Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retardo? Final Fantasy XIV, at least the soundtrack is enjoyable

final

• Total voters

Norfleet

First and most definitely foremost, there is a massive wall of extremely boring fetch quests between the new player and the endgame—which, because this is a sushi-flavored blatant WoW ripoff, is the only place to genuinely progress, turn a profit of any kind (with a couple of exceptions), or actually play with other players who aren't just a bunch of random strangers who never talk and might as well be (usually shitty) bots.
THIS is what you ran off to? At least if you had stayed with me, there would have been only ONE extremely boring quest, with NO FETCHING. At least *I* don't have to have any FUN. Disgusting.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
First and most definitely foremost, there is a massive wall of extremely boring fetch quests between the new player and the endgame—which, because this is a sushi-flavored blatant WoW ripoff, is the only place to genuinely progress, turn a profit of any kind (with a couple of exceptions), or actually play with other players who aren't just a bunch of random strangers who never talk and might as well be (usually shitty) bots.
THIS is what you ran off to? At least if you had stayed with me, there would have been only ONE extremely boring quest, with NO FETCHING. At least *I* don't have to have any FUN. Disgusting.

The game has many faults, but one of its virtues is that it isn't blatantly pay-to-win and laughably top-heavy. Aside from level skips, which are now an industry standard (and one I approve of, since they hamstring Chinese power-leveling services), the only things you can buy are a modest selection of purely cosmetic items that no one really cares about (being from the cash shop, they have no e-peen value). In terms of assets available to veterans that new players can't obtain easily/at all, only the larger housing plots come to mind. These have virtually no gameplay impact, and are really only good for playing house/LARPing. Also, the great majority of veteran players don't have larger housing plots, either.

It certainly doesn't have loot boxes, which are indisputable usurious cancer.

It's all academic at this point, because Monster Hunter World successfully severed my ties to FFXIV, as I was fairly sure it would. My revisiting of the MMOisphere is now complete. The genre has absolutely nothing of value left to offer me, unless perhaps I return to EVE, which I don't plan to do.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm getting the MMO itch. After ESO, I thought to try FFXIV. I heard that the crafting is good?

Delterius

Arcane
Needs more ninjas.
17002.jpg
16072.jpg

Argronok

Literate
I HATE that the proper "Fantasy" FF games are MMOs at the moment. We haven't had a proper Fantasy setting FF game since at best 12 and at worse 9.

7, 8, 10, 13, 15 all decided to do this futuristic Sci Fi settings.

I will be blown away of they make FF 16 an old school fantasy setting that looks like Final Fantasy 4 or 9.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I still like to occasionally dabble in the game with its Free Trial and because of how the game itself is structure (you can level all jobs on one character, for example) even that Free Trial with a level limit of 35 can probably be played for a TON of hours before you do everything you can until the level cap. Switching it to unlimited time was a good decision on Squeenix's part and I won't lie it's my familiarity with FF in general that draws me in here and there.

Pharad

Novice
Any of you guys grabbed the complete edition yet? Would really like to know if the new content is worth the price. How many hours of game-play approximately would I get out of it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom