Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #53: Beast of Winter Released

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Beast of Winter

Today is August 2nd, and that marks the release of the first major DLC for Pillars of Eternity II – Pillars of Eternity II: Beast of Winter.
The DLC should be available in 6 hours from when I have posted this news.
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821940/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire__Beast_of_Winter/
GOG.com: https://af.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_the_beast_of_winter?as=1649904300

Far in the southernmost reaches of the Deadfire Archipelago, frost and death have encroached upon the land of the living. You, Watcher, have received a missive from the isle's residents: worshipers of Rymrgand, the god of entropy and disaster. They call you Duskspeaker, a harbinger of the end, and pray you fulfill your destiny.

In this new DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
  • Embark upon an adventure that will take you to Hel itself.
  • Join forces with Vatnir, an Endings Godlike and Priest of Rymrgand, to bring battle to the monstrosities that roam the Beyond.
  • Confront an ancient dragon, whom even the gods fear, before she brings Eora to an icy end.

There's also a new backer update about Beast of Winter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Beast of Winter

Today is August 2nd, and that marks the release of the first major DLC for Pillars of Eternity II – Pillars of Eternity II: Best of Winter.
The DLC should be available in 6 hours from when I have posted this news.
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821940/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire__Beast_of_Winter/
GOG.com: https://af.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_the_beast_of_winter?as=1649904300

Far in the southernmost reaches of the Deadfire Archipelago, frost and death have encroached upon the land of the living. You, Watcher, have received a missive from the isle's residents: worshipers of Rymrgand, the god of entropy and disaster. They call you Duskspeaker, a harbinger of the end, and pray you fulfill your destiny.
  • Embark upon an adventure that will take you to Hel itself.
  • Join forces with Vatnir, an Endings Godlike and Priest of Rymrgand, to bring battle to the monstrosities that roam the Beyond.
  • Confront an ancient dragon, whom even the gods fear, before she brings Eora to an icy end.

Can't wait to play this game next year when all the DLCs and balance patches are released.

Last edited by a moderator:

duanth123

Arcane
Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Don't know much about Clare, but she certainly seems like a significant improvement over that disgusting fujoshi they canned. :cool:

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They have a character artist named Ian Randall
thinking.png

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aight, so:

Installation, It's either me having a bad day or Steam is getting worse and worse with every year when it comes to additional content:
I had to move the steam installation of PoE II to another drive and then "verify integrity of game files" for The Deck Of Many Things to install properly along with The Beast of Winter.

Beast of Winter DLC
The Beast of Winter took me 4 hours of relaxing gameplay to finish... this is comparable to maybe sth like Siege of Ostragar or Warden's Keep from Dragon Age: Origins in length.
Pros:
I have to admit that this sunbeam time-travel mechanic was quite sweet to play around with :)
Cons:
I expected a little better writing, for example I was thorough with one area and collected a trinket required to proceed with the main quest but the dialogue first stated:
NPC) To enter and progress further in this quest thou shalt seek the amazing relic of XYZ and come back when You have it since it is lost somewhere around here.
Me) But I have this thingie with me, mkay ?
NPC) Woops... ok You can go teehee.
That made me die a little bit inside >.<

Honestly if the other 2 dlc's in the season pass prove to be of the same length and quality, then PoE II will be a way shorter game, which makes me kinda sad because the world that was crafted this time has lots of potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom