Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Cael

Arcane
Who's this Darth edgelord?
Him ->
220px-Cannoli_siciliani.jpg

Ranarama

Learned
They will remember fondly the games from the golden age of RPGs: games such as ... Fallout 3 (which they will simply refer to as Fallout because it was the first real Fallout really).

Who the fuck can remember anything about Fallout 3? It's too bland for memories to take root.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Who the fuck can remember anything about Fallout 3? It's too bland for memories to take root.

Leaving the Vault and having your eyes adjust to the light for the first time was memorable.

They put a lot of effort into those first few minutes of exploration, then it rapidly went downhill from there.

Cael

Arcane
Cael & Micormic
Does stealth work in IWD2 like it does in all other IE games?.
Wow. Someone is so triggered that he decided to spread his "I am right! I am right! Lalalalalalala! I don't want to hear how wrong I am! Neener, neener!" immaturity to another thread.

laclongquan

Arcane
Cael & Micormic
Does stealth work in IWD2 like it does in all other IE games?.

Stealth is slightly nerfed in IWD2. It seem people familiar with BG system or IWD1 find it's too easily HIDE FAILED message.
However, once you play it long enough to familiar with the system, you wont have a problem with it.
Reference: I am playing IWD2 and my party has a Deep Gnome Rogue Fighter to scout around the map first before engaging.

Battlefront really suffers for how the primary game mode pretends to be something strategic but then you figure out that it's just reverse team deathmatch (go until you reach # of deaths rather than # of kills), so there's never any incentive to pursue objectives rather than spawn camp. Should have copied C&C Renegade which is very similar in nature but has GOAT strategic mp. Heck even UT 2004's onslaught was better.

PorkBarrellGuy

Battlefront really suffers for how the primary game mode pretends to be something strategic but then you figure out that it's just reverse team deathmatch (go until you reach # of deaths rather than # of kills), so there's never any incentive to pursue objectives rather than spawn camp. Should have copied C&C Renegade which is very similar in nature but has GOAT strategic mp. Heck even UT 2004's onslaught was better.

...eh, now that you mention it, I guess so yeah. The trick is to find people that actually like to have fun (which involves PTFO) instead of statpadding morons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom