Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood - action-RPG adaptation from Cyanide

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't this the publisher that has a long track record of saying the're gonna make a game and then just not do it?. I also researched the accusations of SJW stuff and found this:

From the V5 preview document, which is available at the White Wolf website:

Clan Brujah have always Embraced from the ranks of those sympathetic to counterculture and revolution. They seek out allies who question normative ideas, and recognizing the fire of the oppressed, they gravitate toward the underdog.

Common perception place punks, gang-members, maladjusted immigrants rejected by the society that should protect them, and placard-carrying and Molotov wielding rioters among the Brujah. While the clan definitely includes substantial numbers of vocal and visible outsiders, their desire for rebellion reaches as deep as the fraudster ripping off his own company, the lawyer representing the poor pro bono, the neo-Nazi claiming to be “alt-right,” and the basement-dweller downloading thousands of movies illegally for redistribution on streaming sites. Fledglings Embraced to fight and protest are commonly known as rabble.

The Brujah can be passionate fighters but also critical thinkers; the clan activists are often very different from the clan theorists. On many occasions, the latter are Embraced from former gender studies or sociology students, those who have survived near-death experiences, and people who have in other ways suffered and endured great personal loss. The philosophical Brujah, known as Hellenes, believe the best method of dismantling the establishment is to understand the social and cultural systems that allow it to exist in the first place.

Here: https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/13/17565898/vampire-the-masquerade-white-wolf-neo-nazi-accusations

...fuck...

:rage:

...everything they touch turns to shit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, gender studies and sociology students are the counter-culture revolutionaries whose ideas are dangerous to the status quo. Laughable.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Yes, gender studies and sociology students are the counter-culture revolutionaries whose ideas are dangerous to the status quo. Laughable.

Well they already failed as human beings, I doubt they will be more successful as supernatural beings.

On another note, why is this shit picked up by so many companies? The people SJWs claim to represent are less than a percentage of the population, yet companies are willing to seriously fuck up a franchise for them despite that these companies know SJWs don't buy their stuff.
They just want to get heard and be told how brave and progressive they are before they go back to trying to get high on their own farts.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
5%. Either way, it's about appearances and what's popular. They might also hold such views themselves. Maybe also sheep mentality or trying to stir a controversy.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I think White Wolf publishing is based in Stockholm, Sweden ... so I wont be holding out much hope that the writing in this game is anywhere near Vampire: Redemption or Bloodlines. Sweden will probably be burned to the ground by the time they release it anyway, and then someone hopefully else can pick up the IP.

CywxCjL.gif

Typical day at the Codex with lots of delusional butthurt about SJWs. Oooh noes, their RPGs got SJWs in them, whatcha gonna do? Better call momma, she's gonna make you feel special again, like none of these happened.

And for all this making fun of "triggers" and "safe zones" business, which "anti-SJWs" do constantly and exclusively, mere mention of SJWs is enough to "trigger" the fuck out of them, sending them spiralling out of their "safe zones" ie. most usually basements. So it is obvious that social justice currents are a threat to the establishment.

Conclusion? Codex needs trigger warnings for poor oppressed "anti-SJWs" now. So insecure and pathetic, can't handle stuff in their games. Better warn them before they go into drooling vegetative states.
:smug:

Max Edge

CywxCjL.gif

Typical day at the Codex with lots of delusional butthurt about SJWs. Oooh noes, their RPGs got SJWs in them, whatcha gonna do? Better call momma, she's gonna make you feel special again, like none of these happened.

And for all this making fun of "triggers" and "safe zones" business, which "anti-SJWs" do constantly and exclusively, mere mention of SJWs is enough to "trigger" the fuck out of them, sending them spiralling out of their "safe zones" ie. most usually basements. So it is obvious that social justice currents are a threat to the establishment.

Conclusion? Codex needs trigger warnings for poor oppressed "anti-SJWs" now. So insecure and pathetic, can't handle stuff in their games. Better warn them before they go into drooling vegetative states.

8fe.jpeg

sser

Arcane
Developer
I mean that's plainly poor writing. You can have a counter-culture/revolutionary faction without resorting to quality at par with Team Tumblr fan fic.

laclongquan

Arcane
1. Transformation animation. What happen when a female transform and back again? That was a big draw~ Although considering their games I have my doubt they will invest much in hook and bait like that. The problem is not that they cant, the problem is that they are a bunch of gay ass frenchie. This is not a racist thing, but analysis of their past game art trends.

2. Considering their game portfolio with Styx and Vampyr, I say it's pretty obvious what the game's angle would be.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Isn't this the publisher that has a long track record of saying the're gonna make a game and then just not do it?. I also researched the accusations of SJW stuff and found this:

From the V5 preview document, which is available at the White Wolf website:

Clan Brujah have always Embraced from the ranks of those sympathetic to counterculture and revolution. They seek out allies who question normative ideas, and recognizing the fire of the oppressed, they gravitate toward the underdog.

Common perception place punks, gang-members, maladjusted immigrants rejected by the society that should protect them, and placard-carrying and Molotov wielding rioters among the Brujah. While the clan definitely includes substantial numbers of vocal and visible outsiders, their desire for rebellion reaches as deep as the fraudster ripping off his own company, the lawyer representing the poor pro bono, the neo-Nazi claiming to be “alt-right,” and the basement-dweller downloading thousands of movies illegally for redistribution on streaming sites. Fledglings Embraced to fight and protest are commonly known as rabble.

The Brujah can be passionate fighters but also critical thinkers; the clan activists are often very different from the clan theorists. On many occasions, the latter are Embraced from former gender studies or sociology students, those who have survived near-death experiences, and people who have in other ways suffered and endured great personal loss. The philosophical Brujah, known as Hellenes, believe the best method of dismantling the establishment is to understand the social and cultural systems that allow it to exist in the first place.

Here: https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/13/17565898/vampire-the-masquerade-white-wolf-neo-nazi-accusations

...fuck...

:rage:

...everything they touch turns to shit.

Hush Childe. Calm yourself. They are but further fodder for fleshcrafting.

Discovery requires... experimentation.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The Brujah can be passionate fighters but also critical thinkers; the clan activists are often very different from the clan theorists. On many occasions, the latter are Embraced from former gender studies or sociology students,
Ewww... that is some bad taste, the estrogen and soy derived proteins make the blood taste like pure cretin butthurt.

laclongquan

Arcane

Well they already failed as human beings, I doubt they will be more successful as supernatural beings.

On another note, why is this shit picked up by so many companies? The people SJWs claim to represent are less than a percentage of the population, yet companies are willing to seriously fuck up a franchise for them despite that these companies know SJWs don't buy their stuff.
They just want to get heard and be told how brave and progressive they are before they go back to trying to get high on their own farts.
Because the writers are believers, as is most of the upper echelons of those companies. The writers pitch ideas that fit what they believe, and the upper echelons, hipsters all, drink that Kool-Aid.

To be fair, gaming markets are not that easy to predict sales and trends. Look at the ups and downs of game series over the years.
And the ideas market is too niche, too fragmented. What's popular in this segment can be total unknown in the other (the idea of a post apocalyptic full of gore and misery popular with our crowd doesnt work with the sims-and-sports crowd, for example).
So if they think might as well work with what themselves like best... it's not illogical.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
The thing is (without actually getting serious on this) that you can't portray a faction/clan like the Brujah as being independent, critical thinkers rebelling against the establishment, and then include gender studies students as part of the clan. The liberal establishement created such courses as gender studies for rich thick kids to be given a job from their family/friend connections when they graduate - in my day it was Media Studies. So you can't be part of the 40+ year long establishment and the counter-culture as well.
The current counter culture is President Trump, Brexit, anti-EU, Matteo Salvini in Italy... etc, if White Wolf publishing wants to get political with their IP:

"...can help people to “walk in somebody else's shoes” for a while and for constructive dialogue to happen. To bring people closer and understand each other better we believe is the right thing to do. We do this by asking the difficult questions of life, giving tools to broaden people's understanding and compassion for how others might think. Throughout history some culture and art have always played such a role. We do not intend to push a particular political view or stance."

And represent everyone, then they should represent everyone equally.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Damsel from Bloodlines was a dumb college commie, people getting upset over things that have existed for decades. :M

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
CywxCjL.gif

Having SJWs in them, or SJWs as Brujah isn't the issue, it's calling sociology and gender studies students "critical thinkers". It's retarded writing. Like your posts.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Having SJWs in them, or SJWs as Brujah isn't the issue, it's calling sociology and gender studies students "critical thinkers". It's retarded writing. Like your posts.

Someone can be critical and still a dummy. See Lesi. Additionally
their desire for rebellion reaches as deep as the fraudster ripping off his own company...the neo-Nazi claiming to be “alt-right,” and the basement-dweller downloading thousands of movies illegally for redistribution on streaming sites.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Someone can be critical and still a dummy.

If you are not critical of your own ideas (which SJWs are not), you are not a critical thinker. Otherwise the term has no meaning since p much everybody is critical of things they don't like.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If you are not critical of your own ideas (which SJWs are not), you are not a critical thinker. Otherwise the term has no meaning since p much everybody is critical of things they don't like.
The idea they're trying to convey is that the brujah aren't just a bunch of "anarchy rules xD" types. Though their critical thinking skills would be limited to how smart the game master and players are in any given game. If a GM says "sociology and gender studies students are a bunch of retards and have no place in my session" then that's how it'll be.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Clan Brujah is made of idealists and iconoclasts. Sadly, latter get most of the attention and form the clan's "face" while idealists are actual thinkers and generally elders who had enough time to cool their blood, so to speak, or because they come from a different era. Then again that's the books.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Damsel from Bloodlines was a dumb college commie, people getting upset over things that have existed for decades. :M
Bloodlines let you call her out on it. I'm sure this game won't. Or better yet: You can go against the pozz but you'll lose Gnosis in doing so.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bloodlines let you call her out on it. I'm sure this game won't. Or better yet: You can go against the pozz but you'll lose Gnosis in doing so.
This game doesn't even have Brujah, this is Werewolf, not Vampire. They're getting mad over a paragraph written by White Wolf, not Cyanide.

Of course W:TA has always been about "muh environment" so the liberal ideology is baked in anyway. :M

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This game doesn't even have Brujah, this is Werewolf, not Vampire. They're getting mad over a paragraph written by White Wolf, not Cyanide.

Of course W:TA has always been about "muh environment" so the liberal ideology is baked in anyway. :M

That's why I mentioned the Gnosis stat. Werewolf is a system where it really matters how balanced you are with your spiritual side and "spirituality" has always meant "hippie bullshit" even in the original versions. Black Furies, Children of Gaia...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom