Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ How did Site Feeding turn into such a shithole?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Does the OP present a good idea?

• Yes

• Yes, but I hate planetar too much to admit it

• No

• No, but I love planetar too much to admit it

• I have no opinion and I must vote

• I wish kingcomrade would start posting again ;(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

It's worse than GD in here, and unlike GD, this is in open access to everyone. Maybe clean up this forum a little bit, or better yet - move Participation Awards (almost all threads in the last 6 months or so) into the GD section (while keeping it open-access, so that noobs like Swampy_Butthole can entertain us with their clowning), and have a clean, serious Site Feedback forum for genuine issues with the site.

Blink

Prospernaut
Batshit Crazy
feedback turned to shit when ya gots people alg lioke tyranasaurs rex, neckbeard shitlord and byrce rome free

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's worse than GD in here, and unlike GD, this is in open access to everyone. Maybe clean up this forum a little bit, or better yet - move Participation Awards (almost all threads in the last 6 months or so) into the GD section (while keeping it open-access, so that noobs like Swampy_Butthole can entertain us with their clowning), and have a clean, serious Site Feedback forum for genuine issues with the site.
Said the man that made like 50 trollish threads......

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I warned you all that ITZ has begun since EA's Battlefront 2 fiasco happened.

ITZ is now in Site Feedback, slowly rotting away the core of the Codex.

But nope don't listen to DorkFartHurp.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
You guys wanna hear my theories on Blockbuster cinema vs serious cinema? I bet you do.

Ok. I've been saying since literally the 1st Tobey McGuire Spiderman that that was what Hollywood should be focusing on.

By that point, already, The Sopranos and The Wire were the best tv shows in the land, and they demonstrated incontrovertibly that TV could handle all of the heavy shit, no problem.

TV proved that it could replace the novel. Movies had always been a stand-in for the short-story.

People don't really like the brevity of short stories unless they're told in a really crisp manner. Like, for example, the way Poe did it.

Audiences wanted the violence and macabre aspect of Poe's writing, like they (kind of) get with shows like Criminal Minds,
but they also (the smart ones) wanted to live with the characters for as long as possible.

The Sopranos and The Wire delivered that.

Movies couldn't deliver that.

Nonetheless, people love a great thrill-ride...hence the rise of the super-hero movie. Especially the un-pretentious Marvel movies (which I fucking love, btw).

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Well that wasn't very original or particularly thought-provoking.

I'm worn out after a solid 5 hours of Warband.

I'm just here because I think most of you are quite smart and interesting, and we share a love of something that most people still think is stupid and autistic and worthy of mockery.

But I know you guys (most of you) are really fucking elite thinkers, and while I shit around drunkenly and provoke and prod.

There's nowhere I'd rather do it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It is a desperate subforum full of desperation. It is a space where people can hear you scream, will comment on the scream, but yet the scream will have no effect.

It is nerds complaining about other nerds, retards complaining about people being smarter than them and both of these make it impossible for sane people to communicate.

It is, in fact, quite ironic that retardation and high brow RPGs are the only thing worshipped in this place.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
It is a desperate subforum full of desperation. It is a space where people can hear you scream, will comment on the scream, but yet the scream will have no effect.

It is nerds complaining about other nerds, retards complaining about people being smarter than them and both of these make it impossible for sane people to communicate.

It is, in fact, quite ironic that retardation and high brow RPGs are the only thing worshipped in this place.

Dudes.

My tirades are based on the following:

This site is predominantly one way. I am the other way.

I love fucking with people who I am pretty certain don't think the way I do.

Why? Partly because I just enjoy it, and partly because I want the "others" to think about life, politics, and reality the way I do, even for a moment.

Plus I just think I'm smarter than you.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Dudes.

My tirades are based on the following:

This site is predominantly one way. I am the other way.

I love fucking with people who I am pretty certain don't think the way I do.

Why? Partly because I just enjoy it, and partly because I want the "others" to think about life, politics, and reality the way I do, even for a moment.

Plus I just think I'm smarter than you.

Butthurt much ?

It would be a valid argument if somewhere, in Feedback, you could find someone that could be vaguely described as a "thought", but you will not. There is none.

We could then talk about the politics subforum, but that's another issue and topic entirely. But yes, I see your point ; in both cases, it involves dealing with the retarded.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Far from butthurt. Honestly just drunk. I come here after I'm too drunk to be any good on Warband. I then go off on tangents. When I get a reaction, I like playing with it.

That's it.

That's not to say I don't believe the things I've written on here.

I'm actually quite serious when I rail against Jesus or Free Will.

Ok see.....now I don't remember what the fuck I was talking about or why.

I'm almost 44.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

This site is predominantly one way.
Orly? Which way would that be? Whatever your answer - there will be a ton of retards of the opposite persuasion.

About the only significant group missing from this equation are the ultra-hardcore pink-haired feminazi/femicuck rapefugees welcome libtard drones. Is that the position you're going to adopt?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Site Feeding use to be a joyous place full of interesting and helpful threads about why things don't work. Then we closed GD off to the plebs so now the lowlifes shit up here instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom