Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, all the drivers crash. I'm not particularly comfortable with underclocking or undervolting because I might fuck it up and void my warranty. Besides, if that works, wouldn't that mean the card is faulty anyway?

Rule out os just to be sure. If third rx 460 have same issue its on you.

Codex Year of the Donut
I tried that, obviously. I'm pretty sure it's the card and I'm going to force them to RMA it tomorrow (again), even though it only crashes in Mozilla and Unity games (I tested it with D:OS2 and Grim Dawn, it works fine) I don't want it to start crashing anywhere else.
Did you try a stress test like furmark to see if that causes a crash?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You are RMA-ing 2 rx 460 cards by now correct??? How is it possible that they have same problem??

No, the first card had a different problem, it would black screen after the Windows logo sometimes, it got more and more frequent and at the end I couldn't even get it to run anymore.

It also crashes in chrome.I read his post on amd.Newer drivers have fix for subnautica crash maybe they fucked up unity games or some shit.

It crashes both in Chrome and Mozilla. If it was only Unity, I'd have choked it up to Unity being a pos engine as usual. And not all games on Unity, I've been playing Dex for like 2 hours now and no crash. I even tried drivers as old as 2 years, so it's not newer drivers.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You are RMA-ing 2 rx 460 cards by now correct??? How is it possible that they have same problem??

No, the first card had a different problem, it would black screen after the Windows logo sometimes, it got more and more frequent and at the end I couldn't even get it to run anymore.

Like i said rule out os. By using linux live enviroment.Its fast and painless not like reinstalling os.

Codex Year of the Donut

Like i said rule out os. By using linux live enviroment.Its fast and painless not like reinstalling os.
plus it's a superior OS

Lacrymas

Arcane

I have friends who run a computer repair shop, my PC has been with them for the past month and they've tried basically everything anyone can think of. They thought they've fixed it since all benchmarks and stress tests are fine, but the moment I started Mozilla it crashed. Then I tested with PoE 1/2 and the Shadowruns, crash. Chrome crashes. Tested it with Grim Dawn, D:OS2, Dex and Baldur's Gate, no crash.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I have friends who run a computer repair shop, my PC has been with them for the past month and they've tried basically everything anyone can think of. They thought they've fixed it since all benchmarks and stress tests are fine, but the moment I started Mozilla it crashed. Then I tested with PoE 1/2 and the Shadowruns, crash. Chrome crashes. Tested it with Grim Dawn, D:OS2, Dex and Baldur's Gate, no crash.

You are putting too much faith in russian money laundry IT scrubs. DIY biach

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not Russian, lol. I've tried everything I'm comfortable doing, and they've tried everything they can think of. I'm pretty sure they've tested something basic like whether it's the os. Sometimes hardware is faulty.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Thanks for trying to help, but after more than a month of extensive testing I'm ready for it to be over.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Thanks for trying to help, but after more than a month of extensive testing I'm ready for it to be over.
Next time buy nvidia. Can't you just send it to the firm that have the warranty? Have you tired it on a different pc or is it a whole pc warranty? Also is it jarcomputers? They are really shitty,last time the retards forgot to plug one of the card's cables in,took me an hour to see that it was not plugged.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Next time buy nvidia. Can't you just send it to the firm that have the warranty? Have you tired it on a different pc or is it a whole pc warranty? Also is it jarcomputers? They are really shitty,last time the retards forgot to plug one of the card's cables in,took me an hour to see that it was not plugged.

You all niggas need serbian turbo folk to ease the buthurt

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You all niggas need serbian turbo folk to ease the buthurt
http://radioveronika.bg/

It have all kind of turbo folk mate.
:salute:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Deadfire is still holding at 80%. I think Obsidian is going about this the wrong way. They can make all the improvements to the base game they want. More combat, more exploration, more side content, more itemization, better quality of life, ect.

None of that matters. Until they appease the storyfags that hate the ending, the game wont see a major boost in positive reviews. They underestimated how much of their fanbase only cares about story, and couldn't give a damn about how much better everything else is.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Quite the contrary, they are perfectly aware most people play their games for the story, that's why they have a bunch of ~* narrative designers *~ and only one person in charge of the combat systems (I think?). They just can't write a good story and they won't change the ending because Josh refuses to change writing post-release.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
They don't need to change the ending. A good post-wheel DLC is all it would take. It doesn't even have to be long or heavily connected to the events of the base game. Just an isolated 6-8 hour adventure to answer some unresolved questions and provide a more satisfying ending.

Beast of Winter and many other sidequests in the game indicate that they are capable of writing a good story. The main quest was Josh Sawyer's fuck up (and it could still be salvaged with some edits), but it's foolish to deny there are many examples of good writing in the game.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The writing in general is a step above most videogames.

Specific examples of good writing would be The Gullet, The Shadow Under Neketaka, Blow the Man Down, The Last Sanctuary, Nemnok the Devourer, A Paradise of Mind, The Storm over Poko Kohara, Principi questline, Animancer questline, Arkemyr questline, Beast of Winter, ect.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
It's some of the better writing I've seen in videogames. A few of those quests could even stand with the best of New Vegas.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You seem to confuse "a little better than the rest of the game" (arguable) with "good writing", but that's ok.
Mate he is a fucking writer for the game,it is natural to be that delusional. Why are you always taking his bate? We will end up with another 2-3 pages of pointless discussion with a brick wall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom