be lower quality because it is harder to fill a huge map with quality content. Expect a lot of fedex missions, collecting shit and sightseeing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Did anyone ever fall for this "the bigger the map the better" crap? (Don't answer, I know the answer. :negative:) Gothic 2 had a fraction of a map of Oblivion or Skyrim, yet the content is highly superior. For me, the bigger map just means that the content will be lower quality because it is harder to fill a huge map with quality content. Expect a lot of fedex missions, collecting shit and sightseeing.

In case of Rockstar, the bigger the better, they always pack their maps with stuff, it's not Bethesda.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

In case of Rockstar, the bigger the better, they always pack their maps with stuff, it's not Bethesda.
I don't believe you.

Modron

Arcane

5 was quite bare-bones compared to previous GTAs, when game developers start marketing the size of their game rather than the content it should raise doubt upon the quality of the gameworld similar to how a rock band calling themselves a christian rock band should raises red flags.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Or when Canadians talk about the "Summer Olympics"* or say the weather is "plus thirty degrees."

These kinds of phrases serve a warning for normal people: Here Be Igloos.

* Just say Olympics, bro.

Last edited:
Edgy critics can kindly fuck off... This looks gorgeous, and considering how good the previous game was, it's almost guaranteed that the gameplay will be equally as awesome.

The gameplay was shit in Red Dead Redemption. Bad third person shooting, a worse melee system, and completely awful minigames in a game that's ostensibly just a collection of western themed minigames strewn about a open world. This new one sounds like it's making headway in making the terrible gameplay loop of the first Redemption better, and stuff like card games being part of the camp could mean that aspect of the game is better, (although we've yet to see any signs of that yet) but we still haven't seen anything to say they've improved the third person shooting and how you can approach bounty hunter missions. But yes, it's a very good looking game. Although the question still remains if it will actually be fun to play.

Gerrard

Arcane
I wonder if we'll ever get past the godrays that look like the air is filled with smoke/fog all the time.

Machocruz

Arcane

Also the way that Rockstar doles out content in their games. Imagine Morrowind if you had to do enough quests in Balmora to make all other quests around the world available. The way I see it if your world is going to be ridiculously large, you need to have some kind of storyline/questline content available all over the damn map, not mini-games and bobbit hunting. And core content/mechanics rule. If that isn't well designed or interesting, doesn't matter how big your map is.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I understand all these objections, but I still find the game addictive.

And it's not like Eastwood simulators grow on trees. What is RDR's competition? Outlaws?

It's competition is other third person shooters; other openworld games; and I guess other western games like Red Dead Revolver, Gun.Smoke, Sunset Riders, Desperados, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and Wild Guns. At least as a shooter I thought Revolver was the better of the two Red Dead games...liked its HUB, character designs, and death animations more too.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's competition is other third person shooters; other openworld games; and I guess other western games like Red Dead Revolver, Gun.Smoke, Sunset Riders, Desperados, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and Wild Guns. At least as a shooter I thought Revolver was the better of the two Red Dead games...liked its HUB, character designs, and death animations more too.

No, it has no competition. It will get perfect scores, it will outsell every other 3rd person action game past or present, it will have a raving community playing it for years both the single player and multiplayer game modes.

Will it have flaws? of course, but the rockstar playerbase is much like blizzard's, they dont care, they are there for the experience.

Machocruz

Arcane
Rockstar is beyond the concept of a "playerbase" at this point, which is why it has no competition. People who play no other video games come out of the woodwork for a big Rockstar release. They are at Disney level for video games pretty much. Although I don't think RDR2 will be anywhere near as big as GTAV given the setting and time period. Old West not as relatable to normies as modern, big city, crime story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom