Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, found out why there are only so "few" new episodes in this expanshun: they apparently burned their budget on revoicing older missions.

I already mentioned they put Quark and Nog in the Fed tutorial now, of course, Cryptic being Cryptic, half of the time Nog speaks with the old vulcan captain's voice.
But yesterday while waiting for the Borg RA timer, I decided to aquire another Nakuul shield for my meatshields, the mission inside the Romulard embassy. Turns out they replaced the "other diplomats" with Kira, Garak and Rom as well.
Makes you wonder how many players actually replay all those old missions with their JH toon, since there is no real incentive (= acc rewards) to even do so...

That mission also reminded me how much Cryptic hates slow moving cruiser captains, with all those "IMA CHARGING MAH HYPERWEAPON" spam. Because the hrrrrrq swarmers hadn't already succeeded to hammer it in again. Memory scars from the Vagwarts in the best expansion ever were reopened. :argh:

Also JH toons don't get the weekly reward, making me replay that mission twice. Especially shitty because he is the only one who actually "needs" those mission rewards. :argh: #2

Last edited:

Stokowski

Arcane
Heh, found out why there are only so "few" new episodes in this expanshun: they apparently burned their budget on revoicing older missions.

Ah, that explains this:

I was rerunning an old mission yesterday. I think it was Operation Gamma. One of the Cardassian Struggle sequence anyway. And it had a cutscene where Weyoun spoke two sets of his lines almost simultaneously. There weren't the same recording twice, but two different readings - both clearly by Coombs - overlayed. Weyoun is creepy enough that we don't need two of him, methinks.

Drakron

Arcane
Alright, as some might know they added a small event about some fan show but since they fucked up the blog gone up a month before and people might forgotten about it so here is the deal.

Go to the Narendra system and look for a ship called "Sally Ride", interact with it (that is you get a prompt when you get close to hail it) and you will get a Epic Admiralty card that is the USS Sally Ride that is a Science ship gives +20 Science per ship, note this is per character and as far I can tell the ship location doesnt move, so if anyone says you werent warned, consider this the warning.

Also keep in mind there was no ending date to this meaning it could have ended as I type this so dont drag your feet thinking you have time since we dont know if it ends or when it ends.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
Do you like "somewhat" free stuff?
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/star-trek-online-humble-trekkie-pack
As claiming instructions are obtuse and the site design is kinda ... annoying, there is a reply on how to do it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/91jiww/humble_store_star_trek_online_humble_trekkie_pack/

Now the Bridge Officer is the Borg Eng one BUT if you claim the pack on a Romulan you get TWO of then, a Human (and I assume Klingon if KDF aligned) Borg that is the C-Store one and a ROMULAN Borg Eng.

Drakron

Arcane
Its a hassle alright, I had to read the Reddiit thread to figure out how to get then since it doesnt spit out a code as you would expect but have to go around looking for the right page page and click on a icon there so it can actually give you the code.

Its also not like its a free ship, its just a Liberated Borg BOFF and a outfit really ... granted the phoenix boxes are nice, IF THEY DIDNT GIVE GREENS THAT IS, and there are better BOFFs already were the ones that get 2 of then are also the ones that can just get better BOFFs anyway, unless you going thematic like Borg Romulan with all Borg since only Romulans can actually do that (others just get 3 Borg, 2 Sci and 1 Eng) its just minor, the Liberated Borg Eng its even a account unlock for people that brought it in the C-Store pre-F2P or pre-ordered it by Amazon and its a old BOFF that long lost her shine.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I thought you only convert the fenix price tokens to upgrade kits anyway? There's nothing really in it worth spending the token on, unless you are a fresh player that is.

Even if I got the top tier one, the only event ship I am missing is not even available. Sad.

On an unrelated note: thanks to recent developments, SCIENCE requirments are not that much of a slap in the face when asscarding anymore. With the Sally Ride and Odo's boat (you get for maxing asscards on the Gamma Rectum), you have two additional 70+ sci cards now.
Seems like I am filling my missions entirely with ships from events and quests these days, they are just sooo much better than all the crappy rest.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
THIS THING got the award for the most hoops I had to jump through to get something "free" this year.

1) Sign up to Humble Bundle.
2) Click on all tiles with street signs. Again please.
3) Activate Acc by clicking on the link (copying the link from the mail does not work, direct linkage use only. Fishy!)
4) Sign in to Steam.
5) SteamGuard wants a new PIN. Remember what fucking mail you used.
6) "Don't forget to log off Steam if you are on a public network"! Page then sneakily brings you back to HB, so you are still logged in to Steam, even if you click on "log out".
7) Click on all tiles showing cars. Twice for good measure.
8) Put humble pack worth zero dorrars in basket and check out.
9) Button does not work.
10) Button only works if you check "subscribe to spam mails".
11) Check email. Not for the code, but for a link back to HB.
12) Log in to HB again.
13) Please mark all the tiles showing a shop. Again please, we are still not sure aren't a fun hating robot.
14) Find the page "mah keys" and click on "reveal key", because the site apparently hadn't created one until then.
15) Log in to Arcgames.
16) ArcGuard wants a pin too. Check your maaaail! Which one was it...
16) "Download the chinese spyware steam clone to redeem you code"
17) Fuck no! Find and use link to redeem code directly on the page.
18) Manually go back to Steam and log out.

:rage:

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
I thought you only convert the fenix price tokens to upgrade kits anyway?

Yes but you can downgrade so 1 rare became 2 uncommon meaning 2 Phoenix Upgrades so with those 3 I ended up with 3 uncommons as I could, that is if those were likely rigged, ending up with 4-5 Phoenix Upgrades.
Also I do get around of getting the Red Matter Capacitor that us Very Rare, I havent been inclined to get it just yet as I been thinking on what exactly I want to do with my JH, some people will say that batteries give more power and they are correct in a sense, problem is batteries are consumables and so using then means you lose then as Red Matter Capacitor is permanent and boosts all power levels instead of just one.

And there are a few other things that might be worth grabbing, like the Conn Officer DOFF, I didnt because pretty I actually have then but there is one that I am considering that is the DOFF from one of the first CC events that does the same for Rifts as the normal version does for Wells, I never bothered before since she is very niche, only on Drain Builds but that is what I am considering going with my JH.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is like that time they spent so long going with fucking Enterprise's Temporal Cold War of all things.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Cherry on top, Jewtoob slapped the trailer for STD season 2 in my face. :|

Judging by the news text it only seems to be like Temporal Agent, a few missions and then replay the old stuff. We already got the uniforms, the big ships are in a lockbox... we would barely notice. And I doubt CBS permits Cryptic to make references to Michael Burn'em's future heroics.

No need to panic. Tis well.

Oh and they sneakily mentioned expanding the Reputations to Tier 6. Better start grinding the marks now.

Norfleet

This fall? My, that's a short timespan for cranking this out. No wonder it seems like all work on the game has been abandoned and nothing is getting fixed.

Drakron

Arcane
Also I do get around of getting the Red Matter Capacitor that us Very Rare
Wut, the RMC is not part of the Lifetime package? Shamefur dispray. Even my "Filthy Casual Edition" came with it. :obviously:

No, RMC is from the Collectors Edition as LTS doesnt get it so they have to buy it with Phoenix Boxes.

And yes, not pleased with going into the STD crap ... not I care about making Fed III and will not bothered if they dont do a recruitment event and even that will depend on how annoying that going to be vs rewards, I am even less pleased with Tier 6 reputation, perhaps they want me to quit the game because annoying the crap out of me with a x13 multiplier for every single character I have is a pretty damn good way to make take the highway.

Norfleet

Well, we'll find out what is involved in that. Maybe just another exercise in dumping marks into a project.

Drakron

Arcane
I would think they would remember that what happened before we had Daily Marks were people just said "fuck it" instead of doing what they wanted that was grind out fingers off.

If its just x2 over T5 requirements (200k XP) they are going pretty much make sure there are no new players because imagine doing that in 14 tracks without sponsorship, existing players will just dip from their coffers, its not like the veteran players are hurting for marks and can just dump 700 marks into T6 without having to queue, it will not change a damn thing and if they require the so called "Elite Marks" all they do is going to piss EVERYONE off without solving the undelying issue of why queues are dead because moment people reach T6 they stop just like when they did when they reached T5.

Now I would assume people are that stupid but Game Developers seem to a special breed of self absorbed retards that have a inflated opinion of ... oh wait, they are millennials arent they? that makes sense, so that means I am not putting off the table they will just apply a band-aid that solves nothing and then look every confused when their ban-aid that solves nothing ... solved nothing.

I am rambling but playing this game as long I did, I seen enough retardation from Cryptic side.
Also I am not going T6 even if its jsut dump 700 Marks, they are pushing it as it is with 13 tracks at T5 ... I am NOT FUCKING DOING IT FOR 14 TRACKS, not per character I fucking wont.

Norfleet

Boo frickety hoo. Life is grind, Drakron. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Pretty sure they will keep up the proven "recruitment" concept used for temp/gamma rectums. More like gamma probably, since they don't have to add speshul items into existing missions that way. Lazy buggers.
But I am okay with that, I am itching to replay a Fedling for quite some time to catch up with all the old stuff, but not going to do it now if I could get uuuh "monetary incentive" later.

As for the T6 reps: I wouldn't be surprised if cryptic adds some new "t6 marks" to the table, so everyone has to grind Borg RA/new queues at least 7 times per char until we die of boredom. And of course from T5 to T6 will not be discounted even if you had a sponsorship active. METRICS! :argh:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Thankfully I don't remember the chaos all that much.

I skipped all the bullshit when the game was still subscription based, because it wasn't worth the hassle. When I came back for F2P, they had already removed most of that baggage from inventory. Still didn't bother to grind reps until the daily bawnus mark system was introduced. Made it a little less not-fun.

I only did the Dyson rep, which I think had still two different types of marks tho? I remember doing a quick daily mission there that was enough somehow, as opposed to the other reps...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well there's a mark for every rep, and an elite "mark" for almost every rep (IIRC Romulan and Nukara don't have them) which are used solely to buy the rep's set gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom