Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which has better combat? Deadfire or Origins?

Which has better combat?

• Dragon Age: Origins

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You do know I can just go to your blog and find it myself, right?

Edit: Alright, I checked. Didn't find anything. Is this your idea of clickbait, Lilura? If so, I have to respect the effort.

Edit+1: found a mention of a Golden Age RPG in a list of must-have bugfixes, and what do you know:
" BT3 DOS Patch Fixes by ChrisAubuchon for the DOS version of Bard's Tale III (1990). Contains about 30 fixes for this Golden Age RPG. Thanks, Octavius."

Small world.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Don't go there mate,no self respecting codexer will care about other person's opinions!

I only post facts, though.

It is obvious that they fell because of popamole peasantry!

It is true that RTwP is technically popamole. However, I do cover ToEE, Fallout and JA2. Thus, I have not fallen entirely.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Lol. Well, I guess my appreciation for the game (imo it's the best Fallout and one of my top games of all time) despite not playing it in the 90s and my join date on a forum really dictates how I should be taken? So my birthday and my join date matter more than what I say and how I say it? Even if I delivered arguments in a well thought out, respectful way with strong arguments and no logical fallacies?
You really seem like the person people should have logical debates with.
lol who the fuck only joined in May
newfags lmao

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I only post facts, though.
Pfff facts have no place in a codexian argument,clearly they would violate the good nature of a shit throwing contests. Only opinions,interpretations,diversions,misunderstanding of other's posts and fake internet statistics are acceptable in such intellectual debates!
:obviously:

Cross

Arcane
The last few pages in a nutshell:

psycho.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Even old man Octavius has long-known that I'm Finnish.

(It's true that I'm female, though.)

I used Amiga Forever which includes WinUAE.

That's just a no-setup-required front-end, you dunce. You said you couldn't install WinUAE. :lol:

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only with broads do you get this kind of fuck retarded behavior.
Do you have some kind of physical disability IRL causing inferiority complexes or something that compels you to be such an isufferable attention seeker online?
Nah, Lilura here is what we call a victim of the third wave feminist movement. She probably spent all her time studying in High School instead of socializing and working out to make herself attractive, went to school for four years and got some banal ass degree, and then worked for a decade as an "independent" woman! Fast forward to 2018, where she's in her late 30's, her ovaries are pretty much dried up, she's either had no sex at all or fucked every guy that would even look at her. She has no prospect of ever getting a husband, so she brags about her nonexistent "following" over the internet to fill the existential void that not having a child brings. Damn shame.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Even old man Octavius has long-known that I'm Finnish.

(It's true that I'm female, though.)

I used Amiga Forever which includes WinUAE.

That's just a no-setup-required front-end, you dunce. You said you couldn't install WinUAE. :lol:

What I said about WinUAE was:
Super easy? Are you kidding me? I once knew a guy who could take remote control of other people's computers, but WinUAE was too difficult for him.

Sorry to burst your little bubble again.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
So you paid 20 bucks for a front-end or pirated a bloated piece of software... because you COULD install WinUAE and Amiga OS from the ground up?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So you paid 20 bucks for a front-end or pirated a bloated piece of software... because you COULD install WinUAE and Amiga OS from the ground up?

I paid 20 bucks for a legitimate copy of Workbench, and a more user friendly program.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
piracy.jpg

Even old man Octavius knows the futility of telling that to an Amigan :lol:, but seriously, WinUAE can be legally set up without coughing up a penny.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If ever piracy ruined a good thing it was the Amiga game scene.
I remember the computer shops stopped selling Amiga games, and when I asked why the clerk said "Nobody buys Amiga games, they just pirate them".
I was a bit older than your typical Amigatard and had a job, so I was used to buying games. Although "everybody" (including a shop clerk!) kept pushing pirated games on me (full of viruses of course).
I understand people wanting free stuff, but pushing free stuff on others is just retarded and undermines your whole hobby.

So I don't have only happy memories from the Amiga era.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Even if you didn't want to do it the hard way (dumping from original hardware), you could have bought the Kickstart roms and Workbench ADFs for a pittance. Then just download WinUAE emulator (free), and away you go. Then you have a non-bloated, spartan, and FAST set-up like mine:

amiga.jpg

And best of all, you did it yourself and learned something in the process.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
When assessing an era, you sort of need to try out the best versions (and the Amiga had the best versions in some cases).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom