Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On Todd Howard and "Toddposting"

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Todd Howard is a very mysterious figure.

I just realized that he is virtually absent from all forms of social media. No Facebook, no Twitter, etc. His Wikipedia page is very brief as well, and apparently no one knows his actual birth date as it’s listed as “1970/1971”. In an age where almost all recognizable figures are on some form of social media; I find this lack of presence very strange. How has he managed to stay off the grid despite being such a popular figure? Normally people who are this secretive are hiding a dark secret. What is he trying to hide?

I’ve analyzed a few photos of Todd from when he was younger vs more recent shots, and they’re alarming to say the least. Not only are pictures of him pre-Bethesda impossible to find, they also show very little aging as time progresses.

Morrowind-Era Todd:
pbXqfYw.jpg

E3 2018:
jCb5Qzp.jpg

There is really no aging here. He looks the same. That’s over ten years with no signs of aging, which can really mean only 1 of 2 things.

1) He’s a vampire. Which is probably unlikely as vampires have not been proven to exist.

2) Todd Howard is not a real person.

Consider option 2 for a moment. Remember all those E3 conferences Todd didn’t show up to? 2017 for example, and many years before that. How often do you hear about wild Todd sightings? Rarely ever, if at all. All his communications are through middlemen, “journalists”, or a conference which he may or may not appear. I propose that Todd Howard is a hologram and not actually a real person. A figurehead for Bethesda for their employees and to boost sales, and that the “Toddposting” meme is actually a spookjob created by Bethesda to gain publicity and be “in” with the “cool” sections of the web.

You're free to disagree with me but all the evidence points to something spooky going on within Bethesda.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

No, he's definitely a vampire. He feeds on the negative energy generated by Skyrim butthurt.

A horse of course

Firstly, Todd has revealed a very small amount of personal information, including his kids and a couple of the asian restaurants he frequents with other Bethesda employees.

Secondly, the story is the same for pretty much everyone who works at Bethesda as they're on extremely tight NDAs and most communication outside the company is handled by official PR channels.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Firstly, Todd has revealed a very small amount of personal information, including his kids and a couple of the asian restaurants he frequents with other Bethesda employees.

Secondly, the story is the same for pretty much everyone who works at Bethesda as they're on extremely tight NDAs and most communication outside the company is handled by official PR channels.

This is exactly what a Bethesda-shill would say.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

If I'd be running any company, I would have definite "No communication outside of the specified PR channels", especially if it'd be bigger company. There's a reason why Bethesda haven't had much of any kind of social media debacles.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Social media is bad for your career. There's also no reason for professionals to be spilling their guts out about their private lives and families. In that way, Bethesda are incline.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If I'd be running any company, I would have definite "No communication outside of the specified PR channels", especially if it'd be bigger company. There's a reason why Bethesda haven't had much of any kind of social media debacles.

Out of all of the stupid shit Bethesduh does with their games, they got this right.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Annie Mitsoda met Todd in person. She said she heightmogged him, and since she's 5'4, that means he's quite the little fella.

Guy's just a private person. When I posted his Steam account here, he made it private within hours http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ay-a-rogueys-friendly-e-stalking-post.100518/

So not only is Todd PR smart, he's also savy to the RPG Codex.

OTOH if someone from Bethesda is monitoring this forum and he closed it pre-emptively, that would be hilarious.

Considering how lowly we think of Bethesda games in general, they absolutely monitor this forum. They probably have some account that is +7 years old that has almost no posts and is used strictly to view topics.

imweasel

They guy is very smart.

He stays away from social media and deliberately makes shitty games for big bucks
dollars.png

Cael

Arcane
The one who is a robot is Zuckerberg. A shark has more life in its eyes than that Data wannabe.

Todd is probably just a smarter than average guy, evidenced by his avoidance of social media.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom