Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Paizo are known sjws.

I know, I played the Curse of the Crimson throne module... all the way from lvl 1 to 20, pretty much every single fighting character was a feminazi, while all the men were bumbling merchants and tormented artists with 10s for stats. Unbelievable.

You are thinking about this the wrong way.. That sounds like a perfect situation for Conan to ride into town!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was glancing through Kingmaker btw, and can't find purple dick gnome. Module actually starts in Oleg's tavern with you drinking free wine. It is also non-linear and in 6 parts (like all Pathfinder adventure path modules though), with monsters in last parts having challenge rating of 17+. I did find Jubilost though and an ending picture with barbarian chick on the throne with many half naked men in collars around her.

I am struggling to imagine that developers would implement all 6 parts though. The first part seems, as expected, mostly kobolds, bandits, wyverns, fey, your basic BG1 stuff. Also half cricket fey with titties playing pranks on you. The idea is basically exploration focused on wild lands.

Highly doubt we'll live to see gathering our own army and using it to fight other lords, or taking place in a royal tournament. Unless this game would be in development for many years and with multiple DLCs.
Not only that it will have all 6 parts but it will also have a 7th part that lets your party get to lvl 20 and happens after source book story ends (this one was added as KS stretch goal).
But they already said there will be no big army vs army battle but your party will get critical missions to do while you just get reports on what your army is doing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Not only that it will have all 6 parts but it will also have a 7th part that lets your party get to lvl 20 and happens after source book story ends (this one was added as KS stretch goal).
But they already said there will be no big army vs army battle but your party will get critical missions to do while you just get reports on what your army is doing.
Crazy, judging by last beta even first act still requires polish, and they are still adding new class kits.

Managing regular ammunition in the context of a D&D game is pointless busywork.
As for now, while you can get magic bows and seems quickly, even act 1 has monsters with resists, and as you can imagine even something like 5/silver would make your average damage from most ranged weapons around err 0. Game does not feature anything like oils to apply on weapons either. Not giving ranged weapons any ammunition just kinda shits on ranged characters.

Salvo

Arcane
I was glancing through Kingmaker btw, and can't find purple dick gnome.

Tartuccio is indeed a game-original character that was expanded from Tartuk (a gnome sorcerer reincarnated into a kobold) from the original PnP adventure. From what I've seen on youtube he doesn't actually get reincarnated here, but rather disguises himself as a kobold with magic and resumes his textbook role.

I personally find it quite cute, as it expands the game and introduces an early villain/plot hook to the player, all while remaining quite faithful to the Tabletop version.

If the same level of quality/care is applied to the whole game, we can expect it to at least be DECENT, even if the writing itself isn't top notch.

All things considered, I remain hopeful.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Crazy, judging by last beta even first act still requires polish, and they are still adding new class kits.

Managing regular ammunition in the context of a D&D game is pointless busywork.
As for now, while you can get magic bows and seems quickly, even act 1 has monsters with resists, and as you can imagine even something like 5/silver would make your average damage from most ranged weapons around err 0. Game does not feature anything like oils to apply on weapons either.
Maybe they put priority on content over polish. As long as they are able to polish it after release with patches that is OK.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Maybe. But killing buggy kobolds would probably get old quickly. As for now I did not even see important stuff like class specific dialogue options, which were even in mediocre stuff like NWN1 expansions. I feel the release will probably be quite a train wreck to salvage. My Summer Sale Platinum Season Pass Director's Cut sense is tingling.

That feeling when developers tell you the release date, but it just means "real" game still might be years away of worth playing it.

Tartuccio is indeed a game-original character that was expanded from Tartuk (a gnome sorcerer reincarnated into a kobold) from the original PnP adventure
Yea I don't mind him, although I feel he was created to make original module more linear.

Last edited:

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Paizo are known sjws.

I know, I played the Curse of the Crimson throne module... all the way from lvl 1 to 20, pretty much every single fighting character was a feminazi, while all the men were bumbling merchants and tormented artists with 10s for stats. Unbelievable.

You are thinking about this the wrong way.. That sounds like a perfect situation for Conan to ride into town!

Well in Paizo world... strength scores higher than 14 are reserved exclusively for women, sorry Conan. :D

Neanderthal

Arcane
Paizo are known sjws.

Well in Paizo world... strength scores higher than 14 are reserved exclusively for women, sorry Conan. :D

The black browed Cimmerian grinned and barked, "Since when have I followed your soft lands degenerate laws?"

Was gonna upgrade my pre-order to add-on a Beta early access, as the first Act looks pretty feature complete. However, they closed the beta add-on purchase. I guess they don't want my extra $50.

Anyone with Beta access in a sharing mood?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As for now, while you can get magic bows and seems quickly, even act 1 has monsters with resists, and as you can imagine even something like 5/silver would make your average damage from most ranged weapons around err 0. Game does not feature anything like oils to apply on weapons either. Not giving ranged weapons any ammunition just kinda shits on ranged characters.

When doing scope control for an ambitious project given the time they have, ammunition types are an easy cut, especially given that most people prefer spells and melee.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They are trying to implement the whole PnP adventure? Well, that doesn't sound like a good idea. It's either going to be barebones and underdeveloped, buggy as all hell (which is fine, we can wait for patches) or extremely rushed and every part very short.

Dodo1610

Arcane
This game has rain affecting movement but has no arrows or any other ammunition for ranged weapons.

Where does this degenerate design always come from

Do you really miss buying stacks of arrows every once in a while? It's not like that arrows are rare in RPGs or expensive as they should be.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What I'd do is cut out the basic arrows/bolts with no bonuses. A cross/bow would fire them by default, then have special ammunition that is finite. Unless the idea is ammunition is hard to come by, but let's not kid ourselves, that's never the reality even if that was the idea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

They are trying to implement the whole PnP adventure? Well, that doesn't sound like a good idea. It's either going to be barebones and underdeveloped, buggy as all hell (which is fine, we can wait for patches) or extremely rushed and every part very short.

Like I said back in January: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...expansions-planned.120151/page-2#post-5464480

Expecting a bunch of unknowns to knock it out of the park (and totally pwn Obsidian) on their first try was always silly. These poor guys are probably crunching like crazy now. But we'll see how it turns out. I wonder who will review this...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Tbh, I wouldn't have minded they implementing only the first 3 parts and then the other parts as DLC. As long as they make each self-contained enough and not feel like cut content that should've been in the base game.

jungl

Augur
The game has romanceable waifus. That alone is a huge. Waifus are a pandoras box they cause a big wave of love hate relationship with people. In gaming we can see this with all the SJW attacking waifus and those that defend them. In politics there was the Crimea crisis. Science fiction show gundam seed where a idol has a massive sway on the plot and the fate of the world. Perhaps if the United States utilized waifus there would be no left right infighting but complete public opinion unification. The west has a lot to learn from the east of the power of waifus. The potential is definitely there to own obsidian.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Adapt Telltale design maybe, release game for 10$ and then add chapters per 5$ each.

Also the last thing I want is someone totally pwning Obsidian, following actual pnp system and module for once instead is a gift from heavens for me.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Expecting a bunch of unknowns to knock it out of the park (and totally pwn Obsidian) on their first try was always silly. Those poor guys are probably crunching like crazy now. But we'll see how it turns out. I wonder who will review this...

The fact that their aren't presenting kingdom mode until Gamescom (and just before release) made me a bit wary - it could of course be for marketing reasons to show something new and newsworthy, but I fear that they are really on an extremely tight schedule to get the game out of the door in time.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
NWN2 keep is something special because it's the best stronghold in gaming. I already said they have to make it more like that instead of playing architect in an RPG. Big decision making that affects something down the line.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's not like that arrows are rare in RPGs or expensive as they should be.
Stock arrows shouldn't be expensive ffs. It's a stick with a sharp end and fletchings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom