Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would absolutely love to play EVE if I had a computer that can run it and fifteen bucks to shell out for a month or two so that I could get established. Games with high barriers of entry like that are always attractive to me, and the whole history behind it seems amazing.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't need to pay to play. Get an alpha clone and apply to folks like Stay Frosty (pvp) or Eve University (all-round eve education, can try pretty much anything with them). Both are noob friendly.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
You don't need to pay to play. Get an alpha clone and apply to folks like Stay Frosty (pvp) or Eve University (all-round eve education, can try pretty much anything with them). Both are noob friendly.
Yeah I saw that they were going "free" and tried it, computer still can't run it though. Maybe once I get a job and some of my scholarship money rolls in.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
https://www.pcgamer.com/chris-rober...ncerns-after-removal-of-in-game-currency-cap/

"Star Citizen is no stranger to "pay-to-win" accusations, but the criticism intensified this week following developer Cloud Imperium Games' decision to remove the cap on in-game currency that players can accumulate. Previously, you could only hoard 150,000 United Earth Credits (UEC), but now players can stockpile as much as they want, albeit they are still limited to purchasing a maximum of 25,000 UEC a day.

-----

Chris Roberts, Cloud Imperium Games co-founder, has responded to those concerns by saying that removing the cap does not make Star Citizen pay-to-win because there is no "specific win state". As he put it in a letter to players on Friday, "you win by having fun, and fun is different things to different people".

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What's sad is that if the retards had just chilled the fuck out with the scope of their game a little, like restricting the setting to 1 or 2 solar systems, cutting down on the total amount of ships, cutting some of their more ridiculous ideas, and chilling the fuck out with the graphics, they might actually have had a good game coming out.

Stokowski

Arcane
Heh, youtube just recommended this to me:

Not with a gasbag that full of hydrogen.

Dj9DSUK.jpg

(Unrelated image)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sounds like Dread Pirate Roberts is going to sell some more empty promises to people with too much cash to pay to Crytek.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The best thing that can happen to CIG... becoming insolvent, blaming it on others, and forced to stop this neverending shitshow.
"Dear backers. We can't tell how sorry we are. We've wanted to make a dream come true, but evil crytek and court killed everything."
I bet in reality they're actually hoping for that injunction. They're hoping for an official, legal excuse to stop it. They want to be released from this burden.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom