Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

2house2fly

Magister
They still count as examples of player agency. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.
Welcome to the RPG Codex.

4. 1111 or 222222 or 3333 or 4444. So much agency.
What definition of "agency" are we using here that doesn't include "four options you can choose from"?

I just can't get over the fact that Josh decided to neuter the main quest as some sort of individualistic screed against heroic fantasy norms.
I can't get over it either, especially since he specifically said he did no such thing. These damn lying game writers. Thank god you were able to read his mind.

Now I'm doubting IHaveHugeNick or anyone that rated his post has even played the game.

The DLC is minutes away, who's excited?!

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It releases in one hour. Don't forget there is a free DLC coming with it too.

Sentinel

Arcane
They still count as examples of player agency. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

4. 1111 or 222222 or 3333 or 4444. So much agency.
What definition of "agency" are we using here that doesn't include "four options you can choose from"?

I just can't get over the fact that Josh decided to neuter the main quest as some sort of individualistic screed against heroic fantasy norms.
I can't get over it either, especially since he specifically said he did no such thing. These damn lying game writers. Thank god you were able to read his mind.

Now I'm doubting IHaveHugeNick or anyone that rated his post has even played the game.

The DLC is minutes away, who's excited?!
isnt it 18:00 GMT/9am valve time? that's the standard steam release time.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
fallout-dialogue-mod-3-1265x699.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
Somehow I have zero desire to replay this, while I did new chars for both White March parts.

Dumpsterfire.

Sentinel

Arcane
You probably still have your save lying around. I deleted mine and they're still loadable when I reinstalled yesterday. Bloody miracle.

No need to replay.

:happytrollboy:

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I can't be bothered to pick up a save after months of absence nor make a new playthrough just for one DLC. I'll probably buy all three once they're out, to be honest.I may hate much of the game, but Mods and DLCs will fix it.

Quillon

Arcane
Bought the pass today, will start from the start, prolly be a while till I hit BoW.

Update vid was cool. Alex Scokel, from tester to Lead Narrative, gratz :D

Also, he's saying "players will be surprised to see this scene" while the scene plays in the vid, like I said, they wait and show everything at the last minute before we get a chance to play :P

Sentinel

Arcane
what the hell are mega bosses
is this party based diablo now?
wouldn't even mind a procedurally generated dungeon DLC if they went bonkers with rewards with shit like character skins and cosmetics to not make your character look boring as fuck.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
wouldn't even mind a procedurally generated dungeon DLC if they went bonkers with rewards with shit like character skins and cosmetics to not make your character look boring as fuck.
No you mistaked divinity original sin series for that.

Sentinel

Arcane
No you mistaked divinity original sin series for that.
No I absolutely didn't. It'd play to PoE2's strengths - the improved combat mechanics, and take out its weaknesses - the writting and story. With an expansion like that where you have a dungeon that the deeper you go the harder it gets and is designed to be as replayable as possible, you don't need to bother with the inevitable shit story from nuBsidian, since the whole motivation is loot and challenge. You'd be able to change your build and party composition before going in, and you could share builds on the Steam Workshop. This'd also work very well with the berath blessing system that aims to add challenge, with increased rewards for people that completed the dungeon with the challenges active. Imagine a mini Guild Wars 1 in PoE2.
Maybe the game would actually be bearable then. Hell, if you're creative enough, you might even slam in some sort of multiplayer element. Not necessarily cooperation, but maybe some asynchronous multiplayer gameplay. Just forget what Obsidian was, they aren't returning to that ever. With the MP dungeon concept they might even make a more popular game than all the boring ass roguelites and slam dunk on the people that are so disappointed with diablo and for whom path of exile doesnt do it.

Let Obsidian fly, you fools.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nothing wrong with mid-game DLC, provided it can be accessed easily. The problem with White March was that base game is linear and plot-gated, so you couldn't just pick up in middle of a save and go there at your leisure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom