Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Crusader - No Bullshit

Regular silencin':

Nk7HpMG.png

qXQYuYZ.png

Delegating the job:

cuhyNHa.png

Mines detected:

Dfz4AzU.png

Going stealth-ish:

JSVOE1K.png

xfHlDlu.png

:troll:

Probably the most difficult room in the game (not sure if intentional). Homing wall cannons? Really?

5cZqQlp.png

Reactor core is going down:

fqlATR0.png

Final fight!

fTptnsE.png

vVtQb5L.png

And that's it...

ctUI9Xb.png

:salute:

Silencer out!

A horse of course

Total War: Rome 2 - Rise of the Republic DLC AKA Italian women prefer BGC

cT2ItOt.jpg

The new campaign pack set in the early republican era, just before the sack of Rome. I wasn't expecting much from it (the free updates, which add female leaders, visual tweaks and a bunch of reworked family tree and politics mechanics were probably more worthwhile for the overall game) but did have quite a bit of fun in the opening stages of the campaign, where I had to secure Syracusian dominance over Sicily and annihilate Carthage. After that it was the usual dull grind of map painting until the victory conditions popped (there's only a single type of victory in RoR, which basically requires total domination of 70% of the entire map depending on the faction). The marqee feature of RoR is supposedly "an epic battle for the city of Rome" - where the defenders gather for a final stand - but by the time I got there it had been conquered by smelly Gallic street-shitters and resembled San Francisco. After winning an unremarkable siege battle the game said I would now have to fight on the Capitoline Hill, but that happened was the enemy spawned two light skirmishers who immediately attacked me, lost, and immediately ceded the city. I assume it's bugged when not controlled by a Roman faction. I'll just have to wait for the youtubers to catch up I suppose.

Anyway, nice to see how far Rome 2 has come in five years, but I doubt it's enough for anyone who was burned by the original release.

FA6818B9AD3ECF9DD0CFC0D7F68268013A6D2ABB
800F9CE407097CF13E954A2B4A64ADE22FB848F1
4FCA0D476E2B21D0EF3AAD6508694890B0498580
C2149D4A03F10392594C04BAB4E62D1B79E58673
5E65DE11D1B9E37BF28C54F60B4212742128EDE8
A09A1E26D50A027D68856BA5BAE0231F2337EA54
784BFBBACD7548FA3344DE2553AACE6789CD63AE
9F5AA72C174D8061E6AEDD50C5F973C62BF99922
90CD9031DF1A6FAF5ECC940B3E60ECD9CD13978F
730F03F30072C17EB354ADA8B025DA47F40B5D97

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
War Wind
mission.jpg
tharoon.jpg
tharoonobjective.jpg

Welp, sounds simple enough to me.
Found some crates with resources and the courthouse to store them.
tharoontreasure.jpg

Here is our bomb and some explosive rounds for a ranged damage boost
Secret.jpg

And now i have the choice - i can either go through the thing that is apparently one of the most dangerous son of a bitches on the whole Yavaun according to the manual, or to go through the group of Eaggra guarding a bridge.
mondrahart.jpg

secondway.jpg

Decided to go through the Mondra Harth at the end, it's wounded and i can afford to use battle cry to avoid casualties on my side. It's also guarding some nifty things.
reward.jpg

Further down the way i found a bio-upgraded Obblinox captain held prisoner. Ungrateful bastard agreed to join my mission only after i gifted him a 1200 resource.
prisoner.jpg

I also found a forest full of Eaggra rapists rangers waiting for a chance to rape me.
ambush.jpg

enemies.jpg

Eaggra don't suffer penalties to movement in the forest and the manual doesn't lie about their scout unit being "most powerful". You will get surrounded and shot long before the moment where you can properly show them their rightful place as a Tha'roon slaves.
By the way, my leader is fairly knowledgeable in psionics and he found our objective through the clairvoyance spell.
target.jpg

After a bit of psionic scouting and some foolish attempts to break through the forest(all of which resulted in reload) i found the east forest to be the most soft on defence. This way lies through some old ruins
anotherway.jpg

find.jpg
mine.jpg

Before the rape
finish.jpg

After
finishingtouch.jpg
success.jpg

As it should be :obviously:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
It was on GOG sale not so long ago and i wanted something different after all the turn-based stuff. Enjoying it tremendously.
We definitely need more games with this kind of alien setting.
Edit: Actually, i am pretty sure it was that warhammer gog sale

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Zic2z4U.jpg

Everything is vanilla minus the shaders, the sky, the grass, and the mesh replacement I used so that scum is transparent (and the scum texture is new too).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom